Early assault on Bo unfair

zoogs

The people who are "melting message boards with dire predictions of impending doom" are the vast, vast minority. This article makes it sound like the majority of Husker fans are bitching.

Good writing?

:rollin

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's getting blown way out of proportion with how bad us Husker fans are about this whole situation. To be honest, I haven't seen any assaults on Bo hardly at all. Fans are mad, including myself, that we can't hold on to recruits. Are we supposed to be happy that our recruiting class is being chopped in half including ALL of the top recruits being gone now? I'm not going to flame much, but I think we have reason to worry about the staff if this many guys jump ship. Sure, it comes with a new coach being hired, but like I've said before..Callahan didn't have any problems at all like Bo is having. I don't know if it's because they have not been contacting them enough or what, but if thats the case, then I won't be happy at all.

In my opinion the reason alot of the recruits that verbally said they would come here are leaving is because Callahan told them he would get them into the NFL, and Pelini and gang aren't doing that. So these young men see Millions of dollars, ferrari's and etc leaving with Pelini. If the only reason they were coming here was the NFL thing, then IMO, I'm glad they aren't coming. If they aren't coming because they don't like the coaches then we could have a problem, but I see it as a short term problem. I don't think you have to have 4 or 5 stars to have a good recruiting class. So if we find the guys that want to play for Nebraska, and have heart and passion, I think, we will come out fine.

In my opinion the reason alot of the recruits that verbally said they would come here are leaving is because Callahan told them he would get them into the NFL, and Pelini and gang aren't doing that. So these young men see Millions of dollars, ferrari's and etc leaving with Pelini. If the only reason they were coming here was the NFL thing, then IMO, I'm glad they aren't coming. If they aren't coming because they don't like the coaches then we could have a problem, but I see it as a short term problem. I don't think you have to have 4 or 5 stars to have a good recruiting class. So if we find the guys that want to play for Nebraska, and have heart and passion, I think, we will come out fine.

On the flip side, do you think Coach Hawkins is telling our former recruits that he can get them into the NFL then? I don't buy that speculation.

I guess...but its not like CU is a pipeline to the NFL.....

The people who are "melting message boards with dire predictions of impending doom" are the vast, vast minority. This article makes it sound like the majority of Husker fans are bitching.

Good writing?

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's getting blown way out of proportion with how bad us Husker fans are about this whole situation. To be honest, I haven't seen any assaults on Bo hardly at all. Fans are mad, including myself, that we can't hold on to recruits. Are we supposed to be happy that our recruiting class is being chopped in half including ALL of the top recruits being gone now? I'm not going to flame much, but I think we have reason to worry about the staff if this many guys jump ship. Sure, it comes with a new coach being hired, but like I've said before..Callahan didn't have any problems at all like Bo is having. I don't know if it's because they have not been contacting them enough or what, but if thats the case, then I won't be happy at all.

I wouldn't be too worried about this years recruiting class because of all the changes husker football went through. I am sure after a year or so when Pelini has husker football on the map again recruits will want to come here to win a championship. I mean that is why so many texas recruits go to Oklahoma because every year they are in the hunt for the national title. Besides i rather have team chemistry than top notch recruits who can't play together. i mean for once in 4 years we will have a coach that knows how to play D. He will get our guys fired up and ready to play and start seeing the Blackshirts kick some ass.

Callahan was a sellout to begin with. hell do you think most of his recruits will be playing in the NFL? Because his system was so incosistent like Cos's D they won't be valued much.

On the flip side, do you think Coach Hawkins is telling our former recruits that he can get them into the NFL then? I don't buy that speculation.

I don't know what Hawkins is telling them to get them to come there, I'm not in the living room hearing the conversation. All I'm saying is that when Callahan and his coaches visited that was one of the things he used to get recruits and I don't think Pelini is using that. So if they have had a conversation with Callahan they heard NFL in his recruiting speech, and then we have a new coach and all the sudden the NFL talk isn't there or at least not much.

Good writing?

CU fans!!!! :sarcasm Make 'em take the Husker Pledge and watch them melt when they try to fool us!! :clap