OL Andy Christensen Suspended.

I don't know what he did, or did not do. But I do know most of you have him convicted already. I did some checking.

The police call came in at 12:32 A.M.

The police arrested him as he came out of the bar. (I don't know if it has changed, but 15 years ago the bars started turning the lights on and telling you last call 20 minutes before close=1:00 A.M.)

I also remember that you had to be out of the bar at least by about 1:05 A.M.

So lets say he exits at 1:10 A.M.

That is 38 minutes after the call came in.

That means there was no time for her to go down and get examined by police.

That also means that as he came out of the the bar and was thrown on the ground and arrested, the police did all of this because someone called and said he sexually assaulted them. WITH NO INVESTIGATION.

I don't know about you, but that scares the crap out of me.

Hey, if he really did assault her, he deserves what he gets, but I think its to soon to lay judgement.

Police, don't examine sexual assault complaintants. They send them down to the E.R. The problem is there is no way for anyone to actually say, "Yes she was penetrated" if it was only with a finger or something. Now if someone is raped they actually swab and get a sample of bodily fluids and get evidence that way. All it takes is her telling her side of the story, having a witness, and the cuffs go on. Of course his side of the story is going to be different unless he's crazy enough to say, "Yeah I did that!" Most people don't just make up stories out of the blue though.

Does not really matter anyways. With the other crap he pulled that night, he was going to jail anyways.

People really need to stop worrying about if Andy is going to be on the team. They need to worrying about whether or not Andy will serve jail time. First degree sexual assault is a C2 felony. If Andy is convicted of this crime, he faces a MINIMUM 1 year sentence. Max is a 50 year sentence.

Why bother making the Brass Rail off limits....? As much as I really don't care for the place personally, it isn't the Brass Rail that is the problem. It is the attitude of the players getting into trouble.

If you put the Brass Rail off limits, or any other establishment, they would just find somewhere else to get into their trouble.

I am sure this gal didn't just make it up, and I am willing to bet that they weren't the only two people there - they had witnesses. And I am betting the cops arrested him based on statements not only from the girl, but from people that were there besides them.

In any circumstance, if your dumb enough to put yourself into that position, you pretty much deserve what you get. My mother always told me that nothing good ever happens after midnight - and I did try to prove her wrong once or twice, to no avail. <_<

Sooo... Heres your inside scoop.

A guy I work with is a friend of Andy's and went to Lincoln to go out with him one last time before spring camp. He told me today that Andy grabbed the chick and when the cops grabbed him they went airborn. It took 6 cops to finally get him down. My buddy tried to get a bail paid for him but they wouldnt set one so he had to stay in Jail. He had court this morning, as soon as I hear what they are doing to him I will keep you posted.

Also, he told me Andy is being made as an example that Bo isnt putting up with anything and is gone from the team for good.

BTW, Christensen was HAMMERED

Stupid. Coach Pelini should come down hard on him--off the team. He should also make the Brass Rail off limits. Isn't that where Purify got arrested?

Mo got busted at the alley.

The rail is one of the spots that the football member do frequent though.

That's right. But the guy he fought at the Alley was a bouncer at the Brass Rail so it did have roots there.

A guy I work with is a friend of Andy's and went to Lincoln to go out with him one last time before spring camp. He told me today that Andy grabbed the chick and when the cops grabbed him they went airborn. It took 6 cops to finally get him down. My buddy tried to get a bail paid for him but they wouldnt set one so he had to stay in Jail. He had court this morning, as soon as I hear what they are doing to him I will keep you posted.

Also, he told me Andy is being made as an example that Bo isnt putting up with anything and is gone from the team for good.

Those cops probably should've used a tazer. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets charged with assaulting a police officer then.

My mother always told me that nothing good ever happens after midnight

I'm going to take a wild guess and bet you were conceived after midnight...

I'll have to check with mom on that one Cy, I am betting that it was probably sometime around there though, knowing Mom, and what she was like in her younger days. I didn't ever think I could get one over on her, because she had pretty much been there and done that....Mom was a little wilder than me, and sometimes still is. :corndance:corndance

Those cops probably should've used a tazer. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets charged with assaulting a police officer then.

:bang No matter how you look at it, he is screwed. Sexual Assault means you get to register for the rest of your life and carry that label around, and the resisting arrest don't make you any friends in the court system when you do get before a judge to explain your side. Pretty hard to explain why it took 6 cops to take one guy down, unless he was actually resisting, though. :box I know I wouldn't have wanted to be one of the first one or two cops there to do it though - and I am no little guy anymore either...

IIRC, you are a cop, correct? What is the proper procedure in a case like that? I mean, a 300lbs drunk football player going nuts on everyone, including the cops. It would seem to me they left them little choice to get him under control. How they managed to without doing so (they may have, just have not heard it yet) is beyond me from the type of fight Andy was reportedly putting up.

The kid is an idiot. Regardless of any legal definition, what he did was wrong, stupid and indefensible. These kids think that they can and should get away with anything. Pelini was right to suspend him indefinitely. If he is found guilty, whether he is kicked off the team or not will be irrelevant. He will go to jail.

I pulled my share of pranks over time. This is no prank.

The kid is an idiot. Regardless of any legal definition, what he did was wrong, stupid and indefensible. These kids think that they can and should get away with anything. Pelini was right to suspend him indefinitely. If he is found guilty, whether he is kicked off the team or not will be irrelevant. He will go to jail.

I pulled my share of pranks over time. This is no prank.

Probably why it is considered a felony... dedhoarse

I have been drunk and pretty rowdy as a teen, but I never would have dreamed of doing something like this, even as drunk as I may have been I knew what would get my butt tossed in jail for a long time to come.

My coworker told me this morning that his bail is $500,000. Andy's dad is bailing him out today.

When He hears more hes gonna let me know

It will only actually take $50,000 to get him out, his dad will probably have to sign over the family dwelling as bond...if that was my son, I think I would let him sit there for a few days and enjoy the hospitality of the Lincoln Police Dept, after he kicked some of their butts...maybe next time he would respect the cops a little more than what he did this time.

As more details are coming out it doesn't sound like Bo is making and "example" here. It sounds more like he's simply doing what needs to be done. Being and "example" is getting a little extra punishment to let other know that such activities will be dealt with in a severe manner.

I guess the strength training program was doing better than we thought.