More players in trouble with the law

Did these guys notice what happened at Duke? Is that where we may be heading? I mean, at Duke, they didn't really even rape the gal, but look how long it took to come to that determination after they were accused! Are these guys ripe to have something like that happen in Lincoln, Nebraska or what? The seniors need to step up and take control and put a stop to this kind of behavior or Bo won't have a team to work with.

Message to the team:

Come on guys, grow up!! Act like you have a little sense of right and wrong. Have a good time, but don't be doing stupid crap that will land you in jail. You are not that much different than anyone else, and the law does apply to you equally. So, if you want to throw away your life - quit the team and do it on your own accord, don't take the University down with you.

Wow............If this kind of $hit keeps going we're gonna have another season like last year.

Yeah, and if some of the guys that went to combines are involved in this crap, it is going to cost them money in the NFL. Everyone keeps making excuses for them because they are young...they are young ADULTS and need to act like it. There is no excuse for stupid behavior, and these guys aren't stupid or they wouldn't be here in the first place.

It was the Duke men's lacrosse team, but that was a different situation. Those guys weren't arrested at the scene. I don't know the details of that case, but IIRC it was very much up in the air whether they were even there.

By the way, the Duke team was cleared of wrongdoing, if I recall.

"being inmates of a disorderly house" AR, you have a legal point on this? It seems like a crock to me.

Not a clue. I'm guessing - and it's just a guess - that it's a city ordinance of some kind as opposed to a state law. But, again, I don't know, not living in Nebraska any longer.

Yeah, it's from the Lincoln Municipal Code:

9.20.040 Inmate of Disorderly House.

It shall be unlawful for any person to be an inmate of or visit or frequent any disorderly

house as declared in Section 9.20.030 with knowledge of, and participation in, the illegal activities

occurring therein.

This is really a stupid law.

also, too bad at players being dumb :(

It was the Duke men's lacrosse team, but that was a different situation. Those guys weren't arrested at the scene. I don't know the details of that case, but IIRC it was very much up in the air whether they were even there.

By the way, the Duke team was cleared of wrongdoing, if I recall.

They were cleared, after they shut down the Lacrosse team for the season, and a lot of time in courts after the State Bar found that they had been railroaded. But if they were innocent, and went through all of that, imagine what it will be like if your even a little guilty.

Ha...Inmates at a Disorderly House? What kind of nonsense is that for real football players? Check this out from Saturday night:

Two current Northern Iowa football players and one former Panther were arrested early Sunday and charged with rioting in Cedar Falls.

Officers from the Cedar Falls, Waterloo and University of Northern Iowa police departments and the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department responded to numerous fights inside and outside the Main Event Center, 4807 University Ave., Suite 106, in Cedar Falls, according to the Cedar Falls Police Department.

Adam Roberts, 21, and Darrell Lloyd, 22, were arrested, as was former Northern Iowa offensive lineman and NFL prospect Brandon Keith, 24.

Roberts and Lloyd, both of whom last year joined the secondary and became starters, were charged with rioting and interference with official acts causing injury.

Roberts was also charged with disorderly conduct.

"The two players have been suspended indefinitely from the football program," Northern Iowa football coach and interim athletic director Mark Farley said in a statement. "The police investigation is ongoing. The young men's status as players will be reviewed once the investigation is complete."

Keith was charged with rioting, disorderly conduct and interference with official acts in the incident at the rental facility that can be used for private parties and events.

Roberts, Lloyd and Keith were not available for comment.

Officers attempted to disperse the crowds, but several individuals refused to leave and incited riot conditions, according to the release.

One subject charged at officers and a Taser was used, the release read.

Cedar Falls Police Captain Mike Hayes said Monday two officers with the city's department sustained broken bones during the altercation, but he did not name the officers.

Rioting is an aggravated misdemeanor and disorderly conduct is a simple misdemeanor. Interference with official acts causing injury is an aggravated misdemeanor and interference with official acts is a simple misdemeanor.

An aggravated misdemeanor is punishable by up to two years imprisonment and a fine up to $6,250.

A simple misdemeanor is punishable by up to 30 days imprisonment and a fine up to $625.

Keith finished his Panther career last season, earned Associated Press third-team all-America honors and was invited to the NFL Combine. According to NFL.com, Keith, a 6-5, 349-pounder from McAlester, Okla., was a "top performer" in the bench press, executing 31 repetitions at 225 pounds.

Lloyd ranked fifth in tackles for the Panthers in 2007 with 52. He also notched three interceptions and a team-best eight pass breakups.

Roberts totaled 41 tackles last season with three interceptions and four pass breakups.

Both Roberts and Lloyd were named to the Gateway Conference's all-newcomer team last season.

Four current or recent Northern Iowa players have been arrested in the past five months. Former safety Chris Parsons faces drug charges leveled in November after allegedly forging prescriptions.

Rioting! Tasers! Broken Bones! Now THAT, my friends, is how REAL football players party....Disorderly House indeed.... <_<

I think the season needs to start before anymore NU players do something stupid. Seriously, it's getting kind of ridiculous. Pretty soon we won't have any players because they will all either be injured (not that this is the "something" stupid I was talking about) or suspended.

I think Bo needs to have a meeting to tell them what he thinks of their shenanigans. Either that, or he needs to drop kick them.

Honestly I don't see this as a big deal at all. Disorderly house? A few MIPs? They had a party that got a little too loud. So what? I've been to parties like that when I was that age and I'm sure most of you have too. This is a total non-issue. Anything more than a slap on the wrist would be overzealous. Sexual assault? Very serious. Drinking at your place with your football buddies, most of whom are over 21? Not serious. Of course they shouldn't have done it or perhaps been more careful, but it's just not a big deal.

Too bad it might hurt Nicks and Purify on draft day anyway.

I wish these kids weren't drinking beer though. It slows you down. I know that if I was a D1 scholarship athlete, I'd be putting nothing but healthy stuff in my body.

I don't really agree with how these kids treat their bodies during the offseason, but they gotta enjoy the college experience too. They spend so much time in the weight room, in practice, in the film room, in class and etcetera, that I'm sure they're dying for a night where they can just let loose and throw a few back.

However, doing it responsibly is the first priority.