how many WR are we going to take?

I think we have 4 right now. Bell, Osborne, Ward and Reed. I guess it depends on some of the remaining prospects. From what I understand, there are 2 more receivers that the Huskers are in on. There are about 5-6 prospects that have strong interest in Nebraska and I am not sure if they will take all of them if they all commit. Should be interesting.

Prince Amukamara and Leon Jackson were told they would get a shot at their positions they prefer to play. I could give a ton more examples, but you would get the point.

So we should just assume that Pelini is just paying the kid lip service? I thought he was "honest and straightforward." I doubt the kid ends up playing receiver either, he has the frame to get much bigger than he is.

Keep in mind also, if we are moving towards more of a spread-like offense, some of these guys are going to get used a lot differently. We need guys with speed to make it work, and we don't have a lot of burners right now. These are the types of athletes you see going to florida or WV. For example, we broke the Callahan mold when we offered the Thompkins kid, but he would be deadly in a spread style offense with his speed and shiftiness, something we don't really have on our current roster.... that we have seen anyways.

Prince Amukamara and Leon Jackson were told they would get a shot at their positions they prefer to play. I could give a ton more examples, but you would get the point.

So we should just assume that Pelini is just paying the kid lip service? I thought he was "honest and straightforward." I doubt the kid ends up playing receiver either, he has the frame to get much bigger than he is.

He'll get a shot. As much as Prince and Leon did at RB this past year. :)

Fact of it is, Kyler would not be a difference maker at WR. He's a WR just not unlike everyone we have right now (besides Curenski). It would be a complete waste to keep him at a position where he would not stick out anymore than anyone we already have on our roster.

Now at H-Back or LB ...