A Major Letdown

mock me if you want....

...you can make fun of me all you like, a majority of you that are putting me down or calling me stupid are the same people that thougth Bo Ruud and McKeon were so damned good 2 years ago. while I on the other hand said they both sucked 3 years ago 2 years ago and last year. I didnt mock you for your opinion and i wont now but if you must make fun of me do it when im buying you a beer not over the net. THe ganz lovers out there are many of the same Ruud and McKeon lovers and lets take a moment and see how they came out. and dont give me the if not for Cally BS. Both of them were just plain bad football players. While i dont think ganz sucks like i did them, i dont believe him to be all that good. And i still think the game sucked as a whole

I'm sorry...But you did WHAT to Whom? :clap

I think T9 has a few good points.

No need to string him up just yet..(Wait 'till the Kool-Ade has a chance to ferment a little). :koolaid2:

It might have been a little misleading choosing up sides the way they did..Betting a Steak vs. hot dogs when they can have steak every other day?

It would have been more entertaining for the fans to see some more better stratezisin' and play-calling, but I'm guessing this was more about the players.

Getting them some exposure to the massive crowd and just having a little fun out there after the grueling workouts up to now.

Still..It would've been more "value added" to get the "backups" a little more prepared for a "game" in case of injury further down the road.

one of the most absurd things i've read in awhile...it's a scrimmage, nothing more, nothing less

It's more about being able to walk around campus another time, bbq with friends, drink on "o" St., talk football before a 5 month block, dream how a team is on it's way to a conference or national championship and once again outsmart dumb scalpers who think there going to sell their blown up prices. :clap

the only thing i regret about going to the game is the horrid sunburn i got from sitting in the bleachers.

yes, it's a 'game' in so far as it's chance see what the team can do under live-fire circumstances.

additionally, i finally took an anti-drug, alcohol and tobacco pledge on saturday. now i live in terror that if i fall-off the wagon, demario williams and adam carriker are going to hurt me horribly.

but screw what i think, let's let coach pelini speak...

B8_-Wzlhhiw

want more? bo's got more for ya right here.

do i have to say it? go big red.

the only thing i regret about going to the game is the horrid sunburn i got from sitting in the bleachers.

yes, it's a 'game' in so far as it's chance see what the team can do under live-fire circumstances.

but screw what i think, let's let coach pelini speak...

B8_-Wzlhhiw

do i have to say it? go big red.

Bo P. is more impressive every day.

T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

If you were let down by this game you just don't know what its about. The Spring game is about getting out, having some fun and enjoying the sun, the crowd and the opportunity to reassert your support for the Nebraska Football team. The best part of the day is the tail gating and the tunnel walk and seeing those young men in Crimson 'N' Cream come sprinting out onto the field.

GBR

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers

Ganz was not recruited by Bo, or even Watson for that matter. Plus he is going into his senior season, he'll only be a starter for one year. Why would be there be bias in his favor? If Watson had bias towards him wouldn't he have gotten a shot before he HAD to be thrown out there last year?

Whether Ganz is all-that or not, I'd say the coaches have every reason to believe he is out best chance of victory in '08. Ya like I said earlier maybe Witt or Lee will be better down the road but not now.

I think the starter is definitely going to be Ganz...the backup will probably be Witt. I do think Lee will get to see some playing time, probably towards the end of some of the games that we have a good lead, and he should, because he has played the part of a good soldier, kept his mouth shut and supported whoever was starting. If something happens to Ganz though, you can expect to see Witt, I think the feeling is that he is probably the future starter after Ganz is gone.

Bo Pelini had a great speech in my opinion. What I liked about his speech is that he mentioned all of the fans showing up to show them that we have a lot of passion for this team and that they should have passion too. Great speech and it was a great atmosphere.

Anybody else get sun burned????? My whole arms and hands got sun burned. <_<

Bo Pelini had a great speech in my opinion. What I liked about his speech is that he mentioned all of the fans showing up to show them that we have a lot of passion for this team and that they should have passion too. Great speech and it was a great atmosphere.

Anybody else get sun burned????? My whole arms and hands got sun burned. <_<

I have friends that said they were burnt to a crisp. The great thing about everyone showing up is that there was about 100 recruits attending the game and they got to see it. The bad thing is not everyone stayed to the end, would have been neat to see 80,000 cheer them off the field at the end to show their support.

But I imagine some of the recruits were talking among themselves about the number of people that were there at the beginning of the game compared to other schools. I would love to see a list of all the NCAA schools and what their attendance was...think that would be interesting.

After sitting indoors for the game (family member got club seats from his work) it was that cool. Sure the bathrooms are better and the temp would be good for a cold or hot day along with no sun but it didn't feel like a real game. I felt like it would be rude to clap. Not complaining because I am glad I went but the club seats (indoor) are over rated

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

If you were let down by this game you just don't know what its about. The Spring game is about getting out, having some fun and enjoying the sun, the crowd and the opportunity to reassert your support for the Nebraska Football team. The best part of the day is the tail gating and the tunnel walk and seeing those young men in Crimson 'N' Cream come sprinting out onto the field.

GBR

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:cheers

Crimson?...............did you say crimson?

There's really some validity to what he's saying. I'm not sure I agree with all of it. What I see happening is that the majority opinion is that Bo is going to do amazing things at Nebraska, and suggestions to the contrary aren't well tolerated. It was the same last off-season when everyone was drinking the BC kool-aid.

:shrug:

More Bo-aid, please.

I think bo will do great things here, just not this year. i think we will struggle this year with 8 wins being the absolute top. I think bo is fair and playing the right guys. I guess my disappointment is in the fact that neither witt or lee is ready. I think both are more gifted than ganz. i dont think ganz is very good so i had hoped to see one of the 2 ready to go. Ganz will make many mistakes and is not a QB to take a team on his shoulders and will them to victory. IMO Believe me I hope I am way wrong

Well he may not be the next Steve Young, But the doesn't have to be. Football is still a team sport and the best quarterback ever couldn't win a single game if he had to do it by himself.

A mediocre quarterback with a solid team around him however, can do great things. For example Trent Dilfer when he won a superbowl with Tampa Bay. Mediocre Quarterback, but still had a decent team around him.... voila- I give you Lombardi.

Joey's pretty good. He should do fine.

There's really some validity to what he's saying. I'm not sure I agree with all of it. What I see happening is that the majority opinion is that Bo is going to do amazing things at Nebraska, and suggestions to the contrary aren't well tolerated. It was the same last off-season when everyone was drinking the BC kool-aid.

:shrug:

More Bo-aid, please.

I think bo will do great things here, just not this year. i think we will struggle this year with 8 wins being the absolute top. I think bo is fair and playing the right guys. I guess my disappointment is in the fact that neither witt or lee is ready. I think both are more gifted than ganz. i dont think ganz is very good so i had hoped to see one of the 2 ready to go. Ganz will make many mistakes and is not a QB to take a team on his shoulders and will them to victory. IMO Believe me I hope I am way wrong

Well he may not be the next Steve Young, But the doesn't have to be. Football is still a team sport and the best quarterback ever couldn't win a single game if he had to do it by himself.

A mediocre quarterback with a solid team around him however, can do great things. For example Trent Dilfer when he won a superbowl with Tampa Bay. Mediocre Quarterback, but still had a decent team around him.... voila- I give you Lombardi.

Joey's pretty good. He should do fine.

:yeah