My Predictions for next year

MVPujols

i think parity has almost taken over the validity of the predictions of college football :

first three games are must wins and basically scrimmages to hopefully "fine tune" the team

VT- they will be tougher than nails... I predict they'll be a slight favorite in this game and it will be sort of the measuring stick for Bo and the team ... in Lincoln I'll say it'll be a close game but VT wins

MU- this might be ugly... depending on the VT game... if they beat VT , look out MU.. if they lose,no matter what, MU has the advantage .. no question

TT- first roadie .... I don't care ... I think Bo and Co. come ready to bring it this game and they get the win

ISU - we saw how they played OU last year... I don't think for one second we should overlook this team... I don't care who's coming back and who's not

BU - just like the first three games... you just can't overlook this team... period

OU- I think if they play to there full potential and OU has an off day we definitely have a chance here (OU always seems to have the most dominant team in the conference and eventually slips up and blows a game, kinda like ISU last year... hey it was close)

KU- they'll be ready again, maybe undefeated, and NU will be in for a dog fight... I say NU by a score(so optimistic here)

KSU - is the third time a charm for Freeman ? I think he'll have the toughest game in three tries

CU- they'll win the game... it'll be another dogfight and NU comes out on top at home

final regular season record 8-4

and a win in the bowl game 9-4 final record

:wasted

i think bo has their leach's number.

bo has had experience running d against texas tech's fruity-loop offense and i believe he'll come out of lubbock with win.

:yeah You would guess this is a texas tech board with all the people picking the red raiders to win. Do you not remeber how many interceptions we had in '03? Have you not seen any of Bo's defenses the past four years? They create turnovers and texas tech isn't even a good football team. they're one dimensional and they dont have a defense. WIth Bo's defenses you have to worry about mobile qbs. losses this year will be va tech. (they did retain tyrod taylor) Missouri (just a better football team right now) Oklahoma (too much talent right now). THe rest of the games are kind of up in the air. We will lose one we're supposed to win so im going with cy and picking us to lose to a much 'IMPROVED ISU team. (by the way at no point in this post did the word "you" refer to hack)

Not to be a party pooper, but I remember everyone saying Ball St. would be a 'gimme' last year..........

I think some people's expectations are a little high on this board. I hope not, but the realistic football fan in me says they are. :bang

I don't think I am being unrealistic at all and I don't think my expectation of next year's team is high. It may seem high compared to how lousy last season was, but any team that is heavy on the defensive side of the ball will ALWAYS do good. I'm not saying that the D next season is going to be like it was back in '94 & '95, but I feel it will have lots of success early on which will provide confidence and reassurance for the rest of the team.

Once the D gets rolling, the offense will feed off of this and perform even better. And guess what, if we aren't trying to come back from a 2-5 touchdown defecit, there will be less mistakes on offense (i.e., less interceptions). Nebraska will also have the opportunity to "pound the rock," something that was noticeably lacking last season (especially during the end of the season).

So, to summarize, I think the improved D will make all the difference in the world. If you take a look at the games we lost (with the exception of a few), Nebraska usually scored 28+ points and STILL lost. That's ridiculous you can't win a game with 28+ points.

No matter what happens, I will just be excited to see a team on the field, rather than a bunch of individuals running around the field and some ego maniac trying to prove that his system works.

Have you not seen any of Bo's defenses the past four years?

Bo's defenses of the last four years won't be on the field next season. The 2008 huskers will be. They haven't even taken a snap under the new coaches yet. They are still an unknown entity.

Bo's defenses of the last four years don't matter any more. While they make interesting fodder for discussion, the only BO defense that matters is next season's.

But opinions vary.

GO BO!!

I would just like to offer a helpful suggestion to those whose hopes and dreams about this coming season's successes may not come to fruition (and I want 10 wins! or any number as long as we beat the Bluffs!!), just two words that got me through the past several years: stay drunk.

