More players in trouble with the law

well, in Mo's case there is no excuse...maybe he and Andy can share a cell.....the whole degradation of college football players is accelerated by giving these guys break after break, it happens everywhere, not just here. as role models these kids are huge failure and losers as well..sad.

i for one, am just sick of the excuses and free pass policy...

Damn.....Bo has some decisions to make now. Does he kick these two fools off of the team as well of Andy???? You couldn't pay me enough to be a college coach with the way these morons act. I don't want to hear that this is something all college kids do....it is obvious this happens and I did the same things. However, the big difference between the average college student and these guys is the fact that they are representing the athletic department of a major university.

now Purify will probably not be drafted and Nicks has no chance of going second round as some projects put him, maybe not even first day depends on what else happens with this

I doubt Nicks is penalized... "Coach, I got ticketed for being at a loud party". If he impressed the NFL scounts and coaches, he'll go on day 1.

Purify on the other hand, has shown to completely lack common sense. I wouldn't want him on any team I coached. He's trouble waiting to happen.

Nicks was arrested though, not just ticketed. It sure isn't going to raise his draft stock. And Mo is on probation. Not sure what the conditions of his probation are, but this can't help. Jail time anyone?

Except, it really is a disorderly house if it had been 4 CU players, right?

Don't be blinded by your fanhood. This was incredibly stupid on all accounts, and they're going to regret it.

I doubt it's really going to amount to much or that it was as stupid as you say. It's a frickin house party. Now if there were wild accusations of brawling, drug abuse or even worse sexual assaults then it would be different. I almost got arrested by an Omaha cop once who told me to leave a residence while I was waiting for a safe ride hime. They didn't even resist arrest which is smarter than most of our players it seems like.

Don't be blinded by your fanhood and assume that CU is the only team that gets a bad rap. Along with this and the recent incident with Christensen and the ever persistent black eye of Lawrence Phillips Husker fans are on the defense everywhere they go.

Everyone talks about the symptoms and not the problem...the problem is the behavior itself, not whether or not the police "overreact". These guys demonstrate why the program has taken a swirl down the crapper: no self-respect, maturity and judgment. No responsibility.

Some argue that they're only 18 to 22 year olds, and that they should be cut some slack. Tell that to the guys of the same age that are getting shot at by some raghead in Iraq or Afganistan.

Everyone talks about the symptoms and not the problem...the problem is the behavior itself, not whether or not the police "overreact". These guys demonstrate why the program has taken a swirl down the crapper: no self-respect, maturity and judgment. No responsibility.

Has taken? Were you not around in the 90's?

"being inmates of a disorderly house" AR, you have a legal point on this? It seems like a crock to me.

Not a clue. I'm guessing - and it's just a guess - that it's a city ordinance of some kind as opposed to a state law. But, again, I don't know, not living in Nebraska any longer.

Yeah, it's from the Lincoln Municipal Code:

9.20.030 Disorderly House; Maintaining.

The term "disorderly house" as used in this chapter shall be deemed to be any room, house,

building, structure, or premises, where unlawful or illegal acts are being committed. It shall be

unlawful for the owner, lessee, resident, manager, or proprietor of any room, house, building,

structure, or premises to knowingly collect or permit to be collected therein persons who are

engaging in any unlawful act, or to knowingly make, cause, permit, or suffer to be made therein any

loud or improper noise to the annoyance or disturbance of any person or neighborhood.

9.20.040 Inmate of Disorderly House.

It shall be unlawful for any person to be an inmate of or visit or frequent any disorderly

house as declared in Section 9.20.030 with knowledge of, and participation in, the illegal activities

occurring therein.

9.20.045 Disorderly House; Penalty for Violations.

(a) Any person who violates Section 9.20.030 or Section 9.20.040 shall be guilty of a

misdemeanor and upon conviction of a first offense shall be punished by imprisonment in the county

jail for a period not to exceed six months, or by a fine of not less than $250.00 nor more than

$500.00, recoverable with costs, or both such fine and imprisonment.

(b ) Any person who violates Section 9.20.030 or Section 9.20.040 and has had one

conviction for violation of either Section 9.20.030 or Section 9.20.040 in the ten years prior to the

date of the current conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of

not to exceed six months, or by a fine of not less than $350.00 nor more than $500.00, recoverable

with costs, or both such fine and imprisonment.

(c ) Any person who violates Section 9.20.030 or Section 9.20.040 and has had two or more

convictions for violation of either Section 9.20.030 or Section 9.20.040 in the ten years prior to the

date of the current conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of

three days to six months and a fine of not less than $400.00 nor more than $500.00, recoverable with

costs.

A disorderly house.....you gotta be kidding me!!! Seems like the police were really reaching. If they had attemtped to leave, they would have ticketed them for drinking and driving or public intoxication at the rate things were going.

I doubt that. Usually if you comply with the officer's request and leave they'll let you go. (at any party I've attended anyway) And notice they didn't cite anyone other than the 10 who disobeyed the officers and stayed.

Also helps to have a DD during those times.

A disorderly house.....you gotta be kidding me!!! Seems like the police were really reaching. If they had attemtped to leave, they would have ticketed them for drinking and driving or public intoxication at the rate things were going.

I doubt that. Usually if you comply with the officer's request and leave they'll let you go. (at any party I've attended anyway) And notice they didn't cite anyone other than the 10 who disobeyed the officers and stayed.

Actually, the article mentions nothing about that. Likely, the other 10 were not players, so of course they were not mentioned. Putting their names in the paper doesn't sell articles.

I think that because players used to get away with so much there is now a backlash and they can't even do the same crap your average college-guy does.

But it does seem like too many of these players don't realize you gotta chill and comply when the cops show-up even if you don't agree with them being there. It isn't worth the trouble you'll get into genius.

These guys just don't get it do they? Maybe if a few of them are hauled in to jail they will wake up. Bo needs to lay down the law on these guys and make sure they know he is serious. This team is going to hell and the season hasn't even started.

Actually, the article mentions nothing about that. Likely, the other 10 were not players, so of course they were not mentioned. Putting their names in the paper doesn't sell articles.

I meant the police didn't cite anyone but the 10, according to the article...

Flood said police cited 10 partygoers who remained after officers told everyone to leave, including the four.