1st Game, Best Moment, Best Game

1st Game at Memorial Stadium

1970. Army Vs Nebraska. My uncle took along with his family. Don't remember much about the game except it was loud and my uncle put his cigar out in my soda before I was done drinking it. My uncle assure me before the game started that NU would clobber Army because all Army's best players were off fighting in Vietnam. I think they did but I can't remember what the final score was.

Best Moment

I don't have a single best moment. Just being on the same field with guys like Gill, Fryer, Rozier, Craig...that's more than enough for me. Let's face it...getting your ass handed to you doesn't really qualify as a "Best Moment" in anybodys book but, looking back, it isn't so bad when your ass is handed to you by some of the greatest football talent ever.

Best Game

1983 ISU vs Nebraska. Yeah...it was a blow out but I caught 2 passes for a grand total of six yards plus totally blew up some Smith kid on a kick off return. Blow outs were the meat and potatos for us non-starting guys..I got a lot of playing time in 1983...and 1982....and 1984....but the 83 game stands out for me. You don't realize how many 4 and Outs you can squeeze into a regulation collegiate football game until you live through one. Anyway...I think there were a lot of personal, team and Big 8 records set that day...and you can safely assume not a lot of them were set by our side. My kids loves that game too...he watches the video tape and just laughs and laughs... <_<

I don't think that this was my first game because I remember watching Joel Makovicka play but the game that I know for sure that I attended was the 2000 Nebraska vs Iowa game. I remember us just smashing Iowa and before and after the game I like to go down to the tunnel walk and take pictures and to receive some hand shakes. But I remember Kyle VandenBosch coming off of the field with a N on one side of his helmet and a Hawkeye emblem on the other side. I'm going to have to go find that picture and show you guys.

Best Moment

Would have to be the Iowa State game this year because I took my g/f's Dad to this game. The last time that he was at a game was back in 94' so he was due for one. I tell you what it was like taking a kid to the circus for the first time buy the way he was enjoying the new stadium to the big screen in the North Endzone to the Jets flying over our heads in the South Stadium. I'm also taking him to his first Nebraska Baseball game on April 18th and I can't wait to see his expressions once again.

Best Game

Again this one is in 2000 against Colorado when Josh Brown Kicked the winning field goal. I watched this game under the South Stadium behind the Endzone where the fence is....you know the fence which is directly under the sits and behind the goal posts and you have the photographers sitting and blocking your view. My sister got my brother and I tickets in the student section and before the game they went to sit in the sits while I took pictures of the players coming out of the tunnel. After that was over I went to the seats and couldn't find them..hell they weren't even at their right seats. So the whole game I watch from behind that fence but I got to see Carlos Polk come off the field...I got to tap him on his shoulder pads when he got injuried. But it was cool when it got to the wire and everybody was lining up at the tunnel walk to shake the players hands and all we could do was pass information down to one another like a chain reaction on what the play by play was. I remember a girl yelling out "We're in field goal range" and then everybody started cheering and it gave me goosebumps. So anyways when Josh Brown went to kick the field goal you could literally hear a pin drop as everybody was quite. When Josh made that field goal the WHOLE stadium erupted with cheers and I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT PLACE GET SO LOUD BEFORE. It just gives me goosebumps right now thinking about it right now. To top it off I had a football game here in South Sioux City that same day at 10 a.m. for a JV game against Ralston for a make-up game and I had two sacks and an interception in that game and then go to the NU vs CU game right after and experience that game....that was an amazing day.

First Game at Memorial Stadium- Wyoming 1994. Got in for free cuz dad told the ticket guy that he couldnt find a babysitter (was five years old)

Best Moment 1999 Cal- blowout 45-0 Tenth birthday. (having a birthday in september is AWESOME) last game i went to with my dad before he died.

Best Game- Cal game was too fun. Kicker missed two chip shots in the south endzone where we were seated to preserve the shutout.

