CB Prentiss Waggner

Personally, the fact that he is 6'2 instead of 5'11 and can still run a 4.5 means a lot more to me than how much he can bench.......yes, jamming is very important in M-M.....but there is a lot of technique to go with it, not only strength........the size and the speed can't be taught..... they can teach technique and add strength.... (yes, I know they can make a guy a "little" quicker/faster, but flat out speed can't be coached)...

I would really, really like to land this kid....he is #1 on my board of "wants" for the reamainder of this class.

More importantly, did you have 25 INTs on your resume?

haha yeah no kidding! I think bench press is overrated anyway for the CB/WR position. I'd rather know how fast his shuttle time is or his verticle jump.

While bench press is a good indicator for how successful a corner will be at man-to-man coverage, as it enables one to judge how good of a jam the corner will have at the line, I do agree that there are other, much more important measurables.

I'll just be happy to have our corners up playing some man to man and jamming instead of the 10 yard cushion Cosgrove had them playing.

Personally, the fact that he is 6'2 instead of 5'11 and can still run a 4.5 means a lot more to me than how much he can bench.......yes, jamming is very important in M-M.....but there is a lot of technique to go with it, not only strength........the size and the speed can't be taught..... they can teach technique and add strength.... (yes, I know they can make a guy a "little" quicker/faster, but flat out speed can't be coached)...

I would really, really like to land this kid....he is #1 on my board of "wants" for the reamainder of this class.

not looking good... anyone with access know where he is going? rivals has "big gold nation" reporting it. who is that?

not looking good... anyone with access know where he is going? rivals has "big gold nation" reporting it. who is that?

Big Gold Nation is Southern Miss. I told ya he would be a tough to nail down from the Southern Schools!

you dont need to be strong to jam on man to man. the point of jamming isnt to knock the guy on his ass (if you can then you do it), but the point is to mess up his timing. hell a 12 year old girl could jam a WR with the right technique. if hes 6'2'' and runs a 4.5 and can pick of the ball i dont care how much he benches

you dont need to be strong to jam on man to man. the point of jamming isnt to knock the guy on his ass (if you can then you do it), but the point is to mess up his timing. hell a 12 year old girl could jam a WR with the right technique. if hes 6'2'' and runs a 4.5 and can pick of the ball i dont care how much he benches

no one else does either.... I simply stated I thought his bench was inaccurate(clearly it is), and then people ran with it :dunno