A Major Letdown

Wow what a let down this game was. To all the rest of you that thought you were attending the RED WHITE spring game but really attended the "Lets showcase Ganz and make Witt and Lee look average" game, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING DUPED.

Are you kidding me. They let ganz throw downfield middle, deep outs, all over the place, yet they let witt and lee dump, dump,screen, screen, dump. JOKE. If your going to hype this game with a draft and try to convince everyone there will be true competition, then maybe they should do a better job of trying to hide the real meaning of this game. Clearly, they wanted to put certain people into positions that would sell the fanbase on just how much better they were than the competition. the white team in no way tried to win this game offensively. WHAT A SHAM. How does Niles Paul not catch a ball ( only one thrown his way) Please, this was a bigger joke than the format Cally used.

They can feel good about mission accomplished though. The average everyday Joe will leave there thinking Ganz is great and Lee and Witt not anywhere near him and that is what they wanted all along. Ganz maybe the better of the 3 but let each guy prove that on the field. I arrived early and watched warmups and Ganz has by far the worst arm of the group including Spano and Davis. It would have been nice to see lee or witt trying to hit Paul on a deep post or Brooks on a deep out. However all we got was a heavy dose of screen right and dump flat left.

Cody did look good and so did Thenarse and asante, yay

The average everyday Joe will leave there thinking Ganz is great and Lee and Witt not anywhere near him

If your going to hype this game with a draft and try to convince everyone there will be true competition, then maybe they should do a better job of trying to hide the real meaning of this game.

Bo Pelini certainly thinks Witt and Lee are nowhere near Ganz. In the post game interview he said Ganz was gonna be the guy to lead this team in the fall. So there isn't really a QB competition, but it isn't like Bo's leading everyone to believe there is one. Both Lee and Witt are unproven and untested, each of them have 1 year of experience vs Ganz's 4 years. There is no way Ganz is going to be unseated by Lee or Witt.

Are you serious? Please tell me you are joking. If you actually thought the spring SCRIMMAGE was supposed to be anything other than a live environment walk through that is extremely vanilla in terms of playcalling and primarily used to pump up the guys before the summer layoff and be a recruiting tool you were clearly misinformed.

Wow what a let down this game was. To all the rest of you that thought you were attending the RED WHITE spring game but really attended the "Lets showcase Ganz and make Witt and Lee look average" game, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING DUPED.

Are you kidding me. They let ganz throw downfield middle, deep outs, all over the place, yet they let witt and lee dump, dump,screen, screen, dump. JOKE. If your going to hype this game with a draft and try to convince everyone there will be true competition, then maybe they should do a better job of trying to hide the real meaning of this game. Clearly, they wanted to put certain people into positions that would sell the fanbase on just how much better they were than the competition. the white team in no way tried to win this game offensively. WHAT A SHAM. How does Niles Paul not catch a ball ( only one thrown his way) Please, this was a bigger joke than the format Cally used.

They can feel good about mission accomplished though. The average everyday Joe will leave there thinking Ganz is great and Lee and Witt not anywhere near him and that is what they wanted all along. Ganz maybe the better of the 3 but let each guy prove that on the field. I arrived early and watched warmups and Ganz has by far the worst arm of the group including Spano and Davis. It would have been nice to see lee or witt trying to hit Paul on a deep post or Brooks on a deep out. However all we got was a heavy dose of screen right and dump flat left.

Cody did look good and so did Thenarse and asante, yay

:cry

I wasn't able to attend this game, but I'm going to have to chime in with everyone else. it really isn't meant to be an incredible game of intense competition. This post kinda discouraged me about the husker fan base, until I read all the flames this guy is taking (which is discouraging in its own way). Good to see most fans understand what the spring game is supposed to be.

can we just remove this thread?

yeah im serious. im not talking about anyon unseating ganz. im talking about having a draft and splitting up sides "evenly" and making a production of a big steak vs hot dogs bet and then having one offense play to win and the other not. I dont believe ganz is going to be unseated, not at all, i just think the game was a major letdown. the red team attacked downfield while the white team dumped the ball off and threw screen after screen.

If you interpreted my post as a wish for ganz to be unseated then i am not very eloquent, since that was nowhere near my intention. I thought the game was a major letdown. While i realize that we dont want players hurt, i guess i expected a game where 2 evenly picked sides were both going to try to win.

Ganz, i dont think he is unseatable at this point. I do think however that the red colored kool aid flowing around about how good we are going to be is blown out of proportion. we will be improved from last year for sure but we are not going to compete for a title of any sorts because to win titles it takes a very good QB and Joe Ganz is not one of those. While he may be the best we have that doesnt make him great. We will be playing with a very average QB next year and its time we accept that.