recruit that i wished we could have got-dan hoch

sure wish someone could talk this kid in coming to nu, he is from my former high school, harlan , iowa.. i thought once in my life time, a kid from harlan is going to play for the huskers,,it almost happen...not sure what changed this kids mind, but i thought for a long time he was a true lock to put on a husker uniform.. well, maybe in my next lifetime.

sure wish someone could talk this kid in coming to nu, he is from my former high school, harlan , iowa.. i thought once in my life time, a kid from harlan is going to play for the huskers,,it almost happen...not sure what changed this kids mind, but i thought for a long time he was a true lock to put on a husker uniform.. well, maybe in my next lifetime.

I'm going to be honest, Hoch was a project. He may have improved later on. Bryce Givens is the one that hurts the most

Givens and Robinson were crushing blows to recruiting especially to me because I feel the elite O Linemen are the most important .. but we gotta move on :wasted

I agree. Championships are built in the trenches and we had some great ones coming here. All you can do is cut your losses and move on and focus on what you have in front of you. Things will get better.

Personally, I do not want to say anything negative about a HS kid........ but, as I have stated many times, my brother coached this kid, and he says that a lot of people in the Harlan area, who are NU fans, don't seem to be too disappointed on the decomit.....

Of course, like ronss, I would have loved to have big Dan, becuase of the "home-town", "home-grown" effect, but Givens and Robinson are a lot better on the field prospects.....IMO....

Simi Kuli -- hands down, no question about it.

To put it kindly, our d-line sucks. We need all the help we can get immediately. Besides Potter, no one bothered to step up at all last year. Granted I wish Kuli would be about 30 pounds heavier and could play DT, but his immediate impact could've REALLY helped our line.

Shaun Mohler is right behind Kuli as well in how quickly he could've helped fixed our defense.

It is what it is. Some stay....some go. Recruiting is a strange beast. 5 stars or none, who knows how these kids will develop. I am happy with our current recruits. However, it does bother me that these young kids have been elevated to a higher level because of Rivals, Scout and the internet. They are still just 18 year old kids who play football. Some of them start to buy into the hype, others believe they are next to stardome based on what they have read, fans persecute them for their decisions.....recruiting is not what is use to be.

well, its hard to say how dan is gong to fair, as some coaches will tell ya, 5 star kids end up playing 3rd string, 3 star kids start... i have a ton of harlan high school football games on dvd,s, and have seen dan hoch play many downs.. in high school, he was double teamed a lot, and he just pushed a lot of guys around with ease because of his size when not doubled teamed. on defensive side of the filed, which dan also played, he has a brother that is a sophmore, and i thought he was better than dan, was more moblile i thought. only thing that i have read about dan , is some wonder if he has the mental toughness for d1 college ball,,... quess we find out. i wish dan good luck in columbia., though i wish he was going to lincoln.