What is the appeal of Colorado to our recruits?

Bottom line.....................CU is on the rise and NU is still down. We will get back up there, but it is taking a lot longer than people thought it would. I'm still going to root for my team and scream my damn head off every Saturday during football season. The recruits will come sooner or later, but people are expecting miracles already and this is what we need to change. Bo is already in a hole and he hasn't even been here that long because of what we are expecting out of this recruiting class! Part of being a Husker fan is having unrealistic expectations, but we all knew that this recruiting class was going to go downhill fast. It's just the nature of the business. CU has a nice campus and they are doing some good things there. I REALLY HATE SAYING THAT BY THE WAY!!!! <_<

Bottom line.....................CU is on the rise and NU is still down. We will get back up there, but it is taking a lot longer than people thought it would. I'm still going to root for my team and scream my damn head off every Saturday during football season. The recruits will come sooner or later, but people are expecting miracles already and this is what we need to change. Bo is already in a hole and he hasn't even been here that long because of what we are expecting out of this recruiting class! Part of being a Husker fan is having unrealistic expectations, but we all knew that this recruiting class was going to go downhill fast. It's just the nature of the business. CU has a nice campus and they are doing some good things there. I REALLY HATE SAYING THAT BY THE WAY!!!! <_<

Say it aint so! ;)

Another major reason a recruit would pick CU over Nebraska is because when you go to CU, you can concentrate 100% on football and not have to worry about annoying college stuff like going to class or having to get an education or nonsense like that....

Lol...it did happen...they got caught. As far as being bigoted...I just believe that I should be able to speak english in my own country and be understood. If your going to live here...speak the lingo. Period. Colorado has become East California when it comes to illegals and mexicans that can't speak english. You would think you was on a border state if you visited Denver. :bang

Nobody is asking you to speak Spanish....trust me I have been to Denver plenty of times and it will be tough but you might be able to get away with speaking English. I don't think anybody will understand you though :sarcasm

Don't see how this pertains to the disscusion...Nebraska has their fair share of illegals's, just look at all those meat packing plants. None the less this should not be an issue, and I find extremelly racist to conclude that all the hispanic immigrints do not speak english.

btw....CU is ranked as the 11th best Public University in the world according to The Economist which published a two year survey on university's across the world. It was up there with the Likes of Berkley and colleges like that. CU is one of the best University's in the world.

But in all honesty the reason we are doing such a great job is simply we have an up and coming program. We have a stable coaching situation unlike you and we upset powerhouse Oklahama which always helps.

and btw..even if we are a party school, at least all of our recruits have a chance at getting laid by a fine lady while attending our university unlike at Nebraska. Which rounds out my reasons.

Mountains, Skiing, and beatiful girls.

btw....CU is ranked as the 11th best Public University in the world according to The Economist which published a two year survey on university's across the world. It was up there with the Likes of Berkley and colleges like that. CU is one of the best University's in the world.

and btw..even if we are a party school, at least all of our recruits have a chance at getting laid by a fine lady while attending our university unlike at Nebraska. Which rounds out my reasons.

Actually, you're currently listed at #79. Now, I don't know where you'd rank if all these institutions were filtered by "public" but I do know this: we're not far behind you on this poll. It's amazing how we can always find "sources" to support our viewpoint, isn't it?

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews....tudoc_brief.php

The only things that Colorado schools instill in their students are these:

1) Be a yuppy

2) Wear North Face, Moutain Hardwear, Marmot jackets at all times

3) Even if you don't know how to ski/board, ALWAYS install a bike/ski/board rack on your car - you do, after all, live in Colorado!

4) Buy a Suburu, stat! Not only is everyone-else driving them in CO, but they'll make you look like you care about gas-mileage...or subsequently the environment - even though you don't.

5) If you're ever losing an argument, ALWAYS reference those mountains. Plate-Techtonics was, in fact, created for you Coloradans. Build your personality around your geo-location.

Now I will say this, I love skiing..and I love beautiful girls, however, if you were to spend a weekend night in Lincoln, I'm guessing you'd change your mind. They're not Colorado girls (granola) but rather girls that shave their arm-pits and legs. If you like the hair, hey man, then that's your thing.

The one good thing about a player coming to Nebraska vs. Colorado...he won't have to deal with those bags that make up for their lack of personality and character by motioning their arms in the direction of mountains saying, "See, I'm cool."

Another major reason a recruit would pick CU over Nebraska is because when you go to CU, you can concentrate 100% on football and not have to worry about annoying college stuff like going to class or having to get an education or nonsense like that....

Lol...it did happen...they got caught. As far as being bigoted...I just believe that I should be able to speak english in my own country and be understood. If your going to live here...speak the lingo. Period. Colorado has become East California when it comes to illegals and mexicans that can't speak english. You would think you was on a border state if you visited Denver. :bang

Nobody is asking you to speak Spanish....trust me I have been to Denver plenty of times and it will be tough but you might be able to get away with speaking English. I don't think anybody will understand you though :sarcasm

Don't see how this pertains to the disscusion...Nebraska has their fair share of illegals's, just look at all those meat packing plants. None the less this should not be an issue, and I find extremelly racist to conclude that all the hispanic immigrints do not speak english.

But in all honesty the reason we are doing such a great job is simply we have an up and coming program. We have a stable coaching situation unlike you and we upset powerhouse Oklahama which always helps.

Dang, I forgot about those meat plants....lol. We are working on moving them to Colorado though....

What does it take to have a stable coaching staff btw? If we go one year, two years....that is about all you have up on us there.

There are plenty of "fine ladies" in Lincoln, also...just go downtown on a Friday or Saturday night...

