Pelinis recruiting

From the looks of their recruiting....Colorado!

I don't know about the rest of CU's class, but the ones they got from us were a number of kids who have become real close friends and wanted to go somewhere together. It just happended to be CU who took advantage of NU's misfortune. Hawkings unlikely would have gotten those recruits if everything was fine in Lincoln and B.C. was still there. Now with that said, I hand it to Hawkins for closing the deal.

Hawkins was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct today. The way he was talking, he doesn't take message bases like this too seriously although some of the kids do. This might be a way of hinting that some of the negativity surrounding NU's program at least HELPED drive some recruits off.

But the interesting thing he talked about, was fans texting the recruits. He said some of those guys were getting texted constantly by fans and it looks like it drove some of them a bit loopy. I have to admit he does strike me as a strait talker so I do tend to take him at his word on this. So, if anybody's doing this, or emailing them or whatever, maybe it's time to give it a rest.

just my opinion.

Hawkins was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct today. The way he was talking, he doesn't take message bases like this too seriously although some of the kids do. This might be a way of hinting that some of the negativity surrounding NU's program at least HELPED drive some recruits off.

But the interesting thing he talked about, was fans texting the recruits. He said some of those guys were getting texted constantly by fans and it looks like it drove some of them a bit loopy. I have to admit he does strike me as a strait talker so I do tend to take him at his word on this. So, if anybody's doing this, or emailing them or whatever, maybe it's time to give it a rest.

just my opinion.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

I can't imagine texting or e-mailing one of these kids. First off I wouldn't know how to get their numbers or addresses and quite frankly don't want to. If I were in their shoes I would find anything coming into me to be an incredible invasion of my privacy. I realize we live in a world that has greatly revolutionized communication but I'm not sure that is a step forward. If you are someone who is texting or e-mailing these kids, STOP IT. DON'T BE SUCH A JERK. YOU ARE NOT MAKING THINGS BETTER. YOU HAVE NO INFLUENCE ON THESE YOUNG PEOPLE. GIVE THEM A BREAK.

>>>T_O_B

just my opinion.

my opinion? if i found out *anyone* on this board was just 'out-of-the-blue' texting potential recruits i would be at the head of the angry mob to run that silly SOB out of town.

fans that text potential recruits are violating the NCAA guidelines and putting the program at risk.

unless you're a relative or have a prior relationship with said prospect, *NO-ONE* should go out of their way to attempt to talk to a potential recruit.

just my opinion.

I can't imagine texting or e-mailing one of these kids. First off I wouldn't know how to get their numbers or addresses and quite frankly don't want to. If I were in their shoes I would find anything coming into me to be an incredible invasion of my privacy. I realize we live in a world that has greatly revolutionized communication but I'm not sure that is a step forward. If you are someone who is texting or e-mailing these kids, STOP IT. DON'T BE SUCH A JERK. YOU ARE NOT MAKING THINGS BETTER. YOU HAVE NO INFLUENCE ON THESE YOUNG PEOPLE. GIVE THEM A BREAK.

>>>T_O_B

There's ways of getting people's phone numbers...even if they're unlisted. Telemarketing companies proved that for decades. And many calling plans allow unlimited text messaging. And it's not like we haven't had the discussions about out of control fan behaviour before. Like I said, I have to believe the guy when he talks about this. :blink:

And unfortunately, if what he said has any trtuth to it at all we DO have influence on these kids.... we can get on their nerves and make them decide to NOT come here. Be careful of what you say...or POST.... you never know who is reading it!

just my opinion.

my opinion? if i found out *anyone* on this board was just 'out-of-the-blue' texting potential recruits i would be at the head of the angry mob to run that silly SOB out of town.

fans that text potential recruits are violating the NCAA guidelines and putting the program at risk.

unless you're a relative or have a prior relationship with said prospect, *NO-ONE* should go out of their way to attempt to talk to a potential recruit.

I agree. I I come across somebody doing it, we're going to have an incident I think! :madash

just my opinion.

Not that I have checked, but I have to believe that NU isn't the only school that has message boards for fans. As proved by an LSU fan that came on here to flame, there's idiots in every teams fan base across the nation, and I have a hard time believe that Colorado comes off squeaky clean when it comes to negativity from 100% of it's fan base.