First game: Freshman year fall 1996 against the MSU Spartans and it was a slaughter my West Coast ass with USC ties had never really seen or appreciated.

Best moment: That's tough, the 99 home games against TAMU and Kstate were flat out great. Loud crowd, dominating defense, and just big fun all the way around. Then again so was 1997 on the whole.

Best game: I suppose 2000 at ND doesn't count, or 1997 at Mizzou, nor even 1998 against Texas because of the result, so I guess I will say 1999 against Kstate. Complete beatdown, complete with our section chanting "Same old K State" to be heard for all.

First Game: 1998 Vs Kansas

it was a great game....41-0 on homecoming, the way homecoming should be done. i dont remember who it was, but i remember a great TD reception that was tipped then was reeled in by a Husker. a great first game experience when i was 8 years old.

Best Moment: Pre-game for the USC game. (2007)

I've never heard Memorial Stadium louder than it was that night before kickoff. the Husker Power chants were bone chilling.

Best Game: 2001 vs Notre Dame

Blackshirts dominated, Crouch played great.....always great to beat the Irish. Best part about this game was ESPN's College Gameday, i was there and remember watching the skydiver come from out of nowhere to deliver Corso's prediction.

First Game at Memorial Stadium: 1994 versus UCLA, I was seven years old and my dad took me. Still one of my most memorable moments to this date.

Worst Moment at Memorial Stadium: Thought I'd switch it up a bit, 2006 versus Texas Tech, not only did the Huskers have the win until the lineman fumbled his interception, I spent the first three quarters of the game in the bathroom with a bloody nose that WOULD NOT quit bleeding

Best Game at Memorial Stadium: 2007 KState game.... even with such a down year it's always good to dominate those pussies

First Game at Memorial Stadium: 1994 versus UCLA, I was seven years old and my dad took me. Still one of my most memorable moments to this date.

Worst Moment at Memorial Stadium: Thought I'd switch it up a bit, 2006 versus Texas Tech, not only did the Huskers have the win until the lineman fumbled his interception, I spent the first three quarters of the game in the bathroom with a bloody nose that WOULD NOT quit bleeding

Best Game at Memorial Stadium: 2007 KState game.... even with such a down year it's always good to dominate those pussies

Is this Jake Dendinger by chance?

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

Got beat by Washington State

Best Moment at Memorial Stadium

The debut of Turner Gill, came in and led a rally that beat Auburn. South end zone. Rain. We stayed the whole game clad in garbage bags.

Best Game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium

We beat Oklahoma for the last game ever played in the BIG 8.

Good day, Bad day, Win, Lose. Any time in Lincoln is a blessing.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

First game: 1951 loss to Penn State, I do not remember much of it, other than my grandfather being bezerk.

The other two are anytime I get to a game and there have been many.

But being at the Florida game and watching Spurrier throw his visor so many times was just wonderful.

Seeing Tom Carried off the field was fantastic all three times.

2001 vs K-State. Senior day and Crouchs last home game

Best Moment at Memorial Stadium

The 2006 Texas game. Even though we lost that place was electric

Best Game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium

I think the Pitt game in like 04. Up and down and those field goal misses/blocks at the end were awesome. Plus we got to see Puds past, present, and future all in one game and we didnt know it.

First Game: I dont Remember who it was against but it was 86 or 87, i was 1 or 2 and my parents told me i feel asleep in the ladies lap sitting next to us.

Best Moment at Memorial Stadium: Nov 24th 2000 against Colorado. It was my first husker game with out my parents and my cousin and i saved money for a whole year to go to this game and out tickets happened to be 5 rows up. high enought you can see the field but low enough to see the steam off the players heads. the best part was Josh Brown kicked the winning feild goal right in front of us. i still keep the ticket stub in my wallet to this day.

Best Game I've ever watched at Memorial Stadium: I would have to say the same game as the best game i have ever watched at the stadium.