More info here...

http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/01/05...18230568275.txt

A spokesperson said Nebraska coach Bo Pelini would likely name his running backs assistant early next week.

It appears that Tim Beck, the wide receiver/pass game coordinator for Kansas, has been hired.

Pelini has already announced eight of his nine full-time assistants. He said he was waiting to name the final assistant because that coach’s team was involved in a bowl game.

KU defeated Virginia Tech 24-21 in the Orange Bowl on Thursday night.

Beck, regarded as a huge recruiter in Texas, joined the Kansas staff in 2005. Before that, Beck spent some years coaching Texas high school football.

Like Pelini, Beck has his roots in Youngstown, Ohio, growing up around the corner from the Pelinis. And like Pelini, he is a graduate of Cardinal Mooney High School.

As a young quarterback at Cardinal Mooney, Pelini served as Beck’s backup.

With Watson as Offensive Coordinator, and Beck having previously been Kansas' Passing Coordinator. I'm sure Pelini is looking to have Beck share some ideas with Watson. The question is, how well will they get along with each other? I hope there is no animosity towards Beck, because he is a childhood friend of Pelini and that is a main reason why he is here.

SO is our offense going to look some thing like Kansas O.. If so i am getting happy already..

I would have never thought in my 32 years on this planet I'd ever hear someone saying they were happy to hear our offense would look like Kansas'. haha

Kansas has to give credit to the man (Cosgrove) that made that offense look so good. Watching them against V Tech and Missery they had problems moving the ball.

SO is our offense going to look some thing like Kansas O.. If so i am getting happy already..

I would have never thought in my 32 years on this planet I'd ever hear someone saying they were happy to hear our offense would look like Kansas'. haha

I was thinking the very same thing. Wow, has the college football landscape sure changed!

With Watson as Offensive Coordinator, and Beck having previously been Kansas' Passing Coordinator. I'm sure Pelini is looking to have Beck share some ideas with Watson. The question is how well will they get along with each other? I hope there is no animosity towards Beck, because he is a childhood friend of Pelini and that is a main reason why he is here.

Its a main reason because he knows him well and he knows he is capable of being a good coach here. Remember the last time our head coach hired his childhood buddy?