:wasted

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... no explanation

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... no explanation

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... no explanation

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win...VT always looks so beatable, plus home game

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Toss up/Loss/Maybe lol... depends on if the defense shows up that day, still home game

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock

Win... make them run and knock their QB around ALOT

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames

Win... no explanation

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... no explanation

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman

Loss... Oklahoma away game, not much of a chance but you never know

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... Still dont think KU is THAT good, again if defense shows up it will be a beating at home

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan

Win... Kansas State isnt that big of a threat anymore

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln

Win... REVENGE at home

sooooo basically 11-1 or 10-2... possible National Champs???? :thumbs

bash on my picks if you feel the need, but im a die hard nebraska fan so obviously im going to pick them to win basically every game :woo

These kids are gonna be fired up to play football, not the bs we have been playing the last 4 years.

For me I'm predicting 7-9 wins, its obviously to early to say, and I will have a much better gauge as we get closer to the season.

For sure losses

OU

Toss up in opponents favor-We can win these games, but they have the edge

Mizzou

TT

VT

Toss up in our favor-I think we have a slight edge, but we can easily lose

KU

CU

For sure wins

Baylor

ISU

KSU

W. Michigan

SJ State

New Mexico State

I liked the format, I had to steal it...

For sure losses

(being optimistic, i'm not going to enter anything here)

Toss up in opponents favor-We can win these games, but they have the edge

OU

VT

MU

Toss up in our favor-I think we have a slight edge, but we can easily lose

KU

CU

TT

For sure wins

Baylor

ISU

KSU

W. Michigan

SJ State

New Mexico State

*there are no things as sure wins though*

I think that anything less than 8-4 is a disappointment. I know i'm probably being overconfident, optimistic, what have you. I think the defense will be vastly improved from last year, and the competition for starting jobs should make this a hungry team by the time the season starts.

Western Michigan - Win

San Jose State - Win

New Mexico State - Win

Virginia Tech - Surprise win - Honestly I haven't been impressed by VT recently

Missouri - Win - Missouri always sucks in Lincoln

Texas Tech - Loss - Playing TT in Lubbock is tough and I don't think we have the speed on def

Iowa State - Win - Iowa State seriously sucks

Baylor - Win - Baylor also sucks

Oklahoma - Loss - OU will be REALLY good next year

Kansas - Win - We put up a lot of points against KU last year, with a decent def we'll win

Kansas State - Win - Josh Freeman will choke yet again

Colorado - Win - same as Kansas, we put up a ton of points on them and if we had any defense we would win. How do you score 51 points and lose by two touchdowns? Ask Coz. That won't be happening anymore.

Accuse me of drinking too much kool aid, but I honestly see us having a solid year this year. I predicted doom last year, and that was against the grain of most people's sentiments. We lost a lot of our defensive starters... who cares? This just in: our defense was one of the worst in the country last year. Getting those guys off the field is a good thing. I've been waiting for years for Corey and Bo to graduate. We will have VERY significant defensive improvement this year and our offense will continue to roll.

11-2 after a bowl game win

I would say you're drinking something. But it's cool you're optimistic. I was optimistic last year after my team finished 6-6 (Kansas) and I predicted they would go 9-3 last year. Basically everyone laughed me off this board claiming I was smoking something and that I was wrong...welll I was wrong, they went 12-1.

With Nebraska you never know. I think they go 7-5 and make it to a bowl game and win it. It's hard for any new coach to come in and implement a system. With Pelini you're getting a great coach that should turn your defense around quicker than most think. In 2009 you'll compete for the North again.

It also really comes down to how much they change the offense. I doubt they are going to change it much, but you never know. If anything I think they will dumb it down some and not make is so difficult. The real question isn't the offense, but the defense. We have alot of green guys coming in on defense next season and I think they can only play better. I would say we finish 7-5 with losses to VT, MU, KU, CU, and OU. We win a close game with TT and ISU and the rest we win by 10 points or more.

i hope we are all suprised by the level of intensity on the field...i feel like our players are under appreciated based on last years performance....i dont put all of the blame on the coaching staff, but being motivated to play hard seems to be something all of this years players will have compared to last when the huskers seemed emotionless in most games....there is enough talent on this years team to win...