Blackshirts making intense strides

In the Cyclone's 100 play scrimmage last Saturday, the defense managed to beat the offense by three points...which is kind of disheartening when you think about it....

Uh oh. I guess Nebraska's offense better watch out on the 18th of October!

:clap

Nah...I think what it means is that the ISU coaching staff better turn their kicker around and point him in the right direction before he tries another field goal....stupid freshmen walk-ons :angry:

yes, we should still be skeptical of the results we expect, BUT......the thing that is different here is that the guys are allowed to have fun, celebrate success at practice and see some immediate rewards from believing and working hard in Bo's system. building confidence is a precursor to any amount of success we might expect to see on defense this year. are we there yet?........hardly. is the atmosphere different, more upbeat and positive, undoubtedly. don't be fooled, it is going to be a tall order to improve alot on defense, but we are going to be aggressive trying, maybe even to a fault. this is a team that should get better as the year goes along (barring lots of injuries), not worse as it did under Cos. the kids should play with attitude and be fun to watch. :clap

I have some ocean front property in Arizona, you guys seem like likely prospects.

Just pulling your chains.

But honestly what do you expect to hear coming from the coaches.?

They suck, they can not learn, they will not learn, they will not try. Man are we in trouble. Pelini does not know anything.

Forget the hype. VaTech is the answer. When and only then will we know if all is right or on the way to being right.

Not buying anymore of this preseason bull anymore. Seeing is believeing. Real on real.

Remember last year we were beating SC, breaking the huddle National Champions. I want to believe it but have been burnt too many time recently to buy in.

Next or the following I may be swallowing all this stuff, but not this year.

But man o man I hope I am wrong.

Call me a Guppy and stick a hook in my mouth!

I always fall for the pretty ones.

(Even if they don't put out on a regular basis).

And after California falls into the Pacific, we will have ocean front property out here (AZ).

I have some ocean front property in Arizona, you guys seem like likely prospects.

They suck, they can not learn, they will not learn, they will not try. Man are we in trouble. Pelini does not know anything.

Forget the hype. VaTech is the answer. When and only then will we know if all is right or on the way to being right.

Not buying anymore of this preseason bull anymore. Seeing is believeing. Real on real.

Remember last year we were beating SC, breaking the huddle National Champions. I want to believe it but have been burnt too many time recently to buy in.

The honeymoon will continue until NU loses their first game. That's for sure.

Drink up! :koolaid2:

What happen's after we lose a game? I don't think there is 85,000 people that beleive we are going to go undefeated. I'm pretty sure we are going to see plenty of improvments, and I'm also pretty sure we will lose a game or two but I won't be calling for Bo's head when we do.

What happen's after we lose a game? I don't think there is 85,000 people that beleive we are going to go undefeated. I'm pretty sure we are going to see plenty of improvments, and I'm also pretty sure we will lose a game or two but I won't be calling for Bo's head when we do.

:wtf I believe we will go undefeated, and I will go out on a limb and say that we will beat New England 35-14 if they will relent and let us schedule them....at New England of course!! :corndance

:wtf I believe we will go undefeated, and I will go out on a limb and say that we will beat New England 35-14 if they will relent and let us schedule them....at New England of course!! :corndance

:) I knew you would post if I mentioned not going undefeated. That would be sweet if we did! I was just saying that I don't beleive the wheels are going to fall off the Husker machine if we lose a game.

During Nebraska's championship years of the 1990s, Brown said, no defense challenged the Husker offense like the Blackshirts each day in practice.

Those defenses were relentless, Brown said. Each practice, they hooted and hollered and had a good old time.

"That's what you're seeing with our defense right now," Brown said.

:koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

I'm just concerned about how the defense will react should their confidence be shaken a bit.

Will they think "Oh no, here we go. Just like last year." Or will they get back up and fight?

I think it will be the latter, but even with all this new attitude and aggressiveness, it still could be in the back of their minds.

I guess we'll see.

:) I knew you would post if I mentioned not going undefeated. That would be sweet if we did! I was just saying that I don't beleive the wheels are going to fall off the Husker machine if we lose a game.

I am committed (or will be committed) to having an undefeated season....until we lose, then I will probably have to put an ice pack on my head and reassess our situation...and predict that we will go 11-1 with a NC. :corndance