Weight: 215 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Bench max: 345 pounds

Squat max: 450 pounds

Vertical: 29 inches

stats via Rivals

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Kansas State, Miami (FL), Oklahoma

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas State, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: stargold.gif

Assessing the talent:

"Extremely talented middle linebacker prospect who missed several games as a junior due to a cracked fibula. He played in four and had 60 tackles. He ran for 1,500 yards and 23 touchdowns as a sophomore at fullback. He'll be one of the nation's top linebacker prospects for the Class of 2009." via Scout

Great prospect very close to home. Hopefully location is a big issue to Jaydan.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

JAYDENBIRD7_2200A.JPG

60 tackles in 4 games WOW

Saw him play a couple games last fall down here in Kansas and he is the real deal. Comparing him to Jordan Bedore out of Goodland, KS(now starting center for K-State but played LB in high school), Bird has him on speed (not even close) and just having that physical presence. This kid flies to the football on every down. He busted a 55 yard TD run after running over one our defensive linemen like a Mack truck and then put in another gear and outran everyone to the endzone. Plays for a 3A powerhouse down here in Conway Springs with 5 state titles the past 9 years. Has that nasty mentality that would fit great with a Bo Pelini coached team. Would be a great get for the Big Red! :thumbs

Saw him play a couple games last fall down here in Kansas and he is the real deal. Comparing him to Jordan Bedore out of Goodland, KS(now starting center for K-State but played LB in high school), Bird has him on speed (not even close) and just having that physical presence. This kid flies to the football on every down. He busted a 55 yard TD run after running over one our defensive linemen like a Mack truck and then put in another gear and outran everyone to the endzone. Plays for a 3A powerhouse down here in Conway Springs with 5 state titles the past 9 years. Has that nasty mentality that would fit great with a Bo Pelini coached team. Would be a great get for the Big Red! :thumbs

I think that Jaydan would be a great fit for the 'skers. Has your local media covered him at all? If so, have they mentioned anything regarding college preference?

I must be missing something..

if he's one of the top linebacker commits of the class, why is there only 1 star next to his rating? there's obviously an explanation i'm sure

with that being said...

holy crap that guy is on the roids

Only the top 100 by the recruiting services have their stars right now. The other players will get their actual star rankings closer to the season. Often they come out mid summer.

if he's one of the top linebacker commits of the class, why is there only 1 star next to his rating? there's obviously an explanation i'm sure

with that being said...

it is because scout hasn't rated him yet, they just have him in their database, it will go up later in the year once they rate him. :koolaid2: wow awesome I didn't see the kool-aid guy before

with that being said...

it is because scout hasn't rated him yet, they just have him in their database, it will go up later in the year once they rate him. :koolaid2: wow awesome I didn't see the kool-aid guy before

I'll take partial credit for that, ask and you shall recieve; I asked, and I recieved :koolaid2: , thanks to whom ever made it.

I think that Jaydan would be a great fit for the 'skers. Has your local media covered him at all? If so, have they mentioned anything regarding college preference?

Our local media has not mentioned anything about college choices yet. I coach down here and it's a lot of "hey, I heard that he's really interested in......." - Once we start getting closer to August, I'm sure the Wichita Eagle (our paper) will start digging up and putting the info in the paper. The kid is good!

with that being said...

Great point. He had a monster sophomore year and then had a season ending injury to his ankle in week 4, I believe. I just really think he fits that Bo Pelini mentality of bust your butt, fly to the ball, and cause a train wreck.

• 1 month later...

I live near the town he used to play for(Andover Central) and he played our team in the playoffs his sophmore year. He ran all over us. I play on the football team here in Mulvane and we have a pretty good Linebacker, his name is Huldon Tharp. He plays running back too. I'm suprised the huskers haven't offered him yet.

Bird is not a real great character kid, he transfered basically because the coaches didn't kiss his butt and let him do what ever he wanted.