Yea, the poll I got was from the economist and it was just "Public" U's. I'm not saying Nebraska is terrible, im just saying we are by most standards a slightly better school so you have no right to slander our academic integrity. My brother had a 4.6 GPA and scored a perfect on the math SAT, not as good on the other parts, but he got accepted into MIT, Cal-Tech, and all those big boys but he went to CU becasue it is a respectable college, especially for engineering.

Anyway, yea who else do we want?

We have already got Givens, Mohler, Williams and Rippy.

They made a good hire and Hawkins has systematically rebuilt from the ground up. He went with serious youth, took his licks and developed his players in playing for the future.

Pelini should learn from that.

If Bo matches hawkins first two years performance...

... Bo won't get a third year.

but- opinions vary

GO BO!!!

This thread is by far my favorite of all time! :lol::clap

This statement in particular... oh man :rollin:rollin:rollin

but this one is true....lol....been proven in the past!!

Uhh... do you really want to get into this argument? You really don't have much of a leg to stand on here, Colorado has consistently held its players to far higher standards than Nebraska. Sure, CU players aren't immune to bad behavior, but they're actually punished for it when it takes place. Oh, AND it should probably be mentioned that CU loses at least 2 or 3 recruits every year on account of their not having good enough grades to get in... when's the last time you heard about that happening in Lincoln?

I'm not intending to rag on the education people receive at NU at all, but I really don't think you're in any position to be slandering the academic integrity of Colorado.

Lol...it wasn't that long ago they got caught having someone take a test for one of their football players....yeah....I would take you up on your offer....

That is nonsense. No one has been caught taking tests for football players at CU. Maybe you have a news link where you read this? Or maybe its just wishful thinking on your part? CU players can't get academic credit from playing football, unlike several other Big 12 schools. And CU players can't major in gym, like at other Big 12 schools. And when CU players do wrong, they are disciplined by both the football team and the university, unlike Nebraska, or have you already forgotten Mo Purify missing one lousy game for multiple offenses including domestic violence and drunk driving? Or Lawrence Phillips missing one practice for beating the crap out of girlfriend in front of witnesses, or Christian Peter raping Miss Nebraska, or Johnny Rodgers robbing gas stations, etc. Colorado football doesn't always make me proud but if anyone should be calling the kettle black, they aren't pots from Nebraska, dude.

And if you want to know what might make CU appeal to recruits, HuskerTrucker, you might want to read your own posts. I respect most Nebraska fans but making bigoted remarks about hispanics? Not what I'd expect from fans who consider themselves the classiest in college football.

Maybe you should learn to type the language you speak before bagging on people that just want a better life. Hate to break it to you, the immigration issue is a bigot issue. You don't want to share, especially with people that have different colored skin and speak a different language. It is in fact people that think like you that helped convince me that leaving Neebraska was a good idea. I'd be really interested to hear your opinoons on homosexuals. Oh, wait, no....I really wouldn't. Good luck at your next Klan meeting!

As for the real topic. I get to hear Hawk on the radio from time to time and he is infectious. As much as I despise CU football he is a great guy and firey coach. AND HE HAD A SIGNATURE WIN IN HIs 2nd SEASON!!

I believe he was also on the NCAA ethics committee and I do beleive there were a few things happening in Boulder that needed a little ethical strengthening. (Just bc/ no one was convicted doesn't mean the rape(s) didn't happen- I don't think Barnett was encouraging the behavior but I think he did help hide it)

It will be interesting to see what happens from here. CU's previous coaches were allowed to stay for floating around the 7-5 hump.

I do agree with the post that said if Pellini does what Hawk did in his first 2 years Pellini will be fired but that just speaks to the difference in football standards.

As for academic standards, I work in academia. Most colleges are known for specialization, meaning the Socialogy dept could be very good but Music could suck, etc. Overall, CU is nothing special (but then again neither is NU).NU)

Actually, you're currently listed at #79. Now, I don't know where you'd rank if all these institutions were filtered by "public" but I do know this: we're not far behind you on this poll. It's amazing how we can always find "sources" to support our viewpoint, isn't it?

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews....tudoc_brief.php

The only things that Colorado schools instill in their students are these:

1) Be a yuppy

2) Wear North Face, Moutain Hardwear, Marmot jackets at all times

3) Even if you don't know how to ski/board, ALWAYS install a bike/ski/board rack on your car - you do, after all, live in Colorado!

4) Buy a Suburu, stat! Not only is everyone-else driving them in CO, but they'll make you look like you care about gas-mileage...or subsequently the environment - even though you don't.

5) If you're ever losing an argument, ALWAYS reference those mountains. Plate-Techtonics was, in fact, created for you Coloradans. Build your personality around your geo-location.

Now I will say this, I love skiing..and I love beautiful girls, however, if you were to spend a weekend night in Lincoln, I'm guessing you'd change your mind. They're not Colorado girls (granola) but rather girls that shave their arm-pits and legs. If you like the hair, hey man, then that's your thing.

The one good thing about a player coming to Nebraska vs. Colorado...he won't have to deal with those bags that make up for their lack of personality and character by motioning their arms in the direction of mountains saying, "See, I'm cool."

Nice post couldn't have said it better myself..

I had a Subaru once.....it ran into a real midwest winter, cried a little bit and then rolled over and died. What do them there furiners know about winter anyway??? :angry: Got me a fine American-Made Suzuki now!

Oh...and ISU is a much better school than CU or NU when it comes to education simply because we plow our money into education rather than plowing it back into the athletic department. Thus...our sporting teams suck (except against CU this year who we handily defeated...as expected) but your athletes will be flipping our student's burgers one day.

Oh...and at ISU if our players get in any trouble, we just send em to Iowa. All they need to do over there is put a fence around campus and they could declare it the newest state penitentary.