callahan to arkansas?

They could go to a lower division and get a good head coach who would love to move up a level. I'd rather have Jerry Moore (App. St.) than BC. I don't care how old he is. Callahan would/could still be here if he had a Buddy Ryan personality for DC. The D guys would have played hard for their DC and the offense was good.

yes, Arkansas' AD must be as stupid as Pedy was........got to get rid of Nutt, but no solid prospect in the bag. they will be getting some 3rd tier guy now, unless something changes drastically......no wait....Cally AND Coz are both available....... :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

The last stop for both of them before their coach search blunders was Pitt. Must be something in the water at Pittsburgh. :wasted

yes, Arkansas' AD must be as stupid as Pedy was........got to get rid of Nutt, but no solid prospect in the bag. they will be getting some 3rd tier guy now, unless something changes drastically......no wait....Cally AND Coz are both available....... :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

The last stop for both of them before their coach search blunders was Pitt. Must be something in the water at Pittsburgh. :wasted

i thought the ad at arKANSAS wanted to give nutt an extension?

i thought the ad at arKANSAS wanted to give nutt an extension?

yah, they wanted him just to avoid the mess they're in right now.

nutt is a problem magnet, pure and simple. there's always some drama or another around him or his program. fans didn't like him and he was beginning to feel the heat.

that being said, he kept the hawgs credible and arkansas as yet didn't have have enough to justify getting rid of him and to go thru the pain of finding a new coach.

so when he said, "later, skaters! i'ma goin' ta OLE MISS!" it was a surprise to everyone.

you think the SEC doesn't have enough drama now? wait 'til next season.

Isn't Frank Broyles still their AD until the end of the school year? I'd hardly think of him as stupid. He won't hire Bill Callahan.

Isn't Frank Broyles still their AD until the end of the school year? I'd hardly think of him as stupid. He won't hire Bill Callahan.

Yes, he is, but he's not directly involved in the search - they've left that in the hands of the new AD, Long.

Ark would be smart to make a strong play for Kelly before Mich finally wises-up.

Petrino is supposed to be in the mix. For a name that big after getting shot-down a couple times I'd imagine the $$ would be big.

After that I'd go for maybe a Bud Foster-possibly the best DC in the country. Muschamp is supposed be pretty Pelini-esque

June Jones is supposed to be interested in UCLA, maybe he'd want Ark.

Leach is always out there.

Yes, he is, but he's not directly involved in the search - they've left that in the hands of the new AD, Long.

I have a feeling Long will bounce any decision off of Broyles... He'd be a fool not too. I seriously doubt a guy with the brains and common sense of Frank Broyles will allow a hire of Callahan.....especially right now.

I could see the conversation between Ark and Callihan now:

LONG: Bill, why do you think they let you go at Nebraska?

CALLIi: Those a$$hole fans they have never gave me chance. I was this close == to winning a national championship.

LONG: How would you handle recruiting at Arkansas?

CALLI: I would tell the kids I could guarantee them a job in the pros after graduation. I have my connections.

LONG: Bill, what do you think about half-time adjustments?

CALLI: Funny you should ask. I don't believe in making changes to my offense or defense. The schemes I think up are perfect in every way. Why change them at half-time?

LONG: Interesting. Why do you beleive you never won a game when trailing at the half?

CALLI: You can't trust those college kids. You give them a plan and in the second half they quit on you. I don't understand what's wrong with college kids these days.

LONG: What assistant coaches would you consider hiring?

CALLI: I definately will be bringing in my buddy Kevin Cosgrove as Defensive Coordinator. He's a hellofa defensive mind. I also have seen a few good assistants in the movie "The Longest Yard" that I would like to interview.

LONG: Bill, how would you get the team back on track if you had a streak of two or three losses?

CALLI: That one's easy. I wouldn't confuse the players with any changes and I wouldn't have any contact during practice so they don't get hurt and aren't challenged. Then I would I would make some yawning motions and spitting during the games so the players know I mean business. Eventually that will work and I will have them ready for contention for a national title in a year or two after that.

LONG: What kind of offense do you plan on installing?

CALLI: I will install my famous west coast offense. It's a terrific system. I'll bend the existing players to make them fit in my offense if necessary then I'll add a few recruits that shouldn't need any coaching. They'll be ready to go right out of junior college or high school. We'll be able to take what we want on the field because nobody will be able t stop us. Well, some teams did stop us at Nebraska, but that wasn't my fault. And, we'll usually score on every possession anyway because we may need to in most games. I like a wide open affair to draw in the fans. Of course, it does take just a bit of study to learn my offense so don't plan on any offensive players attending any classes. They will need that time to study my 20 pound playbook.

LONG: Thanks for your time coach. Don't call us, we'll call you.

CALLI: Great! Oh, did I mention I will need a 3 or 4 million dollar buyout clause in my contract just in case you decide to fire me?