Draftguys TV - Sam Keller, QB, Nebraska

smb

those guys are completely wrong, Sam is known for being a gunslinger and he tends to challenge the defense too much and get himself in trouble that way. I think he will be a solid backup in the pros, similar to Damon Huard of the Chiefs.

No. He USED to be known as a gunslinger. They are spot on with their analysis of him going to the check-down receivers far too often ever since he got in a west coast system (Nebraska).

I don't think he makes it. Too awkward of a throwing motion. He has had problems everywhere he has went. I will be surprised if he is even drafted. Free Agent maybe a chance, but will be gone more quickly than Taylor is my guess.

Hope I am wrong, he gave us everything he had while he was here. But there is lot more talent out there and a lot already waiting on rosters. I think he has played his last days of meaningful football.

He may have had a monster season at ASU, but he had a very inconsistant season with us. At times he looked brilliant, like toward the end of the first half against wake forest. He can definetely toss the rock distance, but his accuracy is definetely suspect. I like Sam, appreciate every thing he has done for us, and i wish him the best, but i really dont see him being drafted. I think he will be an undrafted free agent and maybe a no. 3 qb in the pros

It is hard for anyone to make it in the NFL as a QB no matter how talented you are. With the injury that Sam had to end his year last year, I think his stock diminished. I can see him as a viable backup in the NFL, probably no more than that. I like Keller, but I believe that there is a lot more talent out there that is a little better (and believe me, I hate to say that).

I don't know. I was never really too impressed with Keller. But then again, I wasn't too fond of Taylor either. I just don't really like pocket QBs. There's something about them getting smashed when pressure is coming because they lack the agility and speed to get out of the way that I just don't like.

Oh wait, that is exactly what I don't like about pocket QBs. Ganz, Lee, and even Witt are much more elusive. And that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it.

I don't know. I was never really too impressed with Keller. But then again, I wasn't too fond of Taylor either. I just don't really like pocket QBs. There's something about them getting smashed when pressure is coming because they lack the agility and speed to get out of the way that I just don't like.

Oh wait, that is exactly what I don't like about pocket QBs. Ganz, Lee, and even Witt are much more elusive. And that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it.

:yeah I think the heart is there....but talent wise, eh...

The first time I saw Keller throw the ball I was like "What the F*** was that?!?!?!"

I really hope that he does good in the pros cause Nebraska hasn't really had a good QB go pro in a long time. So it would be nice for Keller to represent us even though his days at Nebraska wasn't the greatest.

I still wonder why his throwin' motion hasn't been corrected by now.

I think he'll be drafted, but I fear by the wrong team..Wouldn't mind seeing him at Green Bay, but maybe a couple years in the CFL would be good for him.

Think Cally will try to get him for the Jets?