02' vs 04'

Just wondering what everyone's outlook was following these two seasons? Personally, after the 02 7-7 season I almost didn't want the following season to start. Really the only thing I was looking forward to was seeing a new DC that was kind of unheard of, and seeing what he would do. Plus we had a pretty favorable schedule, and I seen us winning more than 7 games the following year. This year, I can't wait to see all these coveted recruits come in to see what they can do, and I also think we'll be back to 8 wins next year.

Here's the '05 sched.

04/16 Red-White game

09/03 Maine

09/10 Wake Forest

09/17 Pittsburgh

10/01 Iowa State

10/08 Texas Tech

10/15 @ Baylor

10/22 @ Missouri

10/29 Oklahoma

11/05 @ Kansas

11/12 Kansas State

11/25 @ Colorado

At first glance it appears we *should* take around 5-6 of the home games. Unfort on the road Im afraid its going to be tough to come away with more than 1-2 dubs.

Here's the '05 sched.

04/16 Red-White game

09/03 Maine

09/10 Wake Forest

09/17 Pittsburgh

10/01 Iowa State

10/08 Texas Tech

10/15 @ Baylor

10/22 @ Missouri

10/29 Oklahoma

11/05 @ Kansas

11/12 Kansas State

11/25 @ Colorado

At first glance it appears we *should* take around 5-6 of the home games. Unfort on the road Im afraid its going to be tough to come away with more than 1-2 dubs.

Maine is the only easy win at home imo. I see us winning probably 3 home games plus baylor and maybe Kansas. Probs get 4 maybe 5 wins.

Hoya, that was far from a gimme bet. $1100 to win $100? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. And when I say "gimme" I think it is a game that even if Nebraska plays badly, they will win. I agree with Benard here, they aren't even a top 1aa team like a McNeese State, Western Kentucky etc.

5 is the most victories I can come up with. We will win our first 2, Iowa State (sorry I just can't see them beating us again), Baylor, and either Kansas or Colorado. OK, the last one may be a stretch. Other than that I don't see us competing with anyone else. All I can say is thank God TT, Baylor, and OU are the only teams in the South we're playing. Somebody really needs to see if we can get out of that TT game. I mean if we can get out of playing Houston, maybe we can get out of playing TT.

The Pittsburgh game will be an interesting game (two NFL flops go head to head). However, I don't even think DW can screw up that bad.