Height: 6'5"

Weight: 225 lbs.

40 time: 4.88

Vertical: 28.9 inches

Shuttle: 4.93

stats via Scout

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered:

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ohio State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent:

"Kevin Young is a defensive end that is just starting to come in to his potential. He has a great frame and does a tremendous job of rushing the passer. He pursues well down the line against the run and does not give up on plays." - via Scout

Very athletic DE from Kansas. Should pick up quite a few offers.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

KEVINYOUNG11_1150.JPG

Yeah I'd say he's a little small and not very fast either for being only 200 lbs. Would consider him pretty slow for a LB also.

4.8 is plenty fast for a high school DE and pretty good for an high school LB. Most reported 40 times are grossly inaccurate anyways. Just take a look at the numbers from this years combine. The average WR time was 4.67 or something. Take a look at this article: 40 times

Both Scout and Rivals have taken steps to ensure that their 40 times are much more accurate than in the past, and as this guy went to a Scout.com combine, I tend to believe their number.

• 3 months later...

Nebraska offered during camp this past week.

Free Scout article:

Busy Week For Kansas Defensive End

By Baron Flenory Jr.

Midland Regional Manager

Posted Jun 13, 2008

Defensive End Kevin Young is a man on a mission. Over a six day span Young will have taken in three camps and two unofficial visits. Young started out his week with an All-Combine team performance at the Under Armour Scout.com combine. Young then ventured to Lincoln, NE for the Huskers three camp and will finish up at the Super Jayhawks Elite Prospect Camp.

"The Nebraska camp was a three day camp, but I only went up there for one day", said Young. "I went in and dominated so the coaches decided to offer me."

At camps end, Young and his family toured the facilities.

"I got a chance to see the weight room, the Hall of All-Americans, and some of the academic buildings. I loved it."

"The tradition is great. The Hall of All-Americans showed all of the past letter winners and all the great alumni."

After Young saw all he had to see he went home to get ready to tour another Big 12 school.

"I took an unofficial visit at KU today"

"It went great. They took me around to see the new facilities and the classrooms" says Young. "The new facilities aren't done but they showed me the plans for it and it is going to be a great place."

The Olathe North High School prospect left Lawrence, KS impressed. So impressed that he is turning right back around tomorrow to finish off his week at Kansas's one day camp.

"I am going to the Super Jayhawk Camp but I'm not doing much", admits Young. "The coaches told me not to do the one on one stuff, but to do all the drills."

"They want to see me work my moves and work on technique and my hand placement."

The two schools run neck and neck, and Young explained why.

"Nebraska has been down some but their tradition is great. Coach (Bo) Pelini is going to bring them back."

"He came from LSU and he brought in great coaches that have proven they can win. He is also a defensive mind, so Nebraska fits my style."

"Kansas is close to home, they have great academics, and the program is on the rise."

"Seeing the new facilities show that they want thing to happen and they are taking the step to see that those things happen."

Although Young has named his two favorites, he is taking his time on a commitment.

"I am torn now. Both schools are pulling me in different directions. I want to wait to see a game at both schools to see their coaching styles. So I am going to wait to see those go before I make a decision.

Scout.com will track Young at the Super Jayhawks Camp tomorrow to bring to up to date information on his recruitment.

Also holds offers from Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State

Nebraska offered during camp this past week.

Free Scout article:

Busy Week For Kansas Defensive End

By Baron Flenory Jr.

Midland Regional Manager

Posted Jun 13, 2008

Defensive End Kevin Young is a man on a mission. Over a six day span Young will have taken in three camps and two unofficial visits. Young started out his week with an All-Combine team performance at the Under Armour Scout.com combine. Young then ventured to Lincoln, NE for the Huskers three camp and will finish up at the Super Jayhawks Elite Prospect Camp.

"The Nebraska camp was a three day camp, but I only went up there for one day", said Young. "I went in and dominated so the coaches decided to offer me."

At camps end, Young and his family toured the facilities.

"I got a chance to see the weight room, the Hall of All-Americans, and some of the academic buildings. I loved it."

"The tradition is great. The Hall of All-Americans showed all of the past letter winners and all the great alumni."

After Young saw all he had to see he went home to get ready to tour another Big 12 school.

"I took an unofficial visit at KU today"

"It went great. They took me around to see the new facilities and the classrooms" says Young. "The new facilities aren't done but they showed me the plans for it and it is going to be a great place."

The Olathe North High School prospect left Lawrence, KS impressed. So impressed that he is turning right back around tomorrow to finish off his week at Kansas's one day camp.

"I am going to the Super Jayhawk Camp but I'm not doing much", admits Young. "The coaches told me not to do the one on one stuff, but to do all the drills."

"They want to see me work my moves and work on technique and my hand placement."

The two schools run neck and neck, and Young explained why.

"Nebraska has been down some but their tradition is great. Coach (Bo) Pelini is going to bring them back."

"He came from LSU and he brought in great coaches that have proven they can win. He is also a defensive mind, so Nebraska fits my style."

"Kansas is close to home, they have great academics, and the program is on the rise."

"Seeing the new facilities show that they want thing to happen and they are taking the step to see that those things happen."

Although Young has named his two favorites, he is taking his time on a commitment.

"I am torn now. Both schools are pulling me in different directions. I want to wait to see a game at both schools to see their coaching styles. So I am going to wait to see those go before I make a decision.

Scout.com will track Young at the Super Jayhawks Camp tomorrow to bring to up to date information on his recruitment.

Also holds offers from Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State

nothing against the hawks...as long as they don't play nebraska that week, but "have great academics' seems a little off, how many schollies are they losing this year again?

• 3 weeks later...