Kenny Wilson...

huskerhaze

He won't be playing again. If he does, he will likely never see the field no matter where he goes. His injury pretty much ruined him for the rest of his life.

I wouldnt go as far to say it "ruined him for the rest of his life". Its not like he is paralyzed from the neck down or got AIDS. He can still lead a successful business career even though he broke his leg doing something idiotic. Never understood why it seems most athletes suffer the worst injuries doing something most of us do on a regular basis. :dunno

He won't be playing again. If he does, he will likely never see the field no matter where he goes. His injury pretty much ruined him for the rest of his life.

I wouldnt go as far to say it "ruined him for the rest of his life". Its not like he is paralyzed from the neck down or got AIDS. He can still lead a successful business career even though he broke his leg doing something idiotic. Never understood why it seems most athletes suffer the worst injuries doing something most of us do on a regular basis. :dunno

I suspect Willie was speaking to Wilson's ability to perform at a relatively high athletic level.

You have to understand, he broke his femur bone. Your femur bone is the single strongest bone in your body and can take stress like nothing else. To break that bone, you literally have to create an insane amount of stress to break it. The guy will have problems walking, much less running, for the rest of his life.

I suspect Willie was speaking to Wilson's ability to perform at a relatively high athletic level.

Injury pretty much ruined his life????????

Doesn't sound to me like he meant his athletic ability, as he said "ruined him for the rest of his life". Not playing career or athletically. But hey, maybe that is what he meant... let us hope so anyway!

This injury is nothing like what Herian had. It is normally a quick fix for a break. It was not a compound fracture, or at least that is what I have heard. Most femur fractures now are up and walking with in a couple of days. Cuts at the hip, bone drilled with rod driven between both parts.

It used to require traction, body casts and a whole lot of pain. Now the pain is normally over by the time the surgery is done. This is no longer a career ending injury, if it is a common break. Supposedly that is what he had.

I have seen dozens of them. Very painful, but not a lasting injury like a knee or compound fracture. He could very well return just as fast with very little problem. I have had motocrossers break it and be riding with in a month. Not racing by any means, but riding, and up and walking with in a week, very close to normal.

If all as I have been told this is not going to eliminate Kenny from playing this year. But I do not know the whole story on his injury by any means.

This is not a life changing injury any longer. It heals quicker than any bone in the body due to the blood flow and muscle around it. Once healed is stronger than it was before. It normally takes a normal person about one year to totally recover, top athletes with proper physical rehab and correct diets much quicker.

The lady problem will end his career at Nebraska, but not his leg is my guess. Hope all of this is just a rumor and he does get his chance.

This injury is nothing like what Herian had. It is normally a quick fix for a break. It was not a compound fracture, or at least that is what I have heard. Most femur fractures now are up and walking with in a couple of days. Cuts at the hip, bone drilled with rod driven between both parts.

It used to require traction, body casts and a whole lot of pain. Now the pain is normally over by the time the surgery is done. This is no longer a career ending injury, if it is a common break. Supposedly that is what he had.

I have seen dozens of them. Very painful, but not a lasting injury like a knee or compound fracture. He could very well return just as fast with very little problem. I have had motocrossers break it and be riding with in a month. Not racing by any means, but riding, and up and walking with in a week, very close to normal.

If all as I have been told this is not going to eliminate Kenny from playing this year. But I do not know the whole story on his injury by any means.

This is not a life changing injury any longer. It heals quicker than any bone in the body due to the blood flow and muscle around it. Once healed is stronger than it was before. It normally takes a normal person about one year to totally recover, top athletes with proper physical rehab and correct diets much quicker.

The lady problem will end his career at Nebraska, but not his leg is my guess. Hope all of this is just a rumor and he does get his chance.

i think what really is bothering the injury was that he had annother break a few months later didn't he, something about fragile bones?

Herian broke his fibula (might have been tibia). His injury was messed up because a doctor convinced him that he could get him back quicker from surgery. The only thing this doctor did was mess up his leg more. Herian had to have his leg broken again to have the last surgery fixed.

Even still, Herian got a clean bill of health from all our team doctors. From what I understand, he pretty much half-hearted his rehab and kept using his leg as a crutch for everything.

Also, there is no way a motocross rider has had his femur broken and been riding within a month. Commonly, you are just on crutches for 2-3 months after a break. So you are likely speaking of something else entirely.

And yes, femur breaks are career threatening because of the fact they limit an athletes range of motion.