A Major Letdown

Well what I am reading between the lines here is a lot different than the last four years.

I think most have come to the conclusion that we may be a good team, but that there is a lot of work to do. It does not appear that we will be hearing Joe Daily for Hypsman type comments anytime soon. That is fine with me.

I am tired of the pie in the sky comments that we seemed to get the last four years.

You guys watched a practice game, that really did not impress many. That is what it should be. No one was laying it totally on the line, neither playrs or coaches it sounds.

This game may have toned down the fan base, and that may be just what this team needs, a lot less preasure on the coach and the players.

They need to jell and it appears that there may be less of an expectation of a 12 and 0 season after what was seen today. Good, because it ain't going to happen.

It sounds like they played hard, and were learning. That is all we can ask for.

That is what it should be. No one was laying it totally on the line, neither playrs or coaches it sounds. Don't want anyone to get hurt, now, do we?

They need to jell and it appears that there may be less of an expectation of a 12 and 0 season after what was seen today. Good, because it ain't going to happen. Yeah huh....gonna be National Champions!!

well this year it technically wasn't 1's vs 2's Bo said he did a draft thing this year. so it's different then what bill did. And if you don't like ganz after what he did last year in his 2 starts he threw i think for a single game record for passing yards. if you thought you were gonna see a mindblowing game then you were wrong but next year i would like to see something like 1's vs. 1's like 1st string D vs 1st string O and the same with 2nd string

well this year it technically wasn't 1's vs 2's Bo said he did a draft thing this year. so it's different then what bill did. And if you don't like ganz after what he did last year in his 2 starts he threw i think for a single game record for passing yards. if you thought you were gonna see a mindblowing game then you were wrong but next year i would like to see something like 1's vs. 1's like 1st string D vs 1st string O and the same with 2nd string

While we're at it, let's call on Kathy Bates and let her break the QB's ankles. I don't like the idea of 1's vs. 1's, too much risk of injury. Your not going to see or want to see them go 100% after each other, or someone will get hurt. <_<

Really?

Red-White Game.

Spring Game.

Hm...I must be missing something here.

Semantics bud, semantics

To which I'd respond:

if its the dumbest post ever then i am the best at something. The game sucked, my opinion, get over the fact that it doesnt fit with your opinion. I didnt realize that your opinion was the only one that counts. The game sucked, the format sucked although it could have been great, Ganz is a very avg QB and i dont give a flying fukkk if you like my opinion or not

It wasn't a game!!!!

Semantics bud, semantics.

:dunno

Zac Lee = Jordan Adams + spleen

And in case you didn't notice, Witt played on the so called "great" team in the second half. I'm sorry that Lee may not be as good as some of you think. He under threw and over threw all day and didn't show me a lot.

What's funny is I knew this was going to happen as soon as Lee played bad: "He was on the lesser team." I thought Witt showed more than Lee today and he was on the same team.

Ganz is going into his fifth year with this system. Witt and Lee are going into their second. I'd say he has as much ability as Witt(little less arm but definitely more agility) but less than Lee. But Lee can't even keep up with Witt in terms of system-knowledge/understanding, let-alone Ganz. Lee is VERY dangerous but he isn't ready to start unless we are willing to piss-away a win or two breaking him in for '09. Witt doesn't bring anything more than Ganz except in his recruiting-ranking.

I could see Witt or Lee ending-up better than Ganz. But I'd say Ganz is our best option this season, and Bo said he is looking to win now write '08 off as a rebuilding-year.

Wow what a let down this game was. To all the rest of you that thought you were attending the RED WHITE spring game but really attended the "Lets showcase Ganz and make Witt and Lee look average" game, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT BEING DUPED.

Are you kidding me. They let ganz throw downfield middle, deep outs, all over the place, yet they let witt and lee dump, dump,screen, screen, dump. JOKE. If your going to hype this game with a draft and try to convince everyone there will be true competition, then maybe they should do a better job of trying to hide the real meaning of this game. Clearly, they wanted to put certain people into positions that would sell the fanbase on just how much better they were than the competition. the white team in no way tried to win this game offensively. WHAT A SHAM. How does Niles Paul not catch a ball ( only one thrown his way) Please, this was a bigger joke than the format Cally used.

They can feel good about mission accomplished though. The average everyday Joe will leave there thinking Ganz is great and Lee and Witt not anywhere near him and that is what they wanted all along. Ganz maybe the better of the 3 but let each guy prove that on the field. I arrived early and watched warmups and Ganz has by far the worst arm of the group including Spano and Davis. It would have been nice to see lee or witt trying to hit Paul on a deep post or Brooks on a deep out. However all we got was a heavy dose of screen right and dump flat left.

Cody did look good and so did Thenarse and asante, yay

if you went to the game thinking all the roster spots have been determined and you would see well polished play, from a 5-7 team from last year, well, you must have drank way too much koolaid. relax, this team has a loooooooonggggggg way to go, as Bo said.

Even Ganz said that they had a ways to go...and they do. I think the offense will come together, no problem. The defense needs to keep up the intensity...that is what was missing last year. Everyone last year on defense looked like they were sleepwalking. This year they were tackling, hitting, and flying to the ball to finish the play.

You do realize that this game means nothing? we are still 5 months from the start of the season in which alot can happen and that either way Nebraska wins. They can hype up Ganz in spring training all they want however it wont affect him at all come september. He showed excellent performance in his last 3 games as a starter and thats all I need to be convinced that he can have a good season.