1st Game, Best Moment, Best Game

I saw this on HuskerPedia so I decided to post it here because it seemed like a good idea.

1st Game at Memorial Stadium

1999 vs. Southern Mississippi I stood outside with my dad for 2 hours waiting for tickets. It was a 12:00 non-televised kickoff and we got tickets at 11:45. Just enough time to find our seats in the west balcony (killer seats, by the way) and catch the Tunnel Walk.

Best Moment at Memorial Stadium

Courtney Grixby's kickoff return for a touchdown against Kansas State this year. Broke the game wide-open for Nebraska and he headed right towards my seats in the North Stadium.

Best Game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium

2007 Kansas State - the most fun I've ever had. Complete destroying of one of my most hated teams. Ganz throws 7 TDs and the seniors go out with a nice win. Great day all around.

1st game at Memorial Stadium:2000 against Missouri. We won the game and that's all I can really remember. :lol:

Best moment at Memorial Stadium:Probably taking my dad to his first Husker game against KSUcks. He picked a really good game to go to!

Best game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium:Probably against KSUcks last season. We stomped my most hated team!!!! :clap

1995 vs. Missouri. 50-0 at the end of the 3rd qtr, loved it.

Best Moment at Memorial Stadium

2001 #3 Nebraska vs #2 Oklahoma

The most obvious pick as Nebraska third-team split end Mike Stuntz hit quarterback Eric Crouch with a reverse pass for a 63-yard touchdown to give the Huskers the final 20-10 margin of victory with 6:17 to go.

Best Game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium

2006 Nebraska vs Texas. What a roller coaster, it ended on a downslope but was still a heck of a game.

1st Game: '94 against Kansas. I have no idea how my dad was able to score tickets in the middle of a Championship run. And I don't remember the score or anything else... I just remember being there in the North Endzone.

Best Moment: I think it was 2000 against Colorado when Josh Brown kicked the game winning field goal.

Best Game: I'm going to have to go with the 2000 Colorado game for this one too. Close, exciting game that came down to the wire... and we won. Texas '06 and TTech '05 were good too... but we lost.

1st Game: '04 against Southern Mississippi :(

Best Moment: Lucky's repeated long runs against Troy '06.

Best Game: '06 against Troy (only been to three at memorial stadium and this was the only shutout.

1st game probley 89 or 90 i do remember the washington game from either 90 or 91 but then again i was at most..4

best moment

wyoming when the quarterback looked like he died...or the iowa(or was it kstate game) when there was 4 injured players on the field...not so much that they were hurt but that it was all clean hard hits that knocked them out. or we could go with the iowa state game when the gunner on a punt completely tackled the return man before the ball was even past the crest of the kick. good times.

best game

Pacific in 95 when nebraska returned the opening kick off for a touchdown just as my dad got to our seats.

1st - Something in '84, Okie St. maybe. I remember Florida St. and Colorado in '85 w/ clarity, but am pretty sure I was at a game or two before that. I was young.

Best moment - The tunnel walk for the Rice game in '01, the 9/11 tribute. Storming the field after the last Big VIII game (after dismantling OU) was cool too.

Best game - Colorado in '94, The Buffs favored by a field goal, Frazier's out w/ bloodclots - the defense OWNS the day! I hadn't felt electricity like that in Memorial Stadium before or since.

First Game: versus Texas Tech in 2005

Best Moment: My whole first time up there in Lincoln for the 2005 game. From driving by the stadium to first walking INTO the stadium.

The runner up for best moment would be seeing all the trophies.

Best Game: Probably watching us pull of the win against KU in 2006

This year I'll be going to all the home games, so hopefully I'll have more moments :)

1st Game

1997 against Oklahoma, TO's 250th win, and there was the rainbow over Memorial Stadium that day after some rain.

Best Moment

I'm sure it will be Bo's first game or even just this years spring game because of the added electricity and a united fan base, but as far as past moments I will say just the whole experience of the USC game. Until Rickey Thenarse tore that guys arm off on the kick return that whole day was just awesome from being there at 8 for College Gameday until that moment it was loud and exciting. It was also cool to see Will Ferral like 2 feet away leaving the stadium.

Best Game

I would say 2006 Texas, but we ended up losing so I will go with 2005 Iowa St.

1991 Kansas. Was a youngster but i remember it being very, very cold on my toes. I had been to games before that my first being when i was one year old in 86, but as i dont remember who we played or anything about the game i cant count it.

Best Moment

The last 3 Texas games. Have really given me some respect for them as a team, although they have broken my heat everytime. In 02, i remember some Texas players gathering by the North stadium tunnel on the field, showing some appretiation to our fans as they ,the fans, were doing their usual applause after the game. That made me realize i root for a special team. Specifically in those games the crouch fumble, the Groce punt return, and the Nunn fumble.

In a win, Tommie O's 250th, like huskerguy said, the rainbow, god damn was that awesome.

Best Game

Kanas St. 1999. Loudest i have ever heard memorial stadium. Kanas came in talking smack and it ended being a blow out of magnificent proportions

Say, i dont hear it much about it but does anyone remember when Baron Miles took the ball off the foot of an Oklahoma St. punter in the end zone. Thats probly one of my favorite husker plays, but it gets very little mention and alot of people i talk with about the huskers dont remember it. Just curious.

1978. Alabama Vs Nebraska. I was 8 years old and attended it with my Dad and my Grandpa. Coach Osborne beating Bear Bryant shocking the entire country. Giving Bama their only defeat of the season.

Best Moment

1995. Seeing Coach Osborne being carried around by his players after they had just beat Miami for the Sears Trophy.

Best Game

1996. Attending the Fiesta Bowl and watching the Cornhuskers completely dismantle the Foridia Gators.

I've never actually been there for a game, sure as heck want to though, if I can, I would love to take my family to the Red/White game if finances and my Mid Tour leave from Iraq will work out. The closest I ever came to it was flying around the Stadium twice in a connection flight during the sCUm game in 1994, during the 1st quarter. It was tied during the 1st, and I didn't hear anything else till I landed in N. Platte and we had started pulling away from them, if I remember it was 28-7 when I landed. I'd dealt with haters of the Big Red Machine all through Basic Training, the whole time telling people that we were gonna go the whole way.

Best Moment

Screaming and shouting in the dayroom as a PVT in Korea whatching Schlesenger ( I know I butchered his name) run those 2 TDs in the 4th Quarter after hearing everyone there tell me that NU was through that game after UM got up on us.

Best Game

Would be a toss-up, between the 94 and 95 championships. I know I have yet to exsperience an actual game in that Sacred Stadium, but it doesn't mean I don't feel a connection to it that every husker fan does.