Different College but still Cheering for Nebraska?

MNBIGRED

think the sororities rent them out by the hour on Saturdays. Half-price if you keep them overnight!

Cy, do you have any prices?? Never been to ames, with this new found information, it sounds like I could have some fun there! Possibly even making the trip from Omaha on some lonely cold saturday..

Usually treating them to a fine dining experience at McDonalds and a bottle of Mad Dog afterwards will suffice....for the real high-class ones it sometimes takes a trip to Wal-Mart to get their motors running....

I'm pretty sure if you take them to Tip-Top for a Budweiser and a bowl of chili at 6am on gameday, you get a 10% off coupon for the next week!!!!

think the sororities rent them out by the hour on Saturdays. Half-price if you keep them overnight!

Cy, do you have any prices?? Never been to ames, with this new found information, it sounds like I could have some fun there! Possibly even making the trip from Omaha on some lonely cold saturday..

Usually treating them to a fine dining experience at McDonalds and a bottle of Mad Dog afterwards will suffice....for the real high-class ones it sometimes takes a trip to Wal-Mart to get their motors running....

I'm pretty sure if you take them to Tip-Top for a Budweiser and a bowl of chili at 6am on gameday, you get a 10% off coupon for the next week!!!!

and free "gas" for your grill at the tailgate!

I don't have to work tomorrow, I'm leavin for ames at 5!!! :nanalama

Leaving at 5:00 is a good idea...it'll be dark when you get to Ames. Always best to pick your ISU girl up in the dark....remember not to scream in the morning as you might accidently wake it up. Just quietly gnaw your arm off and slink away before she notices you're gone....

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

and free "gas" for your grill at the tailgate!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! That's nasty!!!!!!!!!!

However, very true.

I was born and raised a Husker fan in Omaha, and then like yourself went off to ISU on an engineering scholarship. I always cheered for the Cyclones, except when they were playing the Huskers. I definitely got heckled a little bit, and I was surprised at how bitter a lot of Cyclone fans are toward Nebraska (see this article I dredged up that I remember reading in the student newspaper when I was in Ames).

http://media.www.iowastatedaily.com/media/...e-1092105.shtml

In any case, I expect you'll find a few other Husker fans in Ames, there were 4 of us just in my fraternity who would get together to watch the Huskers. When the Huskers came to Jack Trice, I always put on my Husker gear and stood on one of the hillsides in the corner of the endzones where a large group of Husker fans would inevitably be huddled, just to make sure I didn't have to deal with drunken idiots in the student section.

My issue is now I have some sort of connection to a quarter of the schools in the Big 12, as I'm in engineering graduate school at the University of Texas at Austin. I wore my Husker gear here in the UT student section this year and was left alone for the most part, though some of my own buddies started getting in my face after the Jamaal Charles track meet exhibition in the 4th quarter.

i go to MST (previously UMR) in rolla, mo...just under 2 hours from columbia. i too am here for engineering, and bleed scarlet and cream. its not to bad being a husker fan because most of the students here are knowledgable enough to know that the big red has been dominate for years, and is just in a slump. i don't catch much flack

I graduated from UMR (i'll never refer to it as MoST) in May. Spent some time at Mizzou and am now in grad school at Oklahoma.

Toughest moment of going to school out of state during the Billy C era was watching us lose to Texas Tech in 04 but beating Mizzou 2 weeks later shut my fraternity brothers up. I have to say the best part about being from Nebraska is running into the displaced faithful. I ran into some husker fans in St louis when I met up with some friends to watch the CU game this year it was great being able to strike up a conversation and watch a game with some fans in a foreign land but around the end of the first quarter I told them I'm in school at OU and they looked at me like I was a heretic. I guess I can only look forward to seeing the Huskers come down here next year to revive the rivalry for a couple of seasons.

On a side note to Stickman.

Enjoy Rolla while you can when youre gone and trying to convey how Pats in Rolla is unlike any other place on earth people will think youre full of s*** or enroll you in a 12 step program. You will shed a tear at the thought of snake invasions, people (students and profs) passing out in random buildings on campus, going to class drunk and playing beergammon in class (physics 321 no less), Gonzo, Games, gratuitous amounts of blow, watching baby reps volunteer to play blow tag, annuals, street painters, THE GROTTO and court. Cant wait to blow off class for the BEST EVER 100th St Pats. And as the saying goes there are tons of women in Rolla just not that many. Find an import.

born in omaha, raised in omaha, graduated from ralston, went to UNO (on my own dime) and got my degree there. got a job in omaha and i'm happy with life.

i've always been a husker fan tho. growing up, it was the only game in town and the one thing that united the family.

do i regret not leaving omaha? sometimes. but then, home is where the heart is and i just can't imagine living anywhere else.

Born in a small town in Southwestern MN, but raised a Husker fan since the day I entered this world. I went to a school in South Dakota for two years where I played football, but then transfered to Minnesota State University-Mankato. I always cheer for the Huskers....I remember two years ago I was at a bar watching the NU-Texas game and then went to the Gophers game in nothing but red. I got some funny looks and some heckling since they lost. I am always asked why I am not a Gophers fan and the my answer is very simple....the Huskers are the best and easiest team to cheer for. Besides, the Gophers have always sucked!!!

I will be attending the NU-ISU game next fall in Ames. I am hoping it will be a good time!

I lived in O'Neill NE during the early 70's (70-73). I was only 5-7 yrs old then, but that is where and when I began being a lifetime fan of the Huskers. I went to college at Arizona State, but Nebraska Cornhuskers has always been my favorite football team...way above my alma mater ASU. I went to the game that Huskers had at ASU when I was going to school there and I was rooting wildly for the Huskers;-)

I go to kstate because i can't afford out of state tuition and i still cheer on the huskers and love to see the cats lose

Wow, you must be WILDLY popular on campus... <_<

Just for the record, I had a buddy when I was at CU who was from Lincoln and unabashedly flaunted his unnatural love for the Huskers whenever he got the chance. We'd bust his chops a lot, just as he'd bust ours, but I never saw anybody get in an honest to goodness argument with the guy about it.

That said, it was understood from both he and the rest of us that we'd keep a healthy distance from each other the morning of the game. Once the game was over we were right back to being all chummy and what not (2001 was particularly fun :thumbs ), but we just both knew to keep our distance before kickoff.

I am currently a Freshman at the University of Akron in Ohio, never lived with in 400 miles of Nebraska, but am the self proclaimed "biggest husker fan east of the mississippi." With all my friends being OSU, Michigan, ND, or banwagon fans its hard to still stay strong but I do. I plan on going to UNL next fall but its hard we will see. No matter where I end up from August to January (hopefully we are playing in January :) ) you can find me in front of a TV watching my 'skers or on the computer buying tickets to go and see my 'skers because "no matter the outcome, no matter game, I will always bleed HUSKER RED."