Whats up with Texas recruits?

I was checking out Texas, TAMU, and Texas Tech's recruiting class and I noticed they all had a lot of recruits already signed. I thought they were just Juco's at first but no they're high schoolers graduating early. Does the state of Texas make it so you can graduate early or what? I know Pat Witt and Marcus Mendoza were from Texas and they graduated early.

Texas Commit List

TAMU Commit List

Texas Tech Commit List

I was checking out Texas, TAMU, and Texas Tech's recruiting class and I noticed they all had a lot of recruits already signed. I thought they were just Juco's at first but no they're high schoolers graduating early. Does the state of Texas make it so you can graduate early or what? I know Pat Witt and Marcus Mendoza were from Texas and they graduated early.

Texas Commit List

TAMU Commit List

Texas Tech Commit List

even if a recruit graduates early, he still cannot sign a LOI until LOI day. Unless they are JUCO's

Texas Commit List

TAMU Commit List

Texas Tech Commit List

High Schools in the top 2 classes are allowed to have spring ball, so these kids have 3 years of Spring ball under their belt. They probably figure rather than sitting watching the younger kids go through spring ball, they'll graduate early and go through spring ball at the college of their choice.

High Schools in the top 2 classes are allowed to have spring ball, so these kids have 3 years of Spring ball under their belt. They probably figure rather than sitting watching the younger kids go through spring ball, they'll graduate early and go through spring ball at the college of their choise.

Excellent observation.

Patrick Witt and Kody Spano both started classes in spring semester at NU, Trevor Robinson did it at ND. Almost every kid can graduate early depending on how many credits are needed and if you plan it right, at my school I could graduate at the end of my junior year but there is one class you have to take as a senior, so that means you have to wait til winter to graduate

Texas Commit List

TAMU Commit List

Texas Tech Commit List

even if a recruit graduates early, he still cannot sign a LOI until LOI day. Unless they are JUCO's

I think that's what he's trying to ask: if a recruit graduates early, how can they sign a LOI before NSD? Is this only in Texas they can do it cause Spano enrolled early but didnt sign a LOI. How can Rivals say they signed already? Guessing?

:)

I once heard that a lot of parents in Texas will hold a kid back a year before he gets to HS in order to give the kid a chance to gain an extra year in maturity and size. If you do 8th grade over I'd bet they get a few extra HS credits which also makes it easier to graduate earlier.

>>>T_O_B

:)

i went to falls city high school and we were not allowed to graduate early, i was told, by school officials that you are not allowed to graduate early in nebraska. i do know some people that transfered to a missouri school with a few weeks left in school and they graduated early, but they also had waaaaay less graduation requirements.