What is the appeal of Colorado to our recruits?

This thread is by far my favorite of all time! :lol::clap

Another major reason a recruit would pick CU over Nebraska is because when you go to CU, you can concentrate 100% on football and not have to worry about annoying college stuff like going to class or having to get an education or nonsense like that....

This statement in particular... oh man :rollin:rollin:rollin

but this one is true....lol....been proven in the past!!

Another major reason a recruit would pick CU over Nebraska is because when you go to CU, you can concentrate 100% on football and not have to worry about annoying college stuff like going to class or having to get an education or nonsense like that....

Uhh... do you really want to get into this argument? You really don't have much of a leg to stand on here, Colorado has consistently held its players to far higher standards than Nebraska. Sure, CU players aren't immune to bad behavior, but they're actually punished for it when it takes place. Oh, AND it should probably be mentioned that CU loses at least 2 or 3 recruits every year on account of their not having good enough grades to get in... when's the last time you heard about that happening in Lincoln?

I'm not intending to rag on the education people receive at NU at all, but I really don't think you're in any position to be slandering the academic integrity of Colorado.

Uhh... do you really want to get into this argument? You really don't have much of a leg to stand on here, Colorado has consistently held its players to far higher standards than Nebraska. Sure, CU players aren't immune to bad behavior, but they're actually punished for it when it takes place. Oh, AND it should probably be mentioned that CU loses at least 2 or 3 recruits every year on account of their not having good enough grades to get in... when's the last time you heard about that happening in Lincoln?

I'm not intending to rag on the education people receive at NU at all, but I really don't think you're in any position to be slandering the academic integrity of Colorado.

Lol...it wasn't that long ago they got caught having someone take a test for one of their football players....yeah....I would take you up on your offer....

Lol...it wasn't that long ago they got caught having someone take a test for one of their football players....yeah....I would take you up on your offer....

And it wasn't that long ago that Nebraska suspended a player for one game against a doormat opponent after he was arrested for assault... and resisting arrest... and drunk driving. And it wasn't that long ago that a CU starter was suspended for the entire season (and fall semester classes) after getting in 1 fight.

Show me what you're referencing, and show me the penalty that student received for his actions. Then maybe we can talk... well, we can read anyway (which of course is far more than you can say for a healthy wad of the players Osborne awarded degrees to in the 80's and 90's).

That is nonsense. No one has been caught taking tests for football players at CU. Maybe you have a news link where you read this? Or maybe its just wishful thinking on your part? CU players can't get academic credit from playing football, unlike several other Big 12 schools. And CU players can't major in gym, like at other Big 12 schools. And when CU players do wrong, they are disciplined by both the football team and the university, unlike Nebraska, or have you already forgotten Mo Purify missing one lousy game for multiple offenses including domestic violence and drunk driving? Or Lawrence Phillips missing one practice for beating the crap out of girlfriend in front of witnesses, or Christian Peter raping Miss Nebraska, or Johnny Rodgers robbing gas stations, etc. Colorado football doesn't always make me proud but if anyone should be calling the kettle black, they aren't pots from Nebraska, dude.

And if you want to know what might make CU appeal to recruits, HuskerTrucker, you might want to read your own posts. I respect most Nebraska fans but making bigoted remarks about hispanics? Not what I'd expect from fans who consider themselves the classiest in college football.

That is nonsense. No one has been caught taking tests for football players at CU. Maybe you have a news link where you read this? Or maybe its just wishful thinking on your part? CU players can't get academic credit from playing football, unlike several other Big 12 schools. And CU players can't major in gym, like at other Big 12 schools. And when CU players do wrong, they are disciplined by both the football team and the university, unlike Nebraska, or have you already forgotten Mo Purify missing one lousy game for multiple offenses including domestic violence and drunk driving? Or Lawrence Phillips missing one practice for beating the crap out of girlfriend in front of witnesses, or Christian Peter raping Miss Nebraska, or Johnny Rodgers robbing gas stations, etc. Colorado football doesn't always make me proud but if anyone should be calling the kettle black, they aren't pots from Nebraska, dude.

And if you want to know what might make CU appeal to recruits, HuskerTrucker, you might want to read your own posts. I respect most Nebraska fans but making bigoted remarks about hispanics? Not what I'd expect from fans who consider themselves the classiest in college football.

Holy mother of... wow. That was SO good! :rollin

Lol...it did happen...they got caught. As far as being bigoted...I just believe that I should be able to speak english in my own country and be understood. If your going to live here...speak the lingo. Period. Colorado has become East California when it comes to illegals and mexicans that can't speak english. You would think you was on a border state if you visited Denver. :bang

Some of the stuff on this board is unbelievable. For the record, I think CU has improved from a 2-10 first year under Hawkins to 6-6 this year. They are playing Alabama in a bowl game. They beat Oklahoma this year, who was at or near number 1 at the time. They do have a nice history, w ith a staff making some real progress. Kids see this, along with TV exposure, and want to be part of it. Let's give them a little credit. As far as I know, you don't have to learn Spanish to live there ( nice comment ), and they don't offer girls to recruits. Maybe recruits want to be part a positive and upcoming program as was said before. Maybe some of them even read this board and draw conclusions from the discussions...........

OldFogey:

Thank you for the gracious compliment. It is in both our schools' interests for CU and Nebraska to be the top teams in the conference again, and that's not helped by tearing each other down while Oklahoma buys recruits with "jobs" at car dealerships.

Some of the stuff on this board is unbelievable. For the record, I think CU has improved from a 2-10 first year under Hawkins to 6-6 this year. They are playing Alabama in a bowl game. They beat Oklahoma this year, who was at or near number 1 at the time. They do have a nice history, w ith a staff making some real progress. Kids see this, along with TV exposure, and want to be part of it. Let's give them a little credit. As far as I know, you don't have to learn Spanish to live there ( nice comment ), and they don't offer girls to recruits. Maybe recruits want to be part a positive and upcoming program as was said before. Maybe some of them even read this board and draw conclusions from the discussions...........

OldFogey:

Thank you for the gracious compliment. It is in both our schools' interests for CU and Nebraska to be the top teams in the conference again, and that's not helped by tearing each other down while Oklahoma buys recruits with "jobs" at car dealerships.

That happens everywhere....sad to say. I don't know it, but wouldn't doubt that there are some Husker players working for some of the donors. It is pretty hard to control. Hopefully they are showing up for the job.

I have to swallow some crow on the cheating....that happened at Air Force. Here is the link:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...02/ai_n19186432

But I stand firm on everything else that I have stated...

I have to swallow some crow on the cheating....that happened at Air Force. Here is the link:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...02/ai_n19186432

But I stand firm on everything else that I have stated...

And what exactly is that? You are racist?

NO dumb butt, I am not, but in America, you should be able to speak ENGLISH...that was my point, and only that...for being the first post, and your nickname being "The True One" makes me wonder about your though...what are you? :nutz

NO dumb butt, I am not, but in America, you should be able to speak ENGLISH...that was my point, and only that...for being the first post, and your nickname being "The True One" makes me wonder about your though...what are you? :nutz

I'm Batman.

yeah, and I'm the Jolly Green Giant....oh wait, that might be racist....