Good Article

Not sure if this is even relevant, but just for fun I wanted to see how the 2007 NU team fared against this rating system:

Nevada - W (by 42) = 42

Wake Forest - W (by 1) = 1

USC - L (Top 10 team) = -10

Ball State - W (by 1) = 1

Iowa State - W (by 18) = 18

Mizzou - L (Top 10 team) = -10

OSU - L (Unranked) = -60

A&M - L (Unranked) = -60

Texas - L (Top 11-25 team) = -30

Kansas - L (Top 10 team) = -10

KSU - W (by 42) = 42

Colorado - L (Unranked) = -60

Total = -136

Rating = -11.33

I probably could have made a mistake somewhere along the way, but the rating definitely syncs up to what I thought of the 2007 team and coaching staff.

:cheers Here's to a positive rating in 2008!!! :cheers

Not sure if this is even relevant, but just for fun I wanted to see how the 2007 NU team fared against this rating system:

Nevada - W (by 42) = 42

Wake Forest - W (by 1) = 1

USC - L (Top 10 team) = -10

Ball State - W (by 1) = 1

Iowa State - W (by 18) = 18

Mizzou - L (Top 10 team) = -10

OSU - L (Unranked) = -60

A&M - L (Unranked) = -60

Texas - L (Top 11-25 team) = -30

Kansas - L (Top 10 team) = -10

KSU - W (by 42) = 42

Colorado - L (Unranked) = -60

Total = -136

Rating = -11.33

I probably could have made a mistake somewhere along the way, but the rating definitely syncs up to what I thought of the 2007 team and coaching staff.

:cheers Here's to a positive rating in 2008!!! :cheers

That looked interesting so I went ahead and did the Cyclones in 1995....I didn't know it was mathmatically possible to get a five digit negative rating using this formula....but apparently it is. <_<

Bah...pure bunk. Nebraska barely squeaked past the Cyclones by 60 points in 1995...

Dominance? I don't think so.... <_<

(I was at that game by the way...it was a lot closer than the 73-14 score indicates)

that's like walking around las vegas with 115 degree temperature and some idiot says, 'yes, but it's a DRY heat'.

Bah...pure bunk. Nebraska barely squeaked past the Cyclones by 60 points in 1995...

(I was at that game by the way...it was a lot closer than the 73-14 score indicates)

that's like walking around las vegas with 115 degree temperature and some idiot says, 'yes, but it's a DRY heat'.

I don't recall that game specifically, but I am guessing that Nebraska had 3rd and 4th stringers in the game in the 2d half. It has never been like Nebraska to intentionally run up the score, though I would be all for it in any game against CU, KSU, or Missouri. :corndance

I don't recall that game specifically, but I am guessing that Nebraska had 3rd and 4th stringers in the game in the 2d half. It has never been like Nebraska to intentionally run up the score, though I would be all for it in any game against CU, KSU, or Missouri. :corndance

What about Texas? They brought about all the changes in the Big 8 when it became the Big 12. As a Nebrska fan in Austin, and a UT grad, I have never liked UT or their fans. They talk and act like they were on the level of NU from 62-97, but they were not even in the same galaxy much less the hood or street. They talk like like champions but have not been at that level, save for 1 year, 2005, by the way that was one of the best for UT and worst as far as the conference was.