What is the appeal of Colorado to our recruits?

I will take a 2 star kid who plays with 100% heart and grit. One who will APPRECIATE the fact that he has made it to college. Not a 5 star blue chipper who expects everything handed to him and the minute you question his abilities he threatens to transfer!

I'll take a 5 start kid who plays with 100% heart and grit. One who will APPRECIATE the fact that he has made it to college.

I will take a 2 star kid who plays with 100% heart and grit. One who will APPRECIATE the fact that he has made it to college. Not a 5 star blue chipper who expects everything handed to him and the minute you question his abilities he threatens to transfer!

I'll take a 5 start kid who plays with 100% heart and grit. One who will APPRECIATE the fact that he has made it to college.

Not many of those around....but I also want them to have the desire to play for Nebraska, not just because it was their best choice. I want them to come here because it was their only choice. We the fans have a lot to do with that one.

Good luck on that!

You know, when you recruit someone you should look and see how he feels about his parents, his family. If he has respect for them, he will probably do everything he can to keep his family's honor by doing the right things.

I know when I was that age, the last thing I would have wanted is to have my family be embarrassed or humiliated by something I did or said. I think that is true of most kids that have respect for their parents.

problem is, today, there are damn few kids raised that way. sad.

It could also be because this year CU played or started 41 or 42 freshmen (redshirt and true). They had to rebuild because of recruiting woes when all the scandals hit. Recruits see how many freshmen got to play, and they want to play early.

For a coaching staff that has been there for a while....that is pretty poor...where did the recruit the past few years? Why isn't there more sophmore and juniors? I don't get why everyone thinks this coaching staff is so great? :sarcasm

Coach Hawkins is a very charismatic person. As much as some Husker fans don't want to admit it, CU is on the brink of turning the corner (in a good way). They have a very challenging upcoming schedule and a lot of young players.

Spot on. CU has a much better immediate potential for winning than does NU. They have the proven coach --- we do not. they have an improving team on the field. We do not. They are two years further into the rebuild program than we are. We are at ground zero. CU seemingly has better athletes and have had young players contribute and the expectation is that they are no more than a year or so away from being a ranked-caliber team. No such realistic prognosis is there for NU.

Our new staff is unproven and unknown consisting of ex-unemployed coaches, graduate assistants, and the coaches brother. Recruiting against that is very, very easy indeed.

And CU has scoreboard.

Other than that, I can't think of much.