Stlill lovin it

I really miss Lee's Chicken, too. Southern chicken has nothing on Lee's. It is the best. I think Rose's Lodge in Omaha is similar though.

Ah, Lee's chicken. Used to eat there a lot when I was a student. I have eaten there recently and it's just as good as ever. Just great fried chicken! :)

just make your own runza

that premade crap is just that

crap

That isn't my feelings about Runza. Runza is a semi-religious experience. :)

then you obviously haven't had a well made homemade runza

It is so bizarre to listen to people sing the praises of Runza. A Runza is a half-assed fast food version of a German food called the Cabbage Burger. (Their fries rock though).

Next time you are in one of those little German farm towns in Western Neb or Eastern Colo and Kansas stop in a bakery and get a cabbage burger. I know the Gering Bakery sells them. i buy a half dozen every time I'm home.

Runza is this blasphemous verision of a sacred food my grandmother, and probably many others' grandmothers used to make.

hey, thread within a thread... love it. in no particular order:

-whole combination hogie from Pontillios

-wings from Watering Hole

-cheesesteaks and 10 cent (as i remember) schlitz's from Chartroose Caboose

-loose meat cheese sandys from Waldo's

-fancy drinkin' at McGuffy's

It is so bizarre to listen to people sing the praises of Runza. A Runza is a half-assed fast food version of a German food called the Cabbage Burger. (Their fries rock though).

Next time you are in one of those little German farm towns in Western Neb or Eastern Colo and Kansas stop in a bakery and get a cabbage burger. I know the Gering Bakery sells them. i buy a half dozen every time I'm home.

Runza is this blasphemous verision of a sacred food my grandmother, and probably many others' grandmothers used to make.

I've eaten lots of the homemade German cabbage burgers. Runza is lots better as far as I am concerned. :)

Lee's is stll around. I've never been there, though. I've probably driven by it 1,000,000 times. I should stop by once.

You've never been there!!?? The chicken is fantastic! Don't drive past next time.

My family owned and created Lee's Chicken, but if you think Lee's is good now (which it isnt anymore) you would have loved it before my family sold it... We still own % of it so by all means eat up!!