DE Kevin Young

It seems what jayhawk is saying is that there are probably other reasons - not the ones he gives out in the interview, but his own - that he preferred Kansas over Nebraska. That's fine. The whole PT/recruiting other DEs thing is probably just some generic thing he gave out because he had to say something. I'm sure there were plenty of other contributing reasons.

I disagree. Kids that age aren't exactly versed in in how to effectively or evasively answer questions from the press. I think he probably meant exactly what he said. Maybe he got scared off by Ankrah, who knows. There may have been other factors, but I highly doubt he was trying to throw anyone off the scent.

It seems what jayhawk is saying is that there are probably other reasons - not the ones he gives out in the interview, but his own - that he preferred Kansas over Nebraska. That's fine. The whole PT/recruiting other DEs thing is probably just some generic thing he gave out because he had to say something. I'm sure there were plenty of other contributing reasons.

"My heart wasn't in Nebraska .."

"I didn't feel right at Nebraska .."

"I just felt better with the coaches at Kansas .."

"I think Kansas has a better shot at success .." (Lets face it, in recent history this is true)

----

I just named off 4 quick things he could have easily said that sounded alot better than him basically saying "I do not want to compete."

I don't know what the kid thought or what he was doing, but it comes off sounding really, really bad. And it's sad, because Kevin could battle with any of our DE's, if he was willing to.

But he's an 17-18 year old kid. We all said silly things then. But as an athlete, he's gonna have to develop some of that 'swagger' sooner or later.

"I think Kansas has a better shot at success .." (Lets face it, in recent history this is true)

----

I just named off 4 quick things he could have easily said that sounded alot better than him basically saying "I do not want to compete."

I don't know what the kid thought or what he was doing, but it comes off sounding really, really bad. And it's sad, because Kevin could battle with any of our DE's, if he was willing to.

But he's an 17-18 year old kid. We all said silly things then. But as an athlete, he's gonna have to develop some of that 'swagger' sooner or later.

Thats cool but if the kid doesn't want to go to a school you don't have to sound off and make him look like a bad person. It would be great if he would come here but he doesn't want to so I will move on from him

Hate to burst you boys bubble, but I would reiterate from earlier that KU has a lot more PT competition coming in to compete with Young. YOu all have better DEs today, but we have a lot of good ones coming rate as high as Young, and we are still recruiting too.

I also do not agree with you on another point. If I am the 5th best RB in the country and 1-4 are at USC, I probably don't go there. It is not fear, it is practical. I probably could have a bigger impact at a different school, and there are a lot of great programs. If I am a Juco QB coming into this year, with 2 years to play, I am not going to Florida. I want a chance to play, and Tebow is not gonna sit. I would go someplace that the job would be a possibility, not a settled matter form day one....

P.S. I wish KU had this issue of 5 stars coming out our ears, but alas, no.

So why does USC continue to get the top kids? Your comment is not backed up by the number of players they get in the top tier of the recruits. I am not sure Kevin is going to get the respect he should be getting because he backed out of two school and then went back. If I was Mangino, I would have told him the scholarship is gone and you need to sleep in the bed you made....now I completely understand that is easier to say than actually do. I am not sure how college coaches can handle this year after year. I would go absolutely crazy!!!!

Best of luck to you Kevin....I hope he doesn't crack under the pressures of college football!

Because USC is basically the Pro team for LA, and they almost all go to the NFL, and they have an NFL coach, and Will Ferrell, Snoop Dogg and the rest show up on the sideline. Kids digg that. Leinart even dated Paris Hilton.

I agree kids do it, but I am just saying, if I am a top player and USC has the 3 guys in fron tof me already, I am going to another place. Can't show what I can do from the bench...

Priest Holmes barely played in College (RIcky WIlliams), and if Barry Sanders been a little different age, either he or Thruman Thomas would have been screwed too. I don't think it makes one a coward to go to a situation where they have a good chance to be successful.

Maybe you would not have gotten Marlon Lucky if Reggie Bush was not a Sophmore at USC with Lendale white and a heard of other talent behind him waiting for time...

The also had Soph 4 star Chauncey Washington, Junior 4 star Hershel Dennis, Junior 4 star Brandon Hancock coming back. No wonder Lucky, nor anyone welse, wanted to go there for a while. By 2006 there was light in the playing time tunnel, and a 5 star and 2 4 stars drop right in. In hindsight, Lucky would probably not have played, at least he played for the Huskers...

----

Thats cool but if the kid doesn't want to go to a school you don't have to sound off and make him look like a bad person. It would be great if he would come here but he doesn't want to so I will move on from him

How in the world did you get that I am making him sound like a bad person?

I said in that post and in numerous posts that he lacked self-confidence. Anyone who reads his words about other guys at his position can tell he lacks self-confidence. Definitely can develop that though, it's just a bit odd that a kid with his talent level does not have it yet.

----

How in the world did you get that I am making him sound like a bad person?

I said in that post and in numerous posts that he lacked self-confidence. Anyone who reads his words about other guys at his position can tell he lacks self-confidence. Definitely can develop that though, it's just a bit odd that a kid with his talent level does not have it yet.

Woops, my bad I should have clearified it. I meant about him sounding bad, not making him look like a bad person. I miss-wrote it

dedhoarse

someone should close this thread

:yeah

He's gone, cya bye and lets move on. And BTW I only stop by this thread to see if there is any real new news. And of course to enjoy the respect shown by fellow Huskers. :cheers

That's the whole point of this board you silly. Saying we need to move on implies that we have some sort of control in all of this.