Just A thought

Ok, of all the presumed starters, Lucky, Ganz, Dillard, Potter, ect, if any one of our starters happens to get injured, who is the one guy that you think hasn't gotten his opportunity yet to show the world what he can do? In other words, out of the list of presumed backups, who would have the biggest impact and show that he should've been starting? Now I know that we don't necessarily know ALL the starters, but who out of the current players that haven't played much is a star yet to be found?

I think Castille could really dominate if Lucky goes down, just from the few times that he showed greatness last season. Quarterback is probably the safest position though, I think Lee or maybe even Witt could step in no problem and do what Ganz can do.

I think QB is probably the least safe position, actually. To paraphrase/misquote hack (I'm sure he won't mind though), NOBODY holds the team together like Joe Ganz...NOBODY! If Witt or Lee - as much potential as they have - are thrust into the spotlight, I'd expect some serious growing pains. With an entire team expected to go through some serious growing pains, that's not something we can afford.

If Lucky goes down, I think Helu, then Castille will be able to carry on with solid production. That's the nature of the RB position. Our O-line is deep, but if we lose one or two key cogs, we'll feel it IMO.

I think on D, there's potential for people to step up across the board. Maybe due in part to lowered expectations.

In my opinion, I think one position that has been a bit over looked during the offseason is tightend. As much as I hate to say it, sCUm had some pretty good tightends while Watson was there. We have really been lacking a solid TE the last couple years and I am hoping someone will emerge and become a threat. Mike McNeill maybe?

Great topic idea.

Mine on the offense would have to be Castille. Though Lee is a close second. But frankly I think we're going to see a lot of him anyway, provided our O-line holds enough times for Lucky to get tuckered out.

On defense I have a feeling Amukamarah (spelling?) might come in and show some stuff. I use him mostly because our starting situation is still shaky all across the board. Hell, Cody Glenn who's only been a linebacker for half a week is being projected by some as a starter. So we'll have to wait and see.