Killing Time This Spring...Part II

Since the “Mock Draft” idea fell through I’ve been thinking of something else to keep people occupied until fall and came up with this:

Instead of making teams out of former and present Husker players, I think it would be interesting to make a couple of teams out of Huskerboard posters. Here’s kind of an idea of how I envision it would go

First…I guess any posters that wanted to participate would have to declare themselves eligible for the draft. Once anyone that wants in is in, two people would have to be designated as the “owners” of the two teams. Those two owners would then draft the two teams from the eligible posters to fill their roster. Once the rosters are filled, the owners can designate which “players” would fill which positions and then play could begin.

Now…here is the beauty of the game. I just happen to have an “assistant” in my home who loves to use his PS3 to create different college teams to thump existing college teams. Once the rosters and positions are set, the owners just need to post all the information…the kid creates the teams…and then he plays a series of games each Saturday to determine how much the team I am on….uh….I mean, which team wins. We keep a running tally of stats and at the end of the season everyone on the losing team buys me….uh….I mean, the winning team a beer or something. I can post a highlight update on Mondays after the games to keep everyone up to date.

To make it even more interesting, we could make sure each “player” had his actual size included so we could have anything from a 5’6”, 130 lb tackle to an Adonis like me on each team….just to make it more realistic (like a bunch of drunk guys playing in the park). You could design your own uniforms (that’s another thing the kid likes to do…I caught him watching Project Runway once and had to ground him….) and vote for your own most valuable player or whatever. I suppose since most of you are huge liars anyway that all the stats would have to be set at a midpoint to start and then it will adjust as the season wears on.

Just an idea to kill time if anyone is interested….I think it would be pretty amusing and I know I would enjoy seeing Jayhawk go down with a season ending groin injury.

Will you be reprising your role as Sideline Marker Guy for this "game"?

I get to be the commissioner....I'm the one that administers the drug tests.

But...I guess if anyone is interested, you can sign up here:

22....I'm being overly optimistic aren't I??? Feel free to add numbers if there aren't enough sign up spaces... <_<

Sounds good to me!

The height and weight will be easy to determine, but how will the other variables be settled (i.e., Speed, Agility, Awareness, etc.) for each player?

I thought I'd just start everybody out at the mid-point so every thing is even...except, of course, if I play in which case I would be maxed out in all catagories...to reflect how I am in real life you know.... <_<