What is the appeal of Colorado to our recruits?

They finished 6-6 last year and dropped some bad games, yet they are managing to impress our recruits left and right. I would appreciate any insight. Please don't tell me the mountain either. He must be promising kids starting immediately. It must be good whatever they are selling over there.

Team success has never really mattered to a lot of recruits. You have to look no further than Notre Dame for proof of that.

Dan Hawkins and his staff can recruit pretty well AFAIK.

Another thing that brings them in for CU is having the Rocky Mountains right there in the background. Most of these kids are flat landers, and they see those moutains and see themselves on the skis. They see the beautiful blondes that hang out in the lodges. Anyone that takes a recruiting trip to Colorado should do it in the summer, in the heat; they should also take a trip into Denver and see the people....lol. I hate to be prejudice, but I hope they can speak spanish...

Maybe they should also go to a game, not as a recruit, but wearing another teams colors, see how great the sportsmanship is in Colorado...that alone would deter me from ever wanting to go there. I would rather be in a place where the fans spend more time supporting their team than finding ways to make life miserable for fans of their opponents. Seems like that is more of a sport to them than football is.

Maybe, also, they are not really going to college for an education, but rather to party. CU is always towards the top of the polls on the best party schools, schools like Nebraska don't even rank there.

There are probably as many reasons as there are recruits for someone to "want" to attend CU...if I was a coach trying to land them, and found out that they were seriously contemplating CU and didn't live there, I would cross their name off my list immediately, unless some great explanation of "why?" could be given by the kid. That isn't who I want on our team.

Well Colorado has had their coaching staff around for a few season where we are still getting all of our coaches lined up. The only people that want to enter that type of situation are the kids who have always wanted to play for Nebraska. I really hope that there is no dirty recruiting going on due to our situation. <_<

Well Colorado has had their coaching staff around for a few season where we are still getting all of our coaches lined up. The only people that want to enter that type of situation are the kids who have always wanted to play for Nebraska. I really hope that there is no dirty recruiting going on due to our situation. <_<

Any coach will try to take advantage of this situation here in Nebraska, this isn't really dirty, just smart - if the kid is someone that you can really use.

Just because they have had their coaches for a while don't make them good coaches. After all, look at their record, I don't see them getting vast improvement year to year. I think the only reason that there aren't people yelling to have their heads on a platter is because a) they beat a couple decent teams at the beginning of the season, and B) their fans have become so accustomed to mediocrity that it just don't bother them that much. Their fans spend more time plotting how to make the other team's fans miserable than they do supporting their team or having discussions on how to improve the team.

They finished 6-6 last year and dropped some bad games, yet they are managing to impress our recruits left and right. I would appreciate any insight. Please don't tell me the mountain either. He must be promising kids starting immediately. It must be good whatever they are selling over there.

No morals in Boulder. Anything goes, on campus and off. :steam

I don't think the coaches have very much control over the players...but in my heart, I would like to think that they (the coaches) try to do the right things and follow the rules. Accountability from the players has really never been an issue there, for sure.

I don't think the coaches have very much control over the players...but in my heart, I would like to think that they (the coaches) try to do the right things and follow the rules. Accountability from the players has really never been an issue there, for sure.

Or here either if you want to get technical. Back in the 90's players were running around Lincoln as if they owned the city and feared no remorse for their actions. Why you ask? Because let's face it, there really wasn't any punishment for their actions. Or in better terms "accountability". I was in school at UNL during that time and seen some wild stuff up there.

You know, when you recruit someone you should look and see how he feels about his parents, his family. If he has respect for them, he will probably do everything he can to keep his family's honor by doing the right things.

I know when I was that age, the last thing I would have wanted is to have my family be embarrassed or humiliated by something I did or said. I think that is true of most kids that have respect for their parents.