Player:Morgan Newton

Hometown: Carmel, IN

Position: Pro-style QB

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska

Schools of Interest: Purdue, Notre Dame, Minnesota, Louisville, Kentuky, Iowa, Indiana, Clemson, NU

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star #71 overall, #10 QB

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star #7 QB

Assessing the talent: Per Scout -One of the top Quarterback prospects in the class of 2009. Started in six varsity games as a sophomore guiding Carmel to a 5-1 record. He completed 30 of 51 attempts for 464 yards, 7 TD's and 3 INT's. He also ran for 200 yards on 38 carries.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%, NU is first to offer

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...

I know Kentucky has become a bigger name than before but two major qb-recuits in the same class? Wow. I wonder if both will still be there come signing-day, I'm sure suitors will be pointing out the competition and potential to find yourself doing garbage-time or transferring-out.

I know Kentucky has become a bigger name than before but two major qb-recuits in the same class? Wow. I wonder if both will still be there come signing-day, I'm sure suitors will be pointing out the competition and potential to find yourself doing garbage-time or transferring-out.

Playing on ESPN right now. #22 Carmel vs Cathedral

Playing on ESPN right now. #22 Carmel vs Cathedral

Will reshow on ESPNU at 7:30pm EDT and 1:30 am EDT