callahan to arkansas?

yes, Arkansas' AD must be as stupid as Pedy was........got to get rid of Nutt, but no solid prospect in the bag. they will be getting some 3rd tier guy now, unless something changes drastically......no wait....Cally AND Coz are both available....... :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I thought Nutt resigned when the Ole Miss job opened up. I don't remember hearing he was fired.

yes, Arkansas' AD must be as stupid as Pedy was........got to get rid of Nutt, but no solid prospect in the bag. they will be getting some 3rd tier guy now, unless something changes drastically......no wait....Cally AND Coz are both available....... :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I thought Nutt resigned when the Ole Miss job opened up. I don't remember hearing he was fired.

he wasn't fired, technically, but it was pretty apparent the admin in charge really did not want him to stay on either. lots of bitching in the preseason and during the season too. they knew, one way or the other, he wasn't coming back for 2008, but the admin wasn't smart enough to get a leg up on a new coach and to be honest the position at Arkansas is not very attractive either.....AR Husker may have some more insight into what is going on down there and he may completely dispel my theory too. AR? what's up at Arkansas?

he wasn't fired, technically, but it was pretty apparent the admin in charge really did not want him to stay on either. lots of bitching in the preseason and during the season too. they knew, one way or the other, he wasn't coming back for 2008, but the admin wasn't smart enough to get a leg up on a new coach and to be honest the position at Arkansas is not very attractive either.....AR Husker may have some more insight into what is going on down there and he may completely dispel my theory too. AR? what's up at Arkansas?

Man, what a circus...

According to at least one member of the Board of Regents, the administration wanted Nutt gone. Trouble was, Nutt wasn't going to resign and lose the annuities and other money that would have been lost if he walked away. At the same time, Arkansas didn't want to fire him - it feared that doing so would make it difficult to find a coach. After all, Arkansas had just finished at 8-4 and beaten the Number 1 team in LSU. Hence, the compromise - a resignation with a full award of all the monies Nutt would have gotten had he stayed.

The word now is that Long (the incoming AD) is acting as a kind of one-man search committee. He had no real candidate lined up to replace Nutt. He's reportedly not working with Broyles, and he hasn't hired a search firm - at least, he's denied it to date.

At this point, Arkansas is now beginning to consider NFL coaches - it wants a head coach as opposed to a coordinator (at any level).

If this is sounding eerily like Nebraska circa 2003, you're spot on...

yes, Arkansas' AD must be as stupid as Pedy was........got to get rid of Nutt, but no solid prospect in the bag. they will be getting some 3rd tier guy now, unless something changes drastically......no wait....Cally AND Coz are both available.......

actually, i think nutt left after negotiations. he was feeling the heat want bailed.

Man, what a circus...

According to at least one member of the Board of Regents, the administration wanted Nutt gone. Trouble was, Nutt wasn't going to resign and lose the annuities and other money that would have been lost if he walked away. At the same time, Arkansas didn't want to fire him - it feared that doing so would make it difficult to find a coach. After all, Arkansas had just finished at 8-4 and beaten the Number 1 team in LSU. Hence, the compromise - a resignation with a full award of all the monies Nutt would have gotten had he stayed.

The word now is that Long (the incoming AD) is acting as a kind of one-man search committee. He had no real candidate lined up to replace Nutt. He's reportedly not working with Broyles, and he hasn't hired a search firm - at least, he's denied it to date.

At this point, Arkansas is now beginning to consider NFL coaches - it wants a head coach as opposed to a coordinator (at any level).

thanks AR. keep us posted here. i have a distant interest in Arkansas, but like you, i fear they are headed the wrong direction in search of a recycled NFL coach. we shall see.......thanks again.

:hmmph

Man, what a circus...

Oh man.... they can't POSSIBLY be doing that after seeing us go through it.... :hmmph I can't believe Broyles wouldn't say anything...