DE Kevin Young

To be honest I didn't really waist my time reading this whole thread. What I did read was what he had to say to the press. IMO he is very disrespectfull or ignorant about how you talk to the press. He basically said he felt he was being told one thing and another was happening. In the same sentence he said "they are still recruiting DE's and I felt my best change at success is at Kansas". Maybe not the exact words but you get the picture. I don't think we need anyone that can't decide between the right hand or the left and then really doesn't have the desire to have any competition. I have nothing against this kid, I just don't think his heart is in the right place for NU. Good luck to him and after reading what he had to say, I wouldn't really care to hear from him again as a coach.

^ Congrats to you guys JGS30.

Ah, such is recruiting...hmph. we'll deal. Best of luck to Mr. Young...Kansas, looks like you've won this one.

Yeah I guess, but we already have some pretty good DE's already in our class. I'd much rather of seen Earnest Norman flip flop back to us. Can we have him back?? PLEASE? Heck, I think we'd give you Young back for Norman. We're going to be hurting at linebacker next year! I think Norman has the talent to see some time as a true Freshman.

Ah, such is recruiting...hmph. we'll deal. Best of luck to Mr. Young...Kansas, looks like you've won this one.

Yeah I guess, but we already have some pretty good DE's already in our class. I'd much rather of seen Earnest Norman flip flop back to us. Can we have him back?? PLEASE? Heck, I think we'd give you Young back for Norman. We're going to be hurting at linebacker next year! I think Norman has the talent to see some time as a true Freshman.

Really? I seem to remember some Kansas fans, I don't remember if you were included, who were like "y'all can have Norman, it's the Young loss that really hurts." But you know, Norman is actually not committed to NU anymore, because of grades issues...so, you guys can have him back! If he can qualify at Kansas...which might be a longshot. So if you don't get both your guys back, it won't be a problem on your side.

(Feel free to give us back Young anyways though! :D heh.)

This was U-G-L-Y!!!!!

Is there a back story here?

Think Josh Freeman. You think you are done recruiting a position, only to find out at the very last minute someone is switching when you can do absolutely nothing to change their mind. Coaches were completely blindsided by this.

For the record, we should have been thinking Josh Freeman. You all stole him late in the process. He then must have decided karma is a bugger, and that he did not want to be a Josh Freeman, and went back to his original decision....

Yeah, I think Norman is kind of a train wreck. I feel sorry for that kid, something not right there.

Fired up to get Young back. THe whoele situation is tough, 18 year olds are not always the best at managing this process, but that is who manages it... I for one welcome him back, we need to get some good players out of our own state.

So was it really about us still wanting Logan or possibly JPP? Either way, now getting Logan or JPP becomes a need not a luxury.

We don't really need another DE in this class. Probably should have one more, but not a deal breaker. And Ankrah looks pretty good as the one we do have. With Allen and Turner back as the likely starters and J. Williams and Meredith as redshirt frosh, we look just fine.