Position Changes?

rkhufu7

Could big, physical guys like Curyenski G. or Niles Paul shift to CB/FS to allow front 7 to play more aggressive vs the run? Unlike the SEC, we have mucho spread teams in this league and LSU had trouble with both Florida and Arkansas' spreads. Poor corners cost the Gators, both of which were freshmen.

I am not basing this on anything at all, other than my personal opinion..... I don't see a guy like Niles Paul moving to D....... he will be way to valuable on O.....he should have been used more this season.... We need WR to step up this year, and especially next year when Swift is gone.....Paul is the man of the future at NU WR........ no switching him.......... Now, for anyone else, your guess is as good as mine...... I don't enough enough about the rest of the young WR core.....

Curyenski played at Leander, a 5A school outside of Austin. It is one of the state's 5 toughest districts and better teams. He will be playing somewhere if used right! Niles Paul is a great talent, but 14-5A has loads of kids like Paul at P-ville and Stoney Point. Either one or both would be great at CB because of speed, size and hands!

Paul played corner at North and he was an alright corner. I think he should remain on O. I think Prince Amukamara is capable of corner, but I think he needs the ball in his hands. Get him in as a slot receiver/running back. He is dynamite with the ball(at least from his film).

I hope Niles Paul plays reciever. I agree that he's too good at that position to move.

agree, callahan moved so damn many players i was beginning to think he worked for MayFlower!

I can't stand the moving of players from one side of the ball to the other. How often has there been success at that? Look at the players we did that with over the past 4-5 years and tell me how many of them played? Don't move Paul or C Gilleyan, we need some friggin' wide receivers cause only a handful have any real playing time. If ANYONE should move, I'd think you move Prince to CB and special teams (returns or blocks).

Could big, physical guys like Curyenski G. or Niles Paul shift to CB/FS to allow front 7 to play more aggressive vs the run? Unlike the SEC, we have mucho spread teams in this league and LSU had trouble with both Florida and Arkansas' spreads. Poor corners cost the Gators, both of which were freshmen.

:bang

I hope Niles Paul plays reciever. I agree that he's too good at that position to move.

agree, callahan moved so damn many players i was beginning to think he worked for MayFlower!

I can't stand the moving of players from one side of the ball to the other. How often has there been success at that? Look at the players we did that with over the past 4-5 years and tell me how many of them played? Don't move Paul or C Gilleyan, we need some friggin' wide receivers cause only a handful have any real playing time. If ANYONE should move, I'd think you move Prince to CB and special teams (returns or blocks).

Oklahoma comes to mind

The more I look back the more I am convinced that BC didn't have a friggin' clue when it came to the defense. He could put an offense on the field, but then that was it. Once he put them on the field - that was it, there was no "learning" to be had by the players. It was like "learn the playbook, that is all you need to know". And when it didn't work, it was always the players that didn't perform up to expectations.

If BC would have stayed on another year, I am convinced we couldn't have beaten even a JUCO team and wouldn't have been able to recruit for years to come.