Where will the huskers be at the end of '08

markus

huskers bowl game  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Holiday or Alamo

Some of you guys comments make me scratch my head. Most felt this year was a BCS team, we were going to beat SC. But we failed because the coaching was terrible. Now those coachs are gone, we have what some think to be the best there is and we are predicting a 7-5 season. Something does not add up. If we had the talent last year to be a BCS team in your minds how did we drop so far this year.

The answer is that it was part coaching and part talent. We did not have the talent to go where we thought we would. Talent makes coaches look really good or really bad.

I think we have the offensive talent to be very good. I don't know about the defensive side of the ball though. I think Bo will stress that side more and expect to see some name players on offense being switched over. He is a quick strike type of coach. He wants speed on the defense. If he can not recruit it, he will get it one way or another. Just as BC did to the defense.

I think we will be better this year. But the statements above inicated that as much as we hated the last year, in actuality we kind of expected it. I have said for the last four years the talent is not there to play with the elite teams. BC was getting there, but to much importance was placed on the offense. I hope Bo sees the problem and does not react the same.

Don't get me wrong, I think the change was needed. I do feel if BC had gotten rid of Coz, and put more emphasis on the D he would still be here. His offense does work that is obvious. I do agree that the chemistry was destroyed this year. No matter what happened, they had to go at the end of the year. I still like BC and saw his vision. I hope that Bo looks at the situation and sees how a one sided team will not work. You can't put all your eggs in one baske so to speak. It has to be a happy medium. I have not nor am I Bo's biggest fan, I think he is smart enough to see that. I look for the talent to be spread around, maybe not this year due to the late recruiting situation, but next year we will see the recruting idea change.

...prediction 7-5 or 8-4....bowl game appearance and win to build momentum for 2009....one year of the new coaching staff jelling with the players and people understanding Bo's system....

...we know that Bo does not put up with lack of effort by any player...that alone, along with taking back the pride of 'winning' in Lincoln on most occasions will put us in a bowl game...which one? who knows....

They'll be at home watching Iowa State play for the national championship on TV.... <_<

Sorry Buddy, but they will not let two teams from the same conference play for the National Championship....and since Nebraska will be playing in this game...Iowa State will just have to find someplace else to play post season... :clap

well i guess i'm one of those "non-realistic" fans cause i see nine win and dependening on nexts years parity either the orange bowl or fiesta bowl. and this is how 3 wins from scrubs like we should the and upset of va tech their offense is equally as bad as our defense last year we solved that question va tech can't cause beamer never really had offensive teams, 1, then a loss to either tex tech or missouri but not to both both of these teams have ceilings on how good they really can be ,so that puts us at 5-1 with 2 quaility wins then and wins against k-state, iowa st, colorado,and baylor we have nine wins not to mention kansas, and oklahoma are swing games cause eventhough their solid top ten teams they can be beat kansas proved that in the only game that matter for them and take your pick with oklahoma. them mix in the fact that illinois went to the rose bowl and the fact that teams are sometime picked based on how you travel and were either having a fiesta or getting so oranges

We are very lucky to not get last year's schedule for this next year, because I don't think we'd do every good at all. However, this schedule is pretty ideal for a team that's going through yet another transition. I think realistically, there's only one game on here that we realistically have no chance of winning whatsoever, as for the other games, they don't have anything that shows me we can't hang with them. Here are my predicitions:

Sat, Aug 30 Western Michigan Win

Sat, Sep 06 San Jose State Win 3 easy home games

Sat, Sep 13 New Mexico State Win

Sat, Sep 27 Virginia Tech L

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L (very close game)

Sat, Oct 11 Texas Tech W

Sat, Oct 18 Iowa State W

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 Oklahoma L (brutal beating)

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 15 Kansas State W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

So yes, I'm saying a 9-3 season, 2nd place in the north and a Holiday bowl bid. That's not a shabby season at all, and then Bo and his staff get a kickass recruiting class for the 09 season, and we take the Big 12 shortly after!

Go Big Red!!!

Sat, Sep 06 San Jose State Win

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L

Sat, Oct 11 @ Texas Tech L

Sat, Oct 18 @ Iowa State W

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 @ Oklahoma L

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 15 @ Kansas State W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

8-4....alamo bowl vs the minnesota gophers.

yes, the minnesota golden gophers

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 @ Oklahoma L

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

The Golden Gophers??? You mean the perennial doormat of the weakest conference in the country that managed to go 1-11??? Okay? :dunno

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 @ Oklahoma L

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

The Golden Gophers??? You mean the perennial doormat of the weakest conference in the country that managed to go 1-11??? Okay? :dunno

yes, the golden gophers. Marquiese Gray and Adam Weber are going to dominate the big 10.....it's all depending on if that terrible defense from 2007 can improve

(sounds framiliar doesn't it?)

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 @ Oklahoma L

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

yes, the golden gophers. Marquiese Gray and Adam Weber are going to dominate the big 10.....it's all depending on if that terrible defense from 2007 can improve

Yeah, a true freshman and a 3rd year backup QB are going to put Minnesota back on the map after going 1 and a 11. Give me some of whatever you're :smokin and :waste

They'll be at home watching Iowa State play for the national championship on TV.... <_<

Sorry Buddy, but they will not let two teams from the same conference play for the National Championship....and since Nebraska will be playing in this game...Iowa State will just have to find someplace else to play post season... :clap

like at home

like at home

Ha ha...all you funny people! Well, you know what? I'm so sure that ISU is going to take NU next year that I will issue the following challenge. Meet up with me at the post-game tailgate and if ISU loses, I'll burn my prized Cyclone sweatshirt on the grill! But...if ISU wins, it's somebody's NU shirt that fries! Now, which one of you girls are gonna put your sweatshirt where your mouth is? :box

like at home

Ha ha...all you funny people! Well, you know what? I'm so sure that ISU is going to take NU next year that I will issue the following challenge. Meet up with me at the post-game tailgate and if ISU loses, I'll burn my prized Cyclone sweatshirt on the grill! But...if ISU wins, it's somebody's NU shirt that fries! Now, which one of you girls are gonna put your sweatshirt where your mouth is? :box

I'll be in Ames and I'll gladly take that bet sir!

like at home

dont be making fun of our predictions......

Sat, Oct 04 Missouri L

Sat, Oct 25 Baylor W

Sat, Nov 01 @ Oklahoma L

Sat, Nov 08 Kansas W

Sat, Nov 29 Colorado W

Yeah, a true freshman and a 3rd year backup QB are going to put Minnesota back on the map after going 1 and a 11. Give me some of whatever you're :smokin and :waste

adam weber started last year as redshirt freshman for the gophers and broke many single season Qb records for the U of M. Adam was also recruited by the huskers as a safety, my brother and and weber are close friends. we all went to high school together. A-Web is a solid QB