S/QB Zach Domicone

Guru, you always recruit a player, because nothing is a given. But when the recruit is a C or D-list recruit for us, the chances of him actually making the visit are slim. Remember, he didn't push back the visit, we did. Reason for that.

Hmmm C or D list in who's eyes yours? It has just been reported that Zach has backed out of visiting OU and is traveling to Ohio State this weekend instead. Seems ole sweater vest took notice of him and wants him to visit. Interesting.....so he gets offers from Cinci, Nebraska, OU, and OSU and he is a C or D lister? Sorry but I don't buy it! According to Zach, Ohio State is the one offer he has been waiting for and still can't believe it! I would say the percentages of us grabbing this kid are slim to none at this point. I sure hope Bo and company can change that!

Guru, you always recruit a player, because nothing is a given. But when the recruit is a C or D-list recruit for us, the chances of him actually making the visit are slim. Remember, he didn't push back the visit, we did. Reason for that.

So Pelini had nothing to do but make a call to a C or D list recruit the hours before the LSU National Championship game? Maybe in you're mind he's a C & D, but doesnt look like Pelini agrees with you.

Guys, you don't push back visits of guys who you want in here. It doesn't happen. If we wanted him so badly, we (not Zach) would not have pushed back his visit. Explain to me who does that. Sorry, but you would not be able to name one school who does that for a prospect they really want.

If you have not noticed, we are running short on quality prospects at LB and safety, both positions Zach projects at. We were in well with Zach, but suddenly push back his visit. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

The reality of the situation is that Zach is a nice prospect, he has the the size and speed you want in a FBS player, but he is a project. Unfortunately for us, we do not have the advantage of being able to take on a player, work with him, then see what we have in a few years. Because of the way Callahan recruited at both LB and safety (he would've played LB here), we do not have the luxury of waiting for a player to develop. We need players who have the ability to step in from day 1 with the possibility to contribute. Other schools have that luxury because they are so damm bloody deep in talent at those positions, but we are not.

You said it yourself...they're not signing military enlistment contracts. They're choosing where to go for college.

Congrats to Zach...from where he comes from, all the offers he is getting...if he doesn't come to Nebraska, still have to echo huskers13, what a day for this guy.

story up on scout.com that says that he was all set to go to Nebraska, but he got the offer from OSU, and he is visiting there this weekend. it goes on to say that there is a good chance that he might commit to OSU before leaving.

so unless something unforeseen happens on his visit, he will IMHO be a Buckeye.

him going to OSU is no different than any Nebraska kid that has grown up wanting to be a Husker, then getting a late scholarship offer from us.

Good Luck to you Zach, wish you would be "N" but oh well

You guys shouldnt get to worked up about this. I go to high school with Dom. He really isnt a good player. As an OSU fan, Im pissed we offered him. It just takes away another scholarship. He played QB for us for 3 years. He will run the ball 30 times, 28 for 50 yards and 2 for 70 and look like he has a good game. When he passes the ball, people in the stands laugh. He could miss a still target for 10 feet away. On defense, he played CB for us. Although he likes to hit, he is over-aggressive. He will blow many assignments because he is faked on PA. When he covers, there are not many good WRs in the GWOC, but any with decent ability burned him. He is not nearly anywhere near a good player, you lucked out. All he has are the bench and speed.

Also, he has some character issues. He constantly parties, drinks, and smokes pot. And the football team didnt even support him (outside of the coach). I even just talked to him today, and he said he was really liking the prospects of Oklahoma. I hope for my Buckeyes he still does, even though I'm sure he has already signed in his mind to OSU.

Just my take on it.

You guys shouldnt get to worked up about this. I go to high school with Dom. He really isnt a good player. As an OSU fan, Im pissed we offered him. It just takes away another scholarship. He played QB for us for 3 years. He will run the ball 30 times, 28 for 50 yards and 2 for 70 and look like he has a good game. When he passes the ball, people in the stands laugh. He could miss a still target for 10 feet away. On defense, he played CB for us. Although he likes to hit, he is over-aggressive. He will blow many assignments because he is faked on PA. When he covers, there are not many good WRs in the GWOC, but any with decent ability burned him. He is not nearly anywhere near a good player, you lucked out. All he has are the bench and speed.

Also, he has some character issues. He constantly parties, drinks, and smokes pot. And the football team didnt even support him (outside of the coach). I even just talked to him today, and he said he was really liking the prospects of Oklahoma. I hope for my Buckeyes he still does, even though I'm sure he has already signed in his mind to OSU.

Just my take on it.

Well thank you Mr One Post for that meaningless piece of information. I like trolls.......