Ganz for Heisman

Last year at this time, people were saying Keller for Heisman. The year before that, they were saying Taylor for Heisman. Next year, I think our offense will not even look the same as this past year even though Watson is still the OC. I'm guessing a lot more emphasis will be put on the running game. I'm thinking the goal will be to have an offense similar to Texas and OU. Bradford set a freshman record this year and led the nation in passing efficiency, but he wasn't even mentioned in the Heisman talk. I'm guessing this is what NU QB's have to look forward to in year's to come. All the fun'n gun teams typically have no defense (Hawaii, Texas Tech, etc.). Without a strong running game in years to come, we will be no better than we were in 2006. I expect Ganz to play extremely well, but I don't think he'll have the attempts or numbers to win the Heisman.

heisman? Hmm.. I think it would be an achievement if Ganz was 1st or 2nd team all Big 12.

Bradford - OU

Daniel - Mizzou

McCoy - Texas

Harrell - Tex Tech

Reesing - KU

Robinson - OSU

McGee - TA&M

Hawkins - CU

Freeman - KSU

agree, all of these qbs are pretty far ahead of him at this point, just not realistic to pose him as a candidate.

look at Reesing and his accomplishments and he wasn't even considered (for Heisman). Ganz would have to just light it up, even to make Big 12 1st or 2nd team honors.

heisman? Hmm.. I think it would be an achievement if Ganz was 1st or 2nd team all Big 12.

Bradford - OU

Daniel - Mizzou

McCoy - Texas

Harrell - Tex Tech

Reesing - KU

Robinson - OSU

McGee - TA&M

Hawkins - CU

Freeman - KSU

Ganz for Heisman? Probably not, but honestly, how many of these QB's on this list (except for McCoy and maybe Daniels) did you consider for all Big XII THIS year? All it takes is a couple big games to put these people on the radar. Reesing was also considered a Heisman finalist before the Mizzou game and Bradford might have been before the TexTech game.

Bradford - OU

Daniel - Mizzou

McCoy - Texas

Harrell - Tex Tech

Reesing - KU

Robinson - OSU

McGee - TA&M

Hawkins - CU

Freeman - KSU

In fact, I will be impressed, and surprised if the NU QB (whoever that might be) is better than #5 or #6 in the conference. If any QB at NU can better Bradford, Daniel, McCoy, Harrell or Reesing I'd be shocked. And Freeman may really emerge (and has a head start on any NU QB).

Bradford - OU

Daniel - Mizzou

McCoy - Texas

Harrell - Tex Tech

Reesing - KU

Robinson - OSU

McGee - TA&M

Hawkins - CU

Freeman - KSU

Joey Ganz only started against KU, KSU, and CU. Here's his yardage totals against those 3 teams, along with those from the other QBs you mentioned as well as the average passing yards yielded by each team (play along here, I'm bored):

Ganz: 405, 510, 484

Bradford: x, x, 112

Daniel: 361, 284, 421

McCoy: x, 200, x

Harrell: x, x, 431

Reesing: x, 267, 153

Robinson: 276, 181, x

McGee: 244, x, x

Hawkins: 287, 223, x

Freeman: 305, x, 214

KU: 227

KSU: 259

CU: 262

Joey also threw for 15TDs (HOLY SH*T!!!) in those 3 games and had 66 yards and 3 TDs rushing. Granted, this is very unscientific (small sample size; I could've used a better stat such as QB rating) and doesn't take into account several relevent factors (running game (or lack thereof), NU's D being so bad that the other team scored real quick and gave NU a ton of possessions, etc.) nor does it promise to be a predictor of future success (Gansz will lose his favorite weapon in Mo and possibly also NU's leader in receptions in Lucky and who knows what tweaks Watson is planning), but note that Joey out-threw all of these guys, including Air Raid man Harrell. It's a HUGE stretch to even suggest Joey for Heisman (when did we pass out the Kool Aid?), but don't count him out amongst the Big XII guys. He's been in the system for 4 years now, so the argument that these guys have a head start on him is overrated. I mean, he's older than Bradford, McCoy, Reesing, and Freeman, although all of them have game experience on him.

Sorry about all of the parenthetitical comments...

Joe Ganz developed a cult like following because he was the only bright side to a miserable season.

