Bo Can't Recruit...

To all the people who said this during the hiring process, I even thought it a little bit, but not as extreme as others, I think we are all being proved wrong!

Even though we lost some guys, which was inevitable we kept quite a few and gained a couple. We have probably 5-6 guys on the verge of committing even if we only land half of those guys we will still end up with about a top 25 class.

Furthermore can you imagine how hard it is to get some of these guys to commit when their visiting here with it being 10-30 degrees, snow all over, and no gameday experiences.

I know it's not all Bo or even that Bo has that big of an effect, but this staff they have assembled is very high energy and young which I think will show in the '08-'09 class when they have guys coming in on "Football Saturday in Lincoln!"

To all the people who said this during the hiring process, I even thought it a little bit, but not as extreme as others, I think we are all being proved wrong!

Even though we lost some guys, which was inevitable we kept quite a few and gained a couple. We have probably 5-6 guys on the verge of committing even if we only land half of those guys we will still end up with about a top 25 class.

Furthermore can you imagine how hard it is to get some of these guys to commit when their visiting here with it being 10-30 degrees, snow all over, and no gameday experiences.

I know it's not all Bo or even that Bo has that big of an effect, but this staff they have assembled is very high energy and young which I think will show in the '08-'09 class when they have guys coming in on "Football Saturday in Lincoln!"

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was one of the ones in mid december telling all of my Husker buddies to be patient, that this class would turn out fine. With Bo, Gilmore and Beck and the attitude of the program right now I honestly don't see recruiting being a problem. We are allready at 22 per scout, I'm willing to bet we finish in the top 15 there and top 20 on rivals. But rankings don't mean as much to me as positions and quality of players, many of our 3 star recruits are awfully close to being 4 star recruits and if we can lock up a few of the recruits that I think we will we will have a extremely solid class in terms of position needs.

I'll admit I was one of the guys who was questioning Bo's recruiting a bit, especially when it seemed like the whole class was decommitting. But he's proven that he is not only adequate but good at it as well. I can't wait to see how he does when he has a turnaround season to point to!

What do you think our chances our of getting some of our commits back? Guys like Jonas Gray, Trevor Robinson, Dan Hoch, Simi Kuli etc.?

Gray, Robinson, and Kuli are long gone... Hoch is gone as well, but he's the only guy you listed I could see maybe wanting to come back, but at that its such a slim chance that wont happen and we don't really need him because we've moved on

I'm really excited because I've noticed that most, if not all of the current recruits have said how much they love the current coaching staff's enthusiasm. It seems to be really infectious and I'm sure it's going to carry over to the field. Can't wait! GBR

Who really cares about BC recruits who decommitted. They committed to BC and stafff and never really committed to the State of Nebraska as a whole. The kids that have hung in there during the coaching change and stayed with NU committed to the state. Guys like Whitmore,Levorson(who I think will be great) will be my favorites in this class. According to what I read, Look for a few more kids out of TX to sign up. Whaley, is a shoe in, and others are at 70% right now. Dont worry guys, things will pan out. This is a Blue collar staff that will work their butt off. It fits the state really well.

And those kids who will commit to Nebraska in the future - a large number of them will commit to Pelini and staff.

Not to the State of Nebraska.

i would enthusiastic too, making 300,000 a year, and no pressure from the past season.... if they have a bad year next, then see how enthused they are,, the coaches.

And those kids who will commit to Nebraska in the future - a large number of them will commit to Pelini and staff.

Not to the State of Nebraska.

i would enthusiastic too, making 300,000 a year, and no pressure from the past season.... if they have a bad year next, then see how enthused they are,, the coaches.

So what exactly is your expectations for the Coaching staff this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week the Nebraska Cornhuskers have really beefed up their recruiting coffers by adding four verbal commitments.

The first player to make the call was four-star linebacker Will Compton, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker from North County High in Mo.

Compton originally made a commitment to sign with the Huskers, but after the coaching shake-up he took another hard look at Illinois and Missouri. In then end he remained all Nebraska.

"I am going to Nebraska," Compton said. "I just got done talking with Nebraska to say that I am staying committed.

"I called Bo Pelini and Mike Ekeler and they thought I might be going somewhere else. Ekeler was stuttering and didn't know what to say to me.

New head coach Bo Pelini and his staff kept it hot through the weekend as well, and racked up three more players who made their verbal commitments after seeing the campus first-hand on an official visit.

Courtney and Steven Osborne a pair of brothers from South Garland High will add some much needed depth and size to the wide receiver and safety positions.

Courtney Osborne, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound safety said that there were a few things that stood out to him the most about the trip to Nebraska this weekend.

"I liked the academics, facilities and the coaches the most," Courtney explained.

Courtney also said that he was a bit surprised about the success of the academic program at Nebraska.

"The academics that Nebraska has surprised me a little bit."

Courtney is being looked at to play on the defensive side of the ball while his brother Steven, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound receiver will be on the offensive side.

"Nebraska is looking at me to play the strong safety position. My brother is a wide receiver."

The Cornhuskers did not stop there as the next player to make the call was three-star prospect Antonio Bell, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound receiver from Mainland High in Daytona Beach, Fla.

It's something for a Florida kid to commit to a school in the Midwest , especially since this is his first official visit of the recruiting season. Bell said that from everything he experienced, be it his talks with the coaches or his former prep-teammate offensive lineman Cruz Barrett, any hesitation Bell might have had from simply not knowing the place or the people, was gone almost the instant off the plane.

"The coaches were great. The facilities were like nothing I have ever seen and Cruz, he just said it was great there, that I'd love the coaches and that things were going to be a lot better around here than before," Bell said.

"It's kind of what I wanted to see and feel, but you don't know that is going to work out. It did, though. I'm glad to say I'm a Husker."

Keep an Eye On: WR Khiry Cooper

It looks like Cooper, 6-foot-2, 175-pound receiver from Calvary Baptist in La., has already narrowed his list down to two schools and Nebraska is one of them despite the fact he has never set foot on campus for an official visit. It will be a battle of new coaching staffs

BRR link