Could Nebraska sell out a 100k stadium?

Not a chance.

If it could be done it would be in planning and we would not have the high end luxury boxes going in instead.

Expansion is done by projected numbers. Plus that old girl would most likely fall down if tried. The waiting list is not 20 thousand long guys no matter how bad you want to believe. It is about money and if it was there they would figure a way to get it. Not enough numbers so build the boxes and charge enough to make up for the short fall.

Just business guys. Just money. At least that is MHO.

yes, easily.

Then why don't you have one? Dr. Tom not want the revenue? I am not trying to be a doubter, but if you would fill it every game with similar prices to now, they should be working on it right now...

A lot of people would be against it because they hate change and would fear that if we had a bad season they would lose the sell out streak, also those old timers would complain cuz it would be too loud. Also like everything else it would take a lot of money, and we are a public university unlike T.Boone Pickens State. But I def agree they should be working on it. West and North stadium are gorgeous but South and east stadium well, East is dated and South looks like Michigan with the plain bleachers.

My response to the similar thread

from an objective opinion, Being the only game in town ( no pro sports) and no other major schools in the state, I believe the Huskers could sell 100,000 plus to every game. Alabama had plans to expand to 102,000, starting this year, but they have been postponed until the economic picture is less clouded. That might be the only consideration.

Let me introduce myself, I'm obviously an Alabama fan, living in atlanta, Been lurking here and on other boards a few years, looking for football . Can't wait til the season starts!!!, and its only April

isn't there some ridiculous waiting list for season tickets like 40,000 people or something?

actually, I think it is only about 20,000. I think we could sell it out, if the University would do it fairly and at a price people could afford.

The spring game is sold out and tickets on ebay are going for more than $100 and some of you dont think we could sell out a 100,000 seat stadium? Why not?

It would be sold out in a matter of days if they announced it was being done!!!

So.... <_<

What I really want to know...

If we tripple the size of the stadium, would it become the 2nd largest "City" in Nebraska on Football (homegame) Saturdays?

:koolaid2:

If they are going to triple it....what would that take...like 3 upper decks to do it? If we go to all that trouble, can we put a roof on it? 240,000 screaming fans....that would be intimidation. Where would they all park? Grand Island? It would be like going to a larger NASCAR venue....take forever to get in and out, they would have to open the gates at like 7am.

My response to the similar thread

from an objective opinion, Being the only game in town ( no pro sports) and no other major schools in the state, I believe the Huskers could sell 100,000 plus to every game. Alabama had plans to expand to 102,000, starting this year, but they have been postponed until the economic picture is less clouded. That might be the only consideration.

Let me introduce myself, I'm obviously an Alabama fan, living in atlanta, Been lurking here and on other boards a few years, looking for football . Can't wait til the season starts!!!, and its only April

Welcome BAMAGA......... :thumbs