I like Ganz, his attitude, demeanor, and loyalty to the program speaks highly of his character but after only three games it's a bit early to crown him All-Conference, All-American, or Heisman material, actually it's rather laughable.

Bradford - OU

Daniel - Mizzou

McCoy - Texas

Harrell - Tex Tech

Reesing - KU

Robinson - OSU

McGee - TA&M

Hawkins - CU

Freeman - KSU

Joey Ganz only started against KU, KSU, and CU. Here's his yardage totals against those 3 teams, along with those from the other QBs you mentioned as well as the average passing yards yielded by each team (play along here, I'm bored):

Ganz: 405, 510, 484

Bradford: x, x, 112

Daniel: 361, 284, 421

McCoy: x, 200, x

Harrell: x, x, 431

Reesing: x, 267, 153

Robinson: 276, 181, x

McGee: 244, x, x

Hawkins: 287, 223, x

Freeman: 305, x, 214

KU: 227

KSU: 259

CU: 262

Joey also threw for 15TDs (HOLY SH*T!!!) in those 3 games and had 66 yards and 3 TDs rushing. Granted, this is very unscientific (small sample size; I could've used a better stat such as QB rating) and doesn't take into account several relevent factors (running game (or lack thereof), NU's D being so bad that the other team scored real quick and gave NU a ton of possessions, etc.) nor does it promise to be a predictor of future success (Gansz will lose his favorite weapon in Mo and possibly also NU's leader in receptions in Lucky and who knows what tweaks Watson is planning), but note that Joey out-threw all of these guys, including Air Raid man Harrell. It's a HUGE stretch to even suggest Joey for Heisman (when did we pass out the Kool Aid?), but don't count him out amongst the Big XII guys. He's been in the system for 4 years now, so the argument that these guys have a head start on him is overrated. I mean, he's older than Bradford, McCoy, Reesing, and Freeman, although all of them have game experience on him.

Sorry about all of the parenthetitical comments...

The ganzinator has to shake the interceptions. td/int ratio kinda sucks.

But he's still good.

GO BO!!

For those of you that don't think Ganz is going to start next season can you please pass what you are smoking around because it must be good stuff!!!! The guy has all the tools to be the starter next season and he proved that after Keller went down. He made mistakes, but anyone would have made those mistakes considering it was the first time he had started for us. KU was a horrible game, but KSU he was outstanding and CU, if I remember correctly, one of his INT's was tipped! He can scramble and just won't stand there and wait for someone to get open.

For those of you that don't think Ganz is going to start next season can you please pass what you are smoking around because it must be good stuff!!!! The guy has all the tools to be the starter next season and he proved that after Keller went down. He made mistakes, but anyone would have made those mistakes considering it was the first time he had started for us. KU was a horrible game, but KSU he was outstanding and CU, if I remember correctly, one of his INT's was tipped! He can scramble and just won't stand there and wait for someone to get open.

Never said he shouldn't start but Pelini should have a open competition and see if there's a future Eric Crouch or Tommie Frazier. Just remember everyone after the Georgia Tech game back in the 90's wanted Tom Hasse to start in 1991 but Osborne was smart enough not to cave into pressure.

Theres no way in hell he will win the Heisman unless he just does awesome next year and we have a really good year. I don't think we'll get into the desperation passing mode that Cally always went into when we got behind and that inflated Ganz's numbers in the KU and CU game. He just had a great game against KSU. But we'll have to see how he does against a good defense first. His first real test will be versus Virginia Tech.

Theres no way in hell he will win the Heisman unless he just does awesome next year and we have a really good year. I don't think we'll get into the desperation passing mode that Cally always went into when we got behind and that inflated Ganz's numbers in the KU and CU game. He just had a great game against KSU. But we'll have to see how he does against a good defense first. His first real test will be versus Virginia Tech.

Well you're right, they don't just give the Heisman to someone who has a bad year.

Never said he shouldn't start but Pelini should have a open competition and see if there's a future Eric Crouch or Tommie Frazier. Just remember everyone after the Georgia Tech game back in the 90's wanted Tom Hasse to start in 1991 but Osborne was smart enough not to cave into pressure.

Oh, I agree that they should have open competition for the starting job, but right now it is his to lose considering he has the experience. Depending on what Watson does with the offense as well will decide who starts.