Why we need to see improvements this year!

I spent some 'big bucks' attending the USC games in LA in '06 and Lincoln last fall, saw us lose to Texas AM, and KU in Lawrence. Consolation prize was the KSU win in Memorial Stadium.

IMHO, keeping the sell out streak in Lincoln is a string that Solich/Callahan put us in jeopardy of losing. I practically gave away my A&M tickets outside the stadium last fall. We need to keep this tradition of sell outs going forward. But....

If the 'skers have a bad season and interest in the program wanes...we are in trouble in 2009. What a poor home schedule non-con visitors coming to Lincoln.

Maybe Callahan set these games to keep his job! I for one will not be back for this "Bill Snyder" type of scheduling. We deserve better for the high tix prices.

Just my two cents worth.

I spent some 'big bucks' attending the USC games in LA in '06 and Lincoln last fall, saw us lose to Texas AM, and KU in Lawrence. Consolation prize was the KSU win in Memorial Stadium.

IMHO, keeping the sell out streak in Lincoln is a string that Solich/Callahan put us in jeopardy of losing. I practically gave away my A&M tickets outside the stadium last fall. We need to keep this tradition of sell outs going forward. But....

If the 'skers have a bad season and interest in the program wanes...we are in trouble in 2009. What a poor home schedule non-con visitors coming to Lincoln.

Maybe Callahan set these games to keep his job! I for one will not be back for this "Bill Snyder" type of scheduling. We deserve better for the high tix prices.

Just my two cents worth.

I hated Callahan but he had NOTHING to do with the schedule last season. And he didn't have anything to do with this coming seasons schedule either. I agree with the next post however that if you don't go, plenty of other people will. I have season tickets and although I would like to see better teams come, the ticket price isn't really that much and I am more than willing to pay it and go see the team that I LOVE, then to not go.

topekahusker, i truley feel your pain. if you ever feel the need to unload husker tickets in the following years, please contact me. i know its a burden going to the games, but i'll fall on that grenade.

in all seriousness, i dont see this streak as a concern. its the ONE thing that the university has nothing to do with. its all up to us, and i think we can handle it.

Plus the waiting list for season tickets has to be miles long, ESPECIALLY after the Pellini announcement. We will have to wait and see though cause ya never know what some fair weather fans (not calling yourself one) may do.

:bang I have made it up to like number 900 on the waiting list.....I am really pushing for a major expansion on the stadium...say about another 10,000 seats, that way I might have a chance of getting one after they give the others out to the people that are willing to donate the big bucks...

One thing I hate about Memorial stadium is that it needs to be much bigger to accommodate the millions of Nebraska fans....(okay...maybe a little overstated). :nanalama

Just my two cents worth.

Coach Callahan had nothing to do with setting the schedule.

If anything, the hiring of Coach Pelini assures sellouts for a good while. There's something i'm seeing within the first couple months of him being on board, that I didn't see at all during the "moron's" tenure....

Enthusiasm, how many times did the "moron" show up at a basketball game to get everyone hyped for the upcoming season??? Add to that, there is an aire of "can be done" with Coach Pelini. And I expect not to get some lame a$$ excuse if we lose a game.

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

I don't like Solich being dissed and coupled with Callahan. Take Frank's record to any other school and he's a success, at Nebraska it was like some kar-e-o-kee goof following Frank Sinatra, no way he could live up to what had preceeded him. I don't know if there was a coach in the country who could have followed Ozzie and succeeded. Callahan, on the other hand came in with an attitude of "I don't care about the past, I took a team to the Super Bowl." They are not linked in any way, Solich gave his all for years and years, Callahan gave us nothing but a place to start over from.

>>>T_O_B

I don't like Solich being dissed and coupled with Callahan. Take Frank's record to any other school and he's a success, at Nebraska it was like some kar-e-o-kee goof following Frank Sinatra, no way he could live up to what had preceeded him. I don't know if there was a coach in the country who could have followed Ozzie and succeeded. Callahan, on the other hand came in with an attitude of "I don't care about the past, I took a team to the Super Bowl." They are not linked in any way, Solich gave his all for years and years, Callahan gave us nothing but a place to start over from.

>>>T_O_B

:clap:hellloooo:yeah