Barry Turner

Will he drop that 20 pounds that Cally and Co. had him put on? I hope Pelini makes him. He was so much more effective when he was 255. With him, Allen, and Potter I think out end position is looking pretty good. Thoughts?

Sals

Holy sh#t, Dirty Dale and I were just talking about this a minute ago. Pelini is just what the doctor ordered for him

Unless you can put the weight on as muscle, I thing it is foolish to just throw on some weight. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things...Callahan having him do that was stupid unless he could have done it to add muscle and it wouldn't slow you down.

I know how I feel when I put on 10 extra lbs....and it isn't fun.

good i'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks he needs to drop it. Now what if Potter put on 5 pounds or so and played inside a little more. I'm not saying make him a DT, but leave him as an end but drop him down every now and then, passing downs or something? I think he would be to quick for the guards.

:bang:):bang:):bang

Aerobics to loose the fat and weight training to put on the muscle. Plyometrics to improve agility and sprints on a big, fast, inclined treadmill to improve speed.

Strength and conditioning is the key. Add motivation, intensity, desire and passion and you can't be beat.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:cheers:cheers:steam:bonez

Turner was too big last year. He lost a step or 2 when he put on all that bulk. In 05 and in 06 he was flying around the field. Hopefully they help him shed some bulk and get back to what made him a dynamic player.

agree, adding weight just to add bulk and "match up" makes no sense if you give up speed and quickness.

callahan had some screwed up ideas when it came to size and moving guys from one side of the ball to the other. he may be good at scheming (heavy on the may be) but utilizing and playing guys at the correct position(s) was way over his head.

Turner was too big last year. He lost a step or 2 when he put on all that bulk. In 05 and in 06 he was flying around the field. Hopefully they help him shed some bulk and get back to what made him a dynamic player.

agree, adding weight just to add bulk and "match up" makes no sense if you give up speed and quickness.

callahan had some screwed up ideas when it came to size and moving guys from one side of the ball to the other. he may be good at scheming (heavy on the may be) but utilizing and playing guys at the correct position(s) was way over his head.

It kind of reminds me of how Ahman Green put on about 10-15 pounds of "pure muscle" between his FR and SO years. Sure he was injured in 96 but even when healthy, Ahman wasn't the same as he was during his FR year. He shed most of the weight and had a spectacular 97 season.

The majority of our most effective DEs played between 240 and 260 pounds. At Barry's height he shouldn't be over 250.