DE Kevin Young

EE wont qualify from what I gather so this is a very big need.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I have a question. How do people know these things. I've seen this about EE now and about the 4 star DB that just committed. If they won't qualify why would the coaching staff offer? How could people on the message boards know but not the coaching staff?

I guess I need someone to educate me here. If people won't qualify, couldn't you determine that early and justr avoid them? Why even offer?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I have a question. How do people know these things. I've seen this about EE now and about the 4 star DB that just committed. If they won't qualify why would the coaching staff offer? How could people on the message boards know but not the coaching staff?

I guess I need someone to educate me here. If people won't qualify, couldn't you determine that early and justr avoid them? Why even offer?

you hear this on about every recruit and yet just about all of them end up on campus.

Dont worry about it.

You can look at their GPA, core grades or test scores and get an idea.

But it's still good to offer kids you think are talented but know have no chance to qualify. You can then sign and place the kid at a JUCO or even prep school, watch his progress, then have an easier time to recruit the kid in 2-3 years if he is worthy. Kids will feel loyalty to a school that recruited them and the JUCO school will push them back your way for helping put a talented kid in their program. Same for prep schools.

Not saying that is the case with Evans, because I have no idea if we will even place the kid, although we likely will. But guys like Broderick Hunter, Ricky Henry, Wallace Franklin, Aaron Schulte are all guys we placed then watched the progress of in JUCO.