Huskerboard Tailgates????

Apathy

I just registered to this webpage on Oct 16, 2007 so I'm a little new to this page on what everybody does during the on/off seasons and on how everybody gets ready for the season to start. So with that I started thinking and there are times that 1620 Unsportsmanlike Conduct will use some of these post on their show so I thought that we should maybe recognize this webpage during home games and maybe away games. So here's my main question:

Does Huskerboard members have a vary important spot to tailgate during spring games or home games? And if not should we consider trying to start one up and use the banner like the one we have at the top of this page infront of our tailgating area?

This may sound stupid but it would let us all get to know each other and talk some football while eatting food and drinking some brew. Just an idea and go ahead and lets maybe talk about this or get some thoughts. Thank you and GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

:woo:restore:woo:restore:woo:restore:woo

We generally have had two, maybe three during the year. We usually team up with huskerpedia.com and have a dual tailgate. Sometime they work really well, other times there average at best. For right now, I see us doing the same thing for next year. You will be able to sign up from the board and get a ticket. Any other questions let me know

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

I've been kickin' around an idea for the Spring Game:

The First Annual Spring Game Whoop It Up and Party On Dude Party,

at the 1 block square parking lot on M Street just north of the 'Night Before Lounge.' Nothing special just bring your cooler and mix in with the rest of us. Hope I'm not overstepping any boundries EtR. Let me know if I am.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

I've been kickin' around an idea for the Spring Game:

The First Annual Spring Game Whoop It Up and Party On Dude Party,

at the 1 block square parking lot on M Street just north of the 'Night Before Lounge.' Nothing special just bring your cooler and mix in with the rest of us. Hope I'm not overstepping any boundries EtR. Let me know if I am.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

We will not have anything organized by Huskerboard directly. Anyone and I mean anyone is free to organize something and you may advertise and we'll help support it.

Just north of the night before actually works well.

Wish you guys would quit wishing my life away so fast. When you get up in the golden years, they move way to fast anyway.

November will get here just fast enough.

I know I can be there in September or early October. But after that the weather makes for a long trip.

I think Va Tech is the only one I can make at this time. Oklahoma would be fun for sure, but the wife is not going to be excited about traveling that far during the early winter.

We shall see.

Wish you guys would quit wishing my life away so fast. When you get up in the golden years, they move way to fast anyway.

November will get here just fast enough.

I know I can be there in September or early October. But after that the weather makes for a long trip.

I think Va Tech is the only one I can make at this time. Oklahoma would be fun for sure, but the wife is not going to be excited about traveling that far during the early winter.

We shall see.

:)

I have a saying, "Remember when the week before Christmas seemed like it took a year to go by? At my stage in life the year before Christmas now takes a week." Hope to have a chance to say 'Hi' at the VaTech game.

>>>T_O_B

:)

Eric,

I most likely will be back for the VaTech game next year. I have an even larger trailer now. So if it works out I will let you use it again.

Bob

If skersfan is having a tailgate, that's the one to go to. I have met him several times and tailgated USC in So Cal and Texas two years ago.

The spread he has is amazing. Very friendly and fun.

Bob as the season gets closer, let us know and we'll get the word out.

Eric,

Thanks for the kind words. Just the Nebraska coming out of this transplanted California resident. Not for long though. Missouri is the new home for me. Buying property as we speak.

Anyway, I will have a large grill, a 40 foot toy hauler. I will provide food for 200 people, drinks for 200 people, that being soft drinks. I will provide coolers for the harder drinks. All money donated by the participants will be turned in to beer money. I will not provide the initial beer. I do not drink, but anything donated will be given back to all. It has worked quite will the last three times I have done it. All are welcome, the Hokies will be welcome. We all had a great time with the SC fans in LA. We may have ran low a couple of times, but there is always a beer for a needy Husker/Hokie fan. I will have a couple of TV's to watch other games through ou the day as I imagine it will be a late game.

Those are the guidelines for me. Any suggestions as we get closer will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Eric,

Thanks for the kind words. Just the Nebraska coming out of this transplanted California resident. Not for long though. Missouri is the new home for me. Buying property as we speak.

Anyway, I will have a large grill, a 40 foot toy hauler. I will provide food for 200 people, drinks for 200 people, that being soft drinks. I will provide coolers for the harder drinks. All money donated by the participants will be turned in to beer money. I will not provide the initial beer. I do not drink, but anything donated will be given back to all. It has worked quite will the last three times I have done it. All are welcome, the Hokies will be welcome. We all had a great time with the SC fans in LA. We may have ran low a couple of times, but there is always a beer for a needy Husker/Hokie fan. I will have a couple of TV's to watch other games through ou the day as I imagine it will be a late game.

Those are the guidelines for me. Any suggestions as we get closer will be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Im sorry to hear that you are moving to Missouri...no one wants to live there. ;)

Eric,

Bob

Bob

If you are going to be there for the VT game, I will make it back there to finally get to meet you......even if you are a "Marine". the only thing that will keep me from making it to that game is if I am deployed to Iraq again........which is a possibility

Rob