WR Chris Brooks

Heard it on the radio, saw it on Rivals.

This is gonna be a big day!

Mr. Suh, your time has come!

Go Big Red!

10 players listed in the top 15 at their position.

:lol:

I sure hope this is right !!!!

Brooks is exactly what we need.... Mark my words, if he IS a Husker, he will make an immediate impact :cheers

Heard it on the radio, saw it on Rivals.

This is gonna be a big day!

Mr. Suh, your time has come!

Go Big Red!

10 players listed in the top 15 at their position.

:lol:

I sure hope this is right !!!!

Brooks is exactly what we need.... Mark my words, if he IS a Husker, he will make an immediate impact :cheers

:)

Wasn't doubting you Touchdown Tommie......Great news.....thank you for the info!!!!

This was just great news, so I was hesitant to react !!!!

With our WR problems-depth...this is HUGE

Brooks knew he was a Husker when he woke up.

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/344348.html

"It was really the relationship I have established with coach Cosgrove and Callahan," Brooks said of the defensive coordinator and head coach. "I just felt very comfortable with them and that along with my visit was what really convinced me that, that was the place to go."

We've got our go-to reciever. Great day in Husker Nation.

MU loses its top recruit in football to Nebraska

By Nate Latsch

Special to the Post-Dispatch

01/20/2005

FILE PHOTO: Hazelwood East wide receiver Chris Brooks

(Dilip Vishwanat)

Advertisement

The University of Missouri lost perhaps its top football recruit when Hazelwood East senior wide receiver Chris Brooks said on Thursday he plans to attend Nebraska next year instead of keeping his oral commitment to the Tigers.

Brooks said in April he would attend Missouri but had second thoughts, saying, "I just wasn't comfortable" during his official visit to Columbia on Dec. 10.

Brooks said after the visit he received phone calls from some current and former Tigers players who advised him against going to Mizzou.

On Thursday, Brooks said his lack of a relationship with Missouri coach Gary Pinkel was an important reason in his decision.

"In the end, (Missouri assistant coach Cornell) Ford did an excellent job of recruiting me, but all in all I felt I didn't have a relationship with Coach Pinkel," Brooks said. "I weighed out so many pros and cons and had a lot of sleepless nights, but I felt like I didn't know him.

"Out of my whole recruiting process I think I talked to Coach Pinkel twice on the phone and once or twice in person. I wasn't comfortable going into the university not knowing the head guy."

Under NCAA guidelines, Pinkel cannot comment on any aspect of the recruitment of Brooks. Coaches must wait until after a recruit signs a letter on intent before commenting.

Commitments are not binding until a recruit signs a letter of intent. The first day the letters can be signed for football is Feb. 2.

Brooks, who is 6 feet 4 and 190 pounds, is the No. 1 prospect in the Post-Dispatch Super 30 list and is rated as the second-best prospect in Missouri by Rivals.com.

Rivals lists Brooks as the 15th-best wide receiver prospect nationally. ESPN.com recruiting analyst Tom Lemming rates him as the 18th-best prospect at his position.

A three-year starter at Hazelwood East, Brooks caught 66 passes for 1,172 yards, an average of 17.8, and scored 14 touchdowns during his senior year. He broke school's single-season records for receptions and receiving yards.

"He's outstanding, one of the better wide receivers in the country," Lemming said. "Brooks is the kind of go-to receiver they've been looking for (at Nebraska), but haven't been able to get in this class. He's tall and has good hands. It's an excellent catch. I'm surprised he left Missouri, though."

Brooks' decision is a tough blow to the Tigers, who are coming off a 5-6 season and lost two key players when junior running back Damien Nash and junior defensive tackle C.J. Mosley declared for the NFL draft.

Brooks took official visits to Missouri and Nebraska, but also considered Illinois and Florida.

Brooks made his official visit to Nebraska on Dec. 17, a week after his trip to Missouri, and was wowed by the fan support for the program. "They just live and die by it," Brooks said.

The loss of Brooks leaves Missouri with just one high school recruit from the St. Louis area, Brentwood defensive back Hardy Ricks, and no wide receivers.

"I was caught in between a situation where I didn't know if (Nebraska coach Bill) Callahan would be there in two or three years or if Coach Pinkel would be there in two or three years," Brooks said. "I wanted a situation where I was more comfortable."

this is friggin classic. shud be sent to ALL mizzu recruits.

Brooks said after the visit he received phone calls from some current and former Tigers players who advised him against going to Mizzou.

man it doesnt get much worsethan that. along with Brooks listin Finkel as the main reason he didnt go to MU, I think its safe to say the fink is on his last leg. :flush