Come Clean all you Callahanahollics!

Bill Callahan Believers?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That first season was rough. I had some serious doubts then about his coaching abilities after that Southern Miss game... wow that was a tough loss. But then we would have games that would get my hopes up again, like the Michigan game. Basically it was a roller coaster ride with BC.

I had my doubts as soon as he was hired but after a few games, I realized he was an idiot and got ridiculed for it. I said things weren't the same and they weren't. Glad things are back to normal! Go big Red

Damn, Huskernation20 took my answer !

I could accept the USC loss (even though the team was woefully unprepaired)

But the Ball State fiasco was the straw that broke this bug eaters back.There is no reason on earth we should beat them by just one point,no reason, our second stringers should be able to take a MAC team.Also living in "The Repulic of Notre Dame" i.e. Indiana,I would have had to commit seppuku to save my honor.

P.S. I hate Barry Switzer

From the moment he was hired I thought it was a bad fit, and had reservations the entire tenure, swaying between 20% in his favor to as much as 70% in his favor, but no matter what I thought at any given time he was our coach and I was going to stick with him.. However I changed my mind this past season. It wasn't a specific game, rather a specific incident that was the final nail for me.

When Bowman made the statement by turning in his blackshirt and the rest of the team didn't follow, Callahan lost all my backing the moment he chastised Bowman instead of the team. That proved once and for all that he simply didn't care about the tradition, the players or senior leadership, and certainly didn't understand Nebraska football and never would.

I admit I at first thought he would be ok. But then came the West Coast offense. I just could not understand why he did not adjust his playbook to the players skills he had at the time, instead of just forcing it down the teams throat. Then when we went to Stillwater and got blown out in the second half I realized then that this bunch not only could not make adjustments but would not make them. Bo and his staff are a tremendous breath of fresh air and can't wait for the season to start. GBR! :woo

After the third season it was really apparent that we were only going to go downhill. There was no reason to believe otherwise. Then there was all the comments coming from the players (usually surfacing at the Brass Rail, of course). McKeon's attitude was just indicative of what the whole team's attitude was, they acted like they were just going to be handed the games and didn't even have to try....and they had absolutely no respect for the tradition or former players...that is what turned my attitude negative towards Callahan and Company, as well as some of the players that exhibited big mouths without being able to back them up on the field.

I had my doubts as soon as he was hired but after a few games, I realized he was an idiot and got ridiculed for it. I said things weren't the same and they weren't. Glad things are back to normal! Go big Red

Damn, Huskernation20 took my answer !

I could accept the USC loss (even though the team was woefully unprepaired)

But the Ball State fiasco was the straw that broke this bug eaters back.There is no reason on earth we should beat them by just one point,no reason, our second stringers should be able to take a MAC team.Also living in "The Repulic of Notre Dame" i.e. Indiana,I would have had to commit seppuku to save my honor.

P.S. I hate Barry Switzer

but not Hiri Kiri? i doubt you have the blood of the samurai in ya...but seriously i like ya.

The Mizzou game. I thought we had a good chance of winning, since the MU defense, up to that point really wasn't that dominate. The offense put up 40 points against USC but couldn't do a damn thing against MU. Since I live in MO, it was hard taking it from all the loser Tiger fans. Plus, he wouldn't fire his good buddy Coz.