A Major Letdown

Wow what a let down this game was. To all the rest of you that thought you were attending the RED WHITE spring game but really attended the "Lets showcase Ganz and make Witt and Lee look average" game, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING DUPED.

Are you kidding me. They let ganz throw downfield middle, deep outs, all over the place, yet they let witt and lee dump, dump,screen, screen, dump. JOKE. If your going to hype this game with a draft and try to convince everyone there will be true competition, then maybe they should do a better job of trying to hide the real meaning of this game. Clearly, they wanted to put certain people into positions that would sell the fanbase on just how much better they were than the competition. the white team in no way tried to win this game offensively. WHAT A SHAM. How does Niles Paul not catch a ball ( only one thrown his way) Please, this was a bigger joke than the format Cally used.

They can feel good about mission accomplished though. The average everyday Joe will leave there thinking Ganz is great and Lee and Witt not anywhere near him and that is what they wanted all along. Ganz maybe the better of the 3 but let each guy prove that on the field. I arrived early and watched warmups and Ganz has by far the worst arm of the group including Spano and Davis. It would have been nice to see lee or witt trying to hit Paul on a deep post or Brooks on a deep out. However all we got was a heavy dose of screen right and dump flat left.

Cody did look good and so did Thenarse and asante, yay

Of course, it couldn't possibly just be that Ganz is ready for all of that and Witt or Lee aren't. That's just simply not possible! Right? Or could Ganz just be the best guy right now? hmmmm... Well...BO knows....

After having seen him work I have to say I now think Lee may be better than Witt. He looked more prepared, and more at ease than Witt did. When he's a junior or Senior, he will probably be a better QB than Ganz is now, but he needs practice and experience first.

Kody Spano Surprised me a bit. I thought he looked better that I would expect a kid straight out of high school to be. MAde a couple of good plays, and didn't seem overwhelmed. Good potential here. Jim Ebke made one or two good plays too. He looked fast and elusive on thet last run of his.

Davis was still disappointing. He should be a lot better than he is by now.

So no QB controversy this year. Next year, there just might be.

There's really some validity to what he's saying. I'm not sure I agree with all of it. What I see happening is that the majority opinion is that Bo is going to do amazing things at Nebraska, and suggestions to the contrary aren't well tolerated. It was the same last off-season when everyone was drinking the BC kool-aid.

:shrug:

More Bo-aid, please.

mock me if you want. i dont care if the bet is friendly or serious. If both teams arent going to play to win which the white playcalling was much more reserved then why have the format. If it was going to be this way why not just have the 1's vs the 2's. All i am saying is this is the time to put Witt and Lee and others into the serious game type situations.

you can make fun of me all you like, a majority of you that are putting me down or calling me stupid are the same people that thougth Bo Ruud and McKeon were so damned good 2 years ago. while I on the other hand said they both sucked 3 years ago 2 years ago and last year. I didnt mock you for your opinion and i wont now but if you must make fun of me do it when im buying you a beer not over the net. THe ganz lovers out there are many of the same Ruud and McKeon lovers and lets take a moment and see how they came out. and dont give me the if not for Cally BS. Both of them were just plain bad football players. While i dont think ganz sucks like i did them, i dont believe him to be all that good. And i still think the game sucked as a whole

There's really some validity to what he's saying. I'm not sure I agree with all of it. What I see happening is that the majority opinion is that Bo is going to do amazing things at Nebraska, and suggestions to the contrary aren't well tolerated. It was the same last off-season when everyone was drinking the BC kool-aid.

:shrug:

More Bo-aid, please.

I think bo will do great things here, just not this year. i think we will struggle this year with 8 wins being the absolute top. I think bo is fair and playing the right guys. I guess my disappointment is in the fact that neither witt or lee is ready. I think both are more gifted than ganz. i dont think ganz is very good so i had hoped to see one of the 2 ready to go. Ganz will make many mistakes and is not a QB to take a team on his shoulders and will them to victory. IMO Believe me I hope I am way wrong

It's about what I expected. As with past spring games the projected starting QB pretty much gets all their time in the first half and that was the case here. Witt and Lee are battling for the number two spot and maybe they didn't air it out as much. Of course Ganz had a whopping 9 attempts but made the most of his 4 completions for 131 yards. If he keeps that ratio up maybe he'll break his own single game passing records. :dunno

One tidbit I heard on the radio before the game was some players were helping the coaches with the draft. After Ganz was selected the opposite team made it a point to draft Hickman so he wouldn't have his starting center that he had been working the most with. Now that competitive strategy!!

dumbest post ever. dude, get a life.

if its the dumbest post ever then i am the best at something. The game sucked, my opinion, get over the fact that it doesnt fit with your opinion. I didnt realize that your opinion was the only one that counts. The game sucked, the format sucked although it could have been great, Ganz is a very avg QB and i dont give a flying fukkk if you like my opinion or not

if its the dumbest post ever then i am the best at something. The game sucked, my opinion, get over the fact that it doesnt fit with your opinion. I didnt realize that your opinion was the only one that counts. The game sucked, the format sucked although it could have been great, Ganz is a very avg QB and i dont give a flying fukkk if you like my opinion or not

:boxosoap

You do have a right to your opinion, as does everyone else. If you watched this game thinking that you was going to see Joe Montana, you were bound for disappointment. This was nothing more than a scrimmage, basically, that is all these games are. They are supposed to be fan friendly, showing us what they look like so far in practice. The coaches pretty much already have made the call on who the starters look to be. Just because in your opinion you think they should be someone else, that doesn't mean the coaches feel the same way after watching the other practices this spring...and I think they are getting paid to make that call, not you, so their opinion counts more...sorry.

This was a fun game, and if anything should have been looked at closely, and probably was by the majority of fans there today, the defensive play was scrutinized more than anything. And in my opinion, they showed vast improvement over last years team, because they were going for the ball, and tackling. We should see more turnovers this year, for sure.

This is a fun game, lets not take the fun out of it by getting pissy. We also need to support the players...all of them, and the judgment calls of the coaches as to who should be the starters at this point, and even during the season.

Shoot there were times that Lee or Witt didn't even have enough time to throw the ball cause they were either sacked or they had to scramble. It's was a great time and a great atmosphere to be in......AND I GOT SUNBURNED.

I went to the Kansas Nebraska Baseball game the day before.......holy moly now that was COLD AND WINDY!!!!!

It wasn't a game!!!!