CB Prentiss Waggner

This kid wants to play for Bo, but Bo has yet to offer. It seems like a similar situation as Eddie Brown. Bo just may be waiting to see if anyone else is interested and if not hope for a walk-on. (doubt that will happen)

Still, I feel he is a monster in the making. Anyone with 25 picks in two years, has to have an instinct for the ball.

and good hands!! :thumbs

Maybe it means 185 done 12 times to equal a max bench of 270....

for a 170 pound man benching 185 pounds 12 times is actually pretty impressive. While there is no actual equation that is accurate, some do endeavor to equate reps at a certain weight to a theoretical max (not that there is any real value in such a thing). When I weighed 165 I was benching an actual max of 335 and could do ca. 16-18 reps of 185 (sometimes 20, depending on the day). So, if that is any indication, this kid doing 12 reps at 185 probably does equate to a likely max in the 270 range.

If a kid at 170 pounds did do 270 12 times then he is a beast!

This kid wants to play for Bo, but Bo has yet to offer. It seems like a similar situation as Eddie Brown. Bo just may be waiting to see if anyone else is interested and if not hope for a walk-on. (doubt that will happen)

Still, I feel he is a monster in the making. Anyone with 25 picks in two years, has to have an instinct for the ball.

I'm pretty sure he does have an offer.

for a 170 pound man benching 185 pounds 12 times is actually pretty impressive. While there is no actual equation that is accurate, some do endeavor to equate reps at a certain weight to a theoretical max (not that there is any real value in such a thing). When I weighed 165 I was benching an actual max of 335 and could do ca. 16-18 reps of 185 (sometimes 20, depending on the day). So, if that is any indication, this kid doing 12 reps at 185 probably does equate to a likely max in the 270 range.

Good call Rob....that is what I was getting at. You did a better job explaining it!

that doesnt seem like that much... I could only do like 305 but I could do 205 15-16 times pretty easy(that was my warm up)

that doesnt seem like that much... I could only do like 305 but I could do 205 15-16 times pretty easy(that was my warm up)

Were you a comparable weight in high school?

More importantly, did you have 25 INTs on your resume?

Were you a comparable weight in high school?

It was my first year out of college. I taught a year of highschool(I was PE and had 3 lifting classes) before I started grad school. and I weighed about 10-15 pounds more. I wish I could say that now :steam

wasnt comparing myself to him.... rob was was. I was simply stating that for a 335 max(robs... not this kid) 16-18 reps of 185 doesnt seem right. If I had to guess 12 reps of 185 would give you about a mid 200's max.

haha yeah no kidding! I think bench press is overrated anyway for the CB/WR position. I'd rather know how fast his shuttle time is or his verticle jump.

While bench press is a good indicator for how successful a corner will be at man-to-man coverage, as it enables one to judge how good of a jam the corner will have at the line, I do agree that there are other, much more important